Author Topic: Eviljoe on OUR 2nd Ammend, NO ammendment is absolute.  (Read 504 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Eviljoe on OUR 2nd Ammend, NO ammendment is absolute.
« on: April 09, 2021, 04:48:53 AM »

Eviljoe on OUR 2nd Ammend, NO ammendment is absolute.
« on: Today at 09:45:05 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-second-amendment-no-amendment-is-absolute

Biden on the Second Amendment: 'No amendment is absolute'
Biden says nothing he is recommending 'impinges on the Second Amendment'
Brooke SingmanBy Brooke Singman | Fox News

Fox News Flash top headlines for April 8
President Biden on Thursday, in rolling out a set of executive orders on gun control, said "no amendment is absolute," while maintaining that "nothing" he is recommending "impinges" on the Second Amendment.

"Today we're taking steps to confront not just the gun crisis, but what is actually a public health crisis," Biden said from the White House Thursday.

BIDEN ANNOUNCES SLATE OF GUN CONTROL ACTIONS, CLAIMS 'PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS'

placeholder
"Nothing, nothing I am about to recommend in any way impinges on the Second Amendment," the president said, calling arguments suggesting that those constitutional rights are at stake "phony."

"No amendment, no amendment to the Constitution is absolute," he said. "You can’t yell 'fire' in a crowded movie theater — recall a freedom of speech. From the very beginning, you couldn’t own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning that the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren’t allowed to have weapons."

He added: "So the idea is just bizarre, to suggest that some of the things we’re recommending are contrary to the Constitution."

The president went on to call gun violence in the United States "an epidemic."

"Let me say it again, gun violence in this country is an epidemic," Biden said. "And it’s an international embarrassment."

Biden announced a set of executive actions and legislative proposals on gun control Thursday.

President Biden speaks about gun violence prevention in the Rose Garden at the White House, Thursday, April 8, 2021, in Washington. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik) ((AP Photo/Andrew Harnik))

Biden is asking that the Justice Department, within a month, propose a rule to stop "ghost guns," which are "kits" people can buy legally then fully assemble to create a functioning firearm that does not have a serial number.

placeholder
Biden is also asking the DOJ within 60 days to propose a rule on braces used for handguns, which make them more accurate; proposing action on "community violence intervention"; asking the DOJ to publish suggestions for "red flag" legislation; and having his administration issue a report on gun trafficking.

Biden also formally announced David Chipman as the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

A senior administration official Wednesday said that Chipman will respect the Second Amendment while he enforces gun laws.

"I've seen with my own two lives what a bullet can do to the human body ... and I've fought my entire career to fight this violence and to pass reasonable gun safety" measures," Vice President Harris said as she introduced Biden.

"What are we waiting for? Cause we aren't waiting or a tragedy... We've had more tragedy than we can bear," she said. "The solutions exist... people on both sides of the aisle want action, real people ... so all that is left is the will and the courage to act."

BIDEN TO NOMINATE GUN CONTROL BACKER DAVID CHIPMAN TO HEAD ATF: WH OFFICIAL

The Biden administration is also expected to throw its weight behind gun control proposals in Congress.

Republicans, meanwhile, have expressed their suspicion of Biden's agenda, which goes much further than the actions he is announcing Thursday. The president has said he supports an assault weapons ban, voluntary buybacks of assault weapons, wants to repeal a law that prevents gun manufacturers from being sued for crimes people commit with guns, and much more.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"By appointing the anti-gun Merrick Garland as attorney general and nominating David Chipman — formerly a senior staffer at the leading gun control lobby —  to head ATF, Biden has made clear his sights are set on restricting the rights of law-abiding gun owners while ignoring criminals and foregoing substantive measures that will actually keep Americans safe," the National Rifle Association (NRA) said in a statement.

"Further, the proposals Biden announced tonight could require law-abiding citizens to surrender lawful property and enable states to expand gun confiscation orders. The NRA will fight this nomination and ill-conceived executive actions," the NRA also said.

Fox News’ Tyler Olson, Brittany De Lea, Sally Persons and Kristina Biddle contributed to this report.

Brooke Singman is a Politics Reporter for Fox News. Follow her on Twitter at @BrookeSingman.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Eviljoe on OUR 2nd Ammend, NO ammendment is absolute.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 11:00:01 AM »
Heard that. Further proof that Joey has slipped further into his delusional tyranny mindset.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 11:08:59 AM »
"Shall not be infringed" sounds pretty absolute to me.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 12:25:47 PM »
Is where I live.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 07:09:30 PM »
Someone should ask our dick tater if knives, bombs, slingshots, axes, hammers, baseball bats, bows and arrows, spears, pitbulls, pet cougars, ropes, chains, etc., etc. should also have serial numbers.
Swingem

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 09:47:06 PM »
Someone should ask our dick tater if knives, bombs, slingshots, axes, hammers, baseball bats, bows and arrows, spears, pitbulls, pet cougars, ropes, chains, etc., etc. should also have serial numbers.

You left out skateboards... The BLM weapon of choice these days.

Remember when the BLM we hated was the bureau of land management?  Now they're only annoying in comparison...

Tony

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 03:18:51 AM »
thing is he doesnt care if its right or even legal and sure doesnt care about our opinion. I was on cnn this morning and there pole said 66 percent of americans are against those gun legislations and the same ammount are against the slavery reperation there pushing through the senate right now. Those democrats in power dont care about even there own voters opinions. They have the power and will do what they want not the citizens of this country. Its nothing short of a take over of our country. Either you stand up and tell it like it is in public and even on these fourms or we loose. theres no inbetweener no neutrality. Your either on our side and stand up and make a stand or your worse then the liberals you allow to spout there bs. 
blue lives matter

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 03:33:54 AM »
Pedophile Joe either doesn't understand the English language or is a tyrant. A right by definition is something that is absolute and cannot be taken away, otherwise it's known as a privilege. Our rights don't come from man or government, they come from God.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 03:53:05 AM »
Pedophile Joe either doesn't understand the English language or is a tyrant. A right by definition is something that is absolute and cannot be taken away, otherwise it's known as a privilege. Our rights don't come from man or government, they come from God.
^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

Plus: The tree of liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots.
       Thomas Jefferson
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 04:02:53 AM »
I think everyone needs to calm down, and do a little soul searching. Decide for yourself, what your gonna do, and what you ain't gonna do. Decide what your willin to put up with, and what you ain't gonna put up with.
And, what your willin to give up, and what you ain't gonna give up.

The next issue is, how dedicated to those decisions are you.

The government is gonna do, what it's gonna do. The question everyone should be asking themselves is: what am "I" gonna do.
Ain't nobody gonna come in and save your rights, and freedoms. Its gonna all be on you.

I personally set limits on such issues long ago.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 04:19:56 AM »
I like to read the words of Major General John Stark of New Hampshire, who gave us our state motto "Live Free or Die". He wrote this in a letter to the veterans of the Battle of Bennington in 1809. They were having a reunion and he was unable to attend due to failing health:

“They were men that had not learned the art of submission, nor had they been trained to the art of war. But our astonishing success taught the enemies of liberty that undisciplined freemen are superior to veteran slaves.” As an afterword to the letter, Stark included a brief passage to be read as a toast to the veterans: “Live free or die. Death is not the greatest of evils."
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 04:25:54 AM »
And I agree.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2021, 05:39:24 AM »
I like to read the words of Major General John Stark of New Hampshire, who gave us our state motto "Live Free or Die". He wrote this in a letter to the veterans of the Battle of Bennington in 1809. They were having a reunion and he was unable to attend due to failing health:

“They were men that had not learned the art of submission, nor had they been trained to the art of war. But our astonishing success taught the enemies of liberty that undisciplined freemen are superior to veteran slaves.” As an afterword to the letter, Stark included a brief passage to be read as a toast to the veterans: “Live free or die. Death is not the greatest of evils."
^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye