Author Topic: New colo Rep responds after dems accuse her of having a gun fetish.  (Read 664 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)

NEW Colo rep responds after dems accuse her of having a gun fetish.
« on: Today at 12:35:39 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-huffman-colorado-boebert-gun-fetish

Colorado GOP Rep. Boebert responds after California Democrats mock her gun display
Boebert said lawmakers vow to uphold the Constitution, and Second Amendment is part of it
By Michael Ruiz, David Aaro | Fox News

Rep. Boebert responds to being called out for gun collection display
U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., responded Thursday night after a California Democrat accused her earlier in the day of having a "gun fetish" because some weapons were visible on a shelf inside her home during a Zoom call with other lawmakers.

During an appearance on "Fox News @ Night," Boebert called U.S. Rep. Jared Huffman a creep and claimed his "disdain for the Constitution was on full display."

"Rather than having a productive debate about policy ... Democrats were too busy mocking the Constitution and disrespecting the everyday Americans that I was elected to represent," Boebert told Fox News' Mike Emanuel.

"This was my first committee hearing and the chairman couldn't stop attacking, degrading, and insulting committee members," she continued. "I am busy fighting against the left's real fetish for power and stripping Americans of their constitutional rights."

Boebert also addressed a Twitter post by California Democrat Katie Porter, who wrote about Boebert's gun display: "I always thought my dirty dishes piled up and accumulating bacteria were the most dangerous thing in a Zoom background."

"It's kind of alarming that she has so many dishes in her sink collecting bacteria," Boebert responded. "Do your dishes, Hon."

Boebert said she put up the gun display in response to the House Committee on Natural Resources wanting to ban firearms. She reminded Democrats on the panel that they had taken an oath to uphold the Constitution.

"If somebody wants to have a shrine to their gun fetish as a Zoom backdrop in their private life they can do that," Huffman said during the meeting. "But this is our ‘hearing room,’ and at some point we will get past the COVID epidemic, and we’ll all start showing up in person, and our safety and our ability to conduct business civilly without feeling threatened is a relevant consideration, unfortunately."

His "shrine" reference knocked the four-gun display seen behind Boebert in the course of a discussion on firearms in the Capitol complex during the virtually held meeting. In a tweet later in the day, he again accused Boebert of "fetisihizing weapons."

REP. BOEBERT BLASTS 'BASELESS' SUGGESTION BY DEM LAWMAKER THAT SHE LED RECONNAISSANCE TOUR OF CAPITOL

placeholder
The display appeared on a bookcase in Boebert’s private home in Rifle, Colo., according to a spokesman for her office.

"We all took an oath to uphold and secure the Constitution, every single one of us," Boebert, an outspoken Second Amendment supporter, said when it was her turn to speak. "Our first act as members of Congress was to take our oath of office, and please allow me to remind you a portion of that oath, the chair and every other member here solemnly swore that we would support and defend the Constitution of the United States…The Second Amendment is very much a part of the Constitution of the United States."

Rep. Mace calls for razor-wire fencing to come down at US CapitolVideo
As members mulled a firearms ban during committee hearings, she asked Chairman Raul Grijalva, D-Ariz., whether a handful of other constitutional amendments would be infringed upon.

"How about the Nineteenth Amendment? Can women vote in this committee?" asked Boebert. "Why does anyone think that they can cherry-pick the Second Amendment and say this is the one enumerated right that we can take away from people?"

Lauren Boebert, then-Republican candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives seat in Colorado's vast 3rd Congressional District, carries a gun during a freedom cruise staged by her supporters in Pueblo West, Colo., Sept. 4, 2020. (Associated Press)
Lauren Boebert, then-Republican candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives seat in Colorado's vast 3rd Congressional District, carries a gun during a freedom cruise staged by her supporters in Pueblo West, Colo., Sept. 4, 2020. (Associated Press)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Before she was elected to Congress, Boebert owned a gun-themed restaurant called Shooters Grill.

"Why stop with the Second Amendment?" she continued. "Let’s go ahead and quarter soldiers in this committee room. There’s plenty of soldiers in the parking garage at ‘Fort Pelosi’ in Washington, D.C."
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
Re: New colo Rep responds after dems accuse her of having a gun fetish.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 06:57:29 AM »
She was on Hannity last night. She is smart with a good sense of humor. 

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 06:57:52 AM »
I like Her!

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 07:00:00 AM »
I like Her!

Not bad on the eyes either.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 09:42:34 AM »
We need a bunch more just like her.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 03:09:26 PM »
Some people collect guns.
Some people collect cars.
some people collect fine china.
My mother-in-law (rip) collected plates from her travels.
democrats/communists collect human heads.  they have zero sense of humor, zero tolerance for other folks wants or likes.
they are worse than Tasmanian Devils.  TD's at least allow other TD's to eat with them even though they growl and gripe.

After the revolutionary war, the Patriots apparently left enough Tories alive to contaminate the gene pool and they've multiplied to the point that the existence of a free nation is in peril.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglows

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 03:28:24 PM »
  I wonder if democrats chide their celebrity friends for having an "Emmy" or "Oscar" fetish, since they seem to display those things during interviews.. if they have them !

Since she lives in Colorado, I hope she patronizes the following cafe..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq9E4y5mP0g

Watch CBS "have a cow"!   (less than 4 min video)
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 03:47:37 PM »
  I wonder if democrats chide their celebrity friends for having an "Emmy" or "Oscar" fetish, since they seem to display those things during interviews.. if they have them !

If I weren't so danged old, I'd head for Rifle and have me some supper with my gun out for all to see.   Great girls there. ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglows

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 04:38:45 PM »
...And far better on the eyes that almost anything the lefties can dig up.  ..And they are well practiced in  digging people up !   ;)  ;D
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 04:48:11 PM »
...And far better on the eyes that almost anything the lefties can dig up.  ..And they are well practiced in  digging people up !   ;)  ;D
LOL,  ;D ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2021, 03:39:04 AM »

Actually, she owns it.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 03:48:24 AM »
I'm glad to have her in the house.....she's pretty smart for sure, just hope she doesn't get tripped up.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2021, 05:00:47 AM »
I'm not impressed with her. The little petty name calling and attitude is not who we are as Conservatives. Let the left lower themselves to name calling. Yes, she has the right to have guns displayed in her house,but to me it was obvious she was looking for the reaction she got.

BTW....She's really not that good looking, unless your comparing her to the OAC bunch. She kind of reminds me of the gal from Laugh- In. Lilly Tomlin I believe is her name.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 05:23:21 AM »
I'm not impressed with her. The little petty name calling and attitude is not who we are as Conservatives. Let the left lower themselves to name calling. Yes, she has the right to have guns displayed in her house,but to me it was obvious she was looking for the reaction she got.

BTW....She's really not that good looking, unless your comparing her to the OAC bunch. She kind of reminds me of the gal from Laugh- In. Lilly Tomlin I believe is her name.

Better looking than most of those liberal democrats lol.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2021, 05:36:32 AM »

Better looking than most of those liberal democrats lol.

LOL! There is an old saying about beauty. Pretty is, as pretty does. A big part of the ugliness in the Democrat party.

I remember a Lady in our family when I was a kid, that was not very attractive by the american standard, but she was one of the nicest people the Lord ever put on the planet. Her inner beauty far out shined  her outward appearance. Definitely not a Nancy Pelos.i 

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 06:22:16 AM »
Nancy's ugliness is beyond definition. Both inside and out. And what's wrong with Bidens eyes? I saw a pic of him from about 20 years ago. Now he looks like an Asian. China maybe, I hope that's not contagious.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2021, 07:50:47 AM »
Nancy's ugliness is beyond definition. Both inside and out. And what's wrong with Bidens eyes? I saw a pic of him from about 20 years ago. Now he looks like an Asian. China maybe, I hope that's not contagious.

I'm thinking the same thing that Kenny Rogers had done. Reconstructive surgery does a good job on noses, but horrible on the eyes.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 09:32:28 AM »
I've eaten in that restaurant back in '97 when I was out there in the area hunting. We were staying on a range midway between Rifle and Meeker and went into both towns while out there.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 10:33:26 AM »
I'm not impressed with her. The little petty name calling and attitude is not who we are as Conservatives. Let the left lower themselves to name calling.
Sadly the -- I am better than using the language you use -- is one reason the Democrat stomp all over the republicans.
Republicans refuse to defend them selves, pretending they are above such lower class action, and have been made out to be two-faced fools for it.

Trump used street language just a Democrats do, and made the Democrats pay for it.
Robert's rules of order is fine for truly formal places where politeness may still exist; politics has been in the gutter since the first elections ever held.

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 11:17:16 AM »
I'm not impressed with her. The little petty name calling and attitude is not who we are as Conservatives. Let the left lower themselves to name calling.
Sadly the -- I am better than using the language you use -- is one reason the Democrat stomp all over the republicans.
Republicans refuse to defend them selves, pretending they are above such lower class action, and have been made out to be two-faced fools for it.

Trump used street language just a Democrats do, and made the Democrats pay for it.
Robert's rules of order is fine for truly formal places where politeness may still exist; politics has been in the gutter since the first elections ever held.
     You're right about a couple things, the democrats did stomp on the republicans all the way with the election process and also made two faced fools out of them. Trump was left alone through the whole let down process by republicans.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 06:00:34 AM »

Republicans did a pretty good job of stomping on themselves.I was referring to Conservative actions. Not necessarily Republican.Trump got my respect for what he did for the country. Not what he said. His actions were better than his words.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 03:06:05 AM »

Awww...so they are "offended"?  How much did it bother them when Obama's campaign office posted a big banner honoring a terrorizing, communist murderer?

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/obama_che_guevara_flag_scandal/