Author Topic: Minnesota icons want to repeal CCW law  (Read 676 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
Minnesota icons want to repeal CCW law
« on: March 05, 2004, 02:31:29 AM »
Former Vice-President Walter Mondale and Former Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson Co-chair Bipartisan Campaign to Repeal Conceal-Carry Handgun Law
Thursday March 4, 2:22 pm ET  
'Repeal Conceal'

ST. PAUL, Minn., March 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Two icons of Minnesota politics have teamed up to announce the formation of a campaign to repeal the conceal and carry gun bill that was passed by Minnesota's legislature during the 2003 legislative session.

State Rep. Nora Slawik (DFL-Maplewood) who is chief author of the bill to repeal the conceal/carry law said: "I'm honored, today, to join in announcing and celebrating the formation of the Campaign to Repeal Conceal and Carry, a bipartisan effort led by two of Minnesota's greatest political minds."

"Democrats and Republicans don't always agree. But we can easily agree that adding more loaded, concealed handguns to our communities will not make us safer," Slawik added.

"I agreed to join with the Vice President on this effort because conceal and carry is a poor law and a step backward for our state," said Governor Arne Carlson.

Former Minnesota Attorney General Warren Spannaus read a statement on behalf of his friend Walter Mondale who was traveling Thursday. "By arriving at a point of such mutual distrust that we have chosen to become armed camps, we contribute to the weakening of the social contract, and begin the unraveling of the idea of a civil and caring society."

Democrats and Republicans, clergy and businesspeople, politicians and citizens have all come together to reclaim Minnesota's legacy as a forward- thinking people.

The campaign steering committee includes such Minnesota leaders as Win Wallin, Judi Dutcher, Senator Ed Oliver, Bishop Richard Pates, Rabbi Marcia Zimmerman and Sally Pillsbury.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline BamBams

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 03:42:45 AM »
I love it when Liberals lose the little "propaganda wars" they start.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 11:23:03 AM »
That from MN that does not supprise me at all.  :evil: If Kalifornia has the reputation of the land of fruits and nuts MN should be the land of  Frostbitten brains and fruitcakes!! I doubt if theycan do anything while they have a Rep Gov  in office, but just wait if they get a other liberal in. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 12:11:11 PM »
Quote from: jh45gun
If Kalifornia has the reputation of the land of fruits and nuts MN should be the land of  Frostbitten brains and fruitcakes!!
Dali Llama say he have to remember that excellent analogy. :-D  :grin:  :)
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk