Author Topic: Stores in Texas not following Abbotts mask mandate  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Goldie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Stores in Texas not following Abbotts mask mandate
« on: March 07, 2021, 02:47:40 PM »
My sister in Texas is telling me that the main stores in Texas are snubbing Governor Abbott about the mask mandate. Walmart and HEB say they will keep the Biden mandate in place. If that's the case and Abbot is the Governor then what good does it do to open the state?  If the lousy liberals still get their way. If this happens with Arizona and our rhino Governor ducey does nothing to prevent it I'm afraid i will make it a point to walk in all the stores unmasked to make a point I ain't kissing their azz. Might get kicked out but who gives a crap.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Stores in Texas not following Abbotts mask mandate
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 03:11:04 PM »
Walmarts, and others all overTexas have had the mask signs up for the better part of a year now. Its called cya. They won't say a word if you go in without one.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 03:11:43 PM »
Keep it simple. Don’t shop there. I have not shopped there even before this.

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 03:43:23 PM »
One of the biggest things I see with the Governor Abbott's lifting of restrictions is allowing eating establishments to open up 100%. Lots of small places have gone out of business and it'll take the ones that survived months on end to recoup their losses and some will probably still not survive.
wtxbadger

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 12:21:12 AM »
I'm afraid i will make it a point to walk in all the stores unmasked to make a point I ain't kissing their azz. Might get kicked out but who gives a crap.
Hmmm. If you don’t give a crap, why would you make it a point?

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 12:27:37 AM »
I'm afraid i will make it a point to walk in all the stores unmasked to make a point I ain't kissing their azz. Might get kicked out but who gives a crap.
     Hmmmmm upset about my remark about sheep getting their vacs poison huh? Some people make it a point just to make a point. Some follow the crowd.I see what you do.

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 12:38:07 AM »
Keep it simple. Don’t shop there. I have not shopped there even before this.
   I don't know where you shop mule but not much going on here unless you go big box stores. Kinda hard buying groceries and home supplies at 7,11. Which is all we got.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 03:01:40 AM »
Ha,ha, I don't have to worry about that because our little dictator is still keeping us safe by masks and limited numbers in businesses. She condemns Texas over their less restrictive measures and putting our state at risk when they stray over the state line. Funny thing is when you get down to the nitty-gritty our death rate from covid exceeds the Texas rate by 25 deaths per million residents.

Abbot didn't mandate you not wear masks, he mandated that the state no longer required you to. Big difference. I have to go to Texas later today to see for a 6 month checkup. I'll see first hand what's going on up to a point. Little bitty town, no big stores, not many small ones either so it won't tell me much except for attitude about the whole mess. 

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 03:21:09 AM »
Get most of what we need from a local DG, who is about to expand selling meats and produce.
I seldomly see anyone wearing a mask in there. Maybe they will get busted like the car parts
stores did? I was able to buy a new SONY DVD player there and I didn't have to go to Walmart.

They are using there own trucks now out of Lubbock, instead of the unreliable contractors.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 03:35:06 AM »
Other than meats and fresh produce you can order anything you want or need online and have it delivered to your house. Can even get it shipped free. That's what I've been doing for about a year or more now.

I have a small grocery store about 3 miles away. The entire store isn't much more than what one aisle of a real grocery store is but it has the basic stuff and better meats than real grocery stores plus fresh produce.

What I don't get there I order online.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 03:55:50 AM »
Other than meats and fresh produce you can order anything you want or need online and have it delivered to your house. Can even get it shipped free. That's what I've been doing for about a year or more now.

I have a small grocery store about 3 miles away. The entire store isn't much more than what one aisle of a real grocery store is but it has the basic stuff and better meats than real grocery stores plus fresh produce.

What I don't get there I order online.
  I might just do the store ordering stuff online like you Sir and avoid all the hubbub of going to the store for groceries. Only store then to worry about is Lowe's where unfortunately i have to get hardware stuff.   

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 04:01:46 AM »
The big thing the Gov. did was allow business to open 100%.  Wear a mask if you like or don't who cares. And I can see were a business owner might require  people to wear a mask , for liability protection or maybe his workers  have not been on the vac. list yet. But every one gets to make their own mind up in stead of dictator control.  At least some of you guys live in free America.

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 06:15:42 PM »
We have not ordered any groceries, except cappucino from amazon because WM is usually out and Kroger and IGA are not interested in getting it for me.
 Kroger and WM have a LOT of outs, bare shelves, mainly because the ones who should be stocking are literally running to find customer call in orders. Not kidding about the running either.
With all the bare shelves how would I know what I can order??  Do you guys actually get what you order?? CHARLIE.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2021, 02:02:59 AM »
Yup Charlie, I really get what I order but I'm ordering from Amazon. Often especially food items are shipped from Walmart or Sams's club  but sometimes from other places as well.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline darkgael

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 02:44:30 AM »
     Hmmmmm upset about my remark about sheep getting their vacs poison huh? Some people make it a point just to make a point. Some follow the crowd.I see what you do.
We all make choices. Saying (or implying) that following a crowd makes a person a sheep ignores the fact that we all follow crowds , both you and me included. We all like to believe that our crowd is somehow a better choice. The jury is still out on that.

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 03:16:02 AM »
We all make choices. Saying (or implying) that following a crowd makes a person a sheep ignores the fact that we all follow crowds , both you and me included. We all like to believe that our crowd is somehow a better choice. The jury is still out on that.
  Ok DG you keep following your crowd and I'll do the same. Is that better for you?

Offline darkgael

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 08:28:13 AM »
And so it goes.

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 08:33:38 AM »
We went to walmart yesteray, got the ONLY can of cappucino they had. CHARLIE.  ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 08:38:32 AM »
My Sister called me today and said she attempted to go in a HEB store ? without a mask and was refused entry. She questioned the management and was told that even though Abbott opened the state they (HEB) still had the mask and social distancing in effect and it would be strictly enforced. I say B.S. on that

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 08:49:12 AM »
There wouldn't be any problem if
people from outside the country
would have been prevented from
entering and bringing infectious
diseases with them.
I know I know
That's too simple and common
sense of a solution
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 02:42:32 PM »
My Sister called me today and said she attempted to go in a HEB store ? without a mask and was refused entry. She questioned the management and was told that even though Abbott opened the state they (HEB) still had the mask and social distancing in effect and it would be strictly enforced. I say B.S. on that
Do like I do. Drive out of your comfort zone and pay a premium to stores and settle for what is available. Don’t enrich those that suck...

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2021, 04:49:09 PM »
Walmarts, and others all over Texas have had the mask signs up for the better part of a year now. Its called cya. They won't say a word if you go in without one.

I've having asthma problems this past month and I can't breath well behind a mask.  Out idiot commie governor did one thing right in putting a provision in the mask rules for people with breathing problems.  However the A-holes at Walmart didn't care, I was told that I couldn't shop there without a mask.  I explained to the idiot assistant manager that the mask rules have a provision for people with breathing problems.  I was told he didn't care and that it was Walmart policy not to let in people not wearing a mask.  I told him to F himself and the Walmart executives an that I'd never spend money in their stores again.  Trust me, I will keep that promise...

Tony

Offline powderman

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2021, 05:20:04 PM »
TONY. I use oxygen. We went to WM in corydon IND yesterday. I got an electric cart and turned my oxygen on. The greeter asked me if I needed a mask,  I told him it was already hard to breathe and my heart DR told me NOT to wear a mask because it further stress my heart. All I got was enjoy your shopping Sir. CHARLIE.  ;D ;D

Offline Dee

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2021, 02:25:15 AM »
Yep, there's some (censored word) store clerks, just like there are some (censored word) customers. Just depends on where you go.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline geezerbiker

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2021, 08:11:57 AM »
In this case it was a store assistant manager at the store in McMinnville, OR but all walmarts have lost me as a customer.

I tried to politely explain the situation but he would hear none of it.  I don't regret (much) what I said.  It'll be a cold day in hell before I go back into a walmart store.

Tony

Offline orerancher

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2021, 08:16:30 AM »
In this case it was a store assistant manager at the store in McMinnville, OR but all walmarts have lost me as a customer.

I tried to politely explain the situation but he would hear none of it.  I don't regret (much) what I said.  It'll be a cold day in hell before I go back into a walmart store.

Tony

Off Topic, But...Do You Know if the China Buffet in Mac. is Open?

Offline geezerbiker

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2021, 08:01:48 PM »
I think so.  I'll check the next time I go though Mac.  It used to be my favorite place to eat out until I was put on a salt restricted diet and now I don't got to restaurants more than 2 or 3 times a year.  COVID really messed me up to say the least.

BTW, I know the Mongolian BBQ in Tigard is open and I'm looking forward to going sometime in the next month.

Tony

Offline orerancher

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2021, 06:42:17 AM »
I think so.  I'll check the next time I go though Mac.  It used to be my favorite place to eat out until I was put on a salt restricted diet and now I don't got to restaurants more than 2 or 3 times a year.  COVID really messed me up to say the least.

BTW, I know the Mongolian BBQ in Tigard is open and I'm looking forward to going sometime in the next month.

Tony

Thanks, I really Like the place in Mac.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2021, 11:57:50 AM »
I have more then tired on this crap... errrr submission.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2021, 12:26:50 PM »
Yup Charlie, I really get what I order but I'm ordering from Amazon. Often especially food items are shipped from Walmart or Sams's club  but sometimes from other places as well.

Ebay isn't Amazon, but they are pretty good about there delivering on time.