Author Topic: Lies, lies and concentrated lies !  (Read 647 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Lies, lies and concentrated lies !
« on: April 02, 2021, 04:08:45 AM »
  It seems that over the last few years, the Demon-rats have become so accustomed to lying, that they can't even seem to notice the rare times when they have a relapse into the truth !

They have been lying so much lately, it is incredible that their buds don't seem to realize the depth of their habits.

Or do they know, but don't care.... if their team is composed of liars ?

Joe said the new Georgia law shortens voting hours...  A LIE ! 

Next, he says voters cannot be served a drink of water as they stand in line....A LIRE !

They can go 100 feet from the polling place and have a drink..provided by a politician. 

OR..  They can be served a drink of water while in line..with no political campaigning or partisan posters!

It is just the old tried and true, "no campaigning closer to the voting place than 100 feet"..and that goes for all involved parties !

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/why-all-the-lies-about-georgias-new-voting-law
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
Re: Lies, lies and concentrated lies !
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 10:13:12 AM »
IG: Here’s hoping that you have been well during these past few months.
Referring to your “lies” post, I do not seek to defend Mr. Biden; I do wonder about the accusation. Could he not have just been wrong?

Offline ironglows

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 04:16:07 PM »
IG: Here’s hoping that you have been well during these past few months.
Referring to your “lies” post, I do not seek to defend Mr. Biden; I do wonder about the accusation. Could he not have just been wrong?

Could have been, except it happens so often.  ..And it would seem that before he makes such accusations on a nationally televised address, he would check the veracity of what he is about to say!

I know you don't like the hyphenated , descriptive term I use for his party, but I am an equal opportunity title twister.  I also employ pejorative terminology, when I say Repug-nican.. ;) ;D
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 01:52:30 AM »
It's a lot easier just calling them left wing evil democrats and rhinos. After all not much difference in either.

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 02:13:55 AM »
As President of the US he should be very well informed before he runs his mouth, as they say words have consequences . Remember how Trump or Bush got treated when they made a " mistake" .

Offline ironglows

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 02:27:11 AM »
As President of the US he should be very well informed before he runs his mouth, as they say words have consequences . Remember how Trump or Bush got treated when they made a " mistake" .

We have all seen how his 'handlers' hover over him, standing ready to help or correct him in his diction. I would suspect that since he has to resort to cheat-sheets and various prompters, his hovering guides likely went over everything he was to say on that address.  So I am inclined think that was a planned and approved speech.

It seems to be a Democrat  tactic  to utilize hyperbole, whenever they try to paint their opposition as unfit.

Joe has lied before..far beyond what common sense would dictate.  He should have caught the  inflated figures without any prompting..
  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/18/fact-check-joe-biden-botched-stats-covid-gun-deaths/5461700002/

For instance..if 150 million Americans had died from guns over the last few years..half the homes in America would be empty !! 
   Same goes for 120 million Covid deaths..  The left habitually pulls statistics and numbers from the air !

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 01:44:41 AM »
Remember how Trump or Bush got treated when they made a " mistake"
Good point.

About the tactic of hyperbole....when does hyperbole become a lie? The line between the two is very fine and too often crossed by politicians of every persuasion.
Remember also who it was who coined the term “creative hyperbole” when statements stretched the limits.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 05:14:58 AM »
Remember how Trump or Bush got treated when they made a " mistake"
Good point.

About the tactic of hyperbole....when does hyperbole become a lie? The line between the two is very fine and too often crossed by politicians of every persuasion.
Remember also who it was who coined the term “creative hyperbole” when statements stretched the limits.
  Yes, Donald trump once wrote about "creative hyperbole"..  However, I tend to make a division, rightly or not..where a hyperbole is used to lie or gain an advantage, politically or otherwise.

For instance, many of us are inclined to use such, without any ulterior motive..  Target shooting:  "he missed by a mile"...  "Uncle Charlie is "older than the hills"... "That shotgun was "light as a feather"...  "I found these great apples under a wild tree..there are tons more left"..  "Like throwing your money into a bottomless pit"...

None of those examples are for profit or to gain an advantage.

However, when a politician wildly exaggerates a death or disease toll, a cost of  an opponent's program,  or a complete lie about his opponent's social associations...that is a very different story !

For example....we see lies propagated concerning guns...almost daily !