Author Topic: Kel-tec 9-32 and CCW  (Read 530 times)

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Kel-tec 9-32 and CCW
« on: March 05, 2004, 03:33:21 AM »
Last sat. I had to requalify to renew my CCW and there were about 15 people on the range doing so some for their first permit, well I have only been carring and shooting a handgun for a little over 40 years so I had top look around to see what everyone was shooting and to see how they were doing with their handguns, the gun that outshot all the handguns on the range both as to accurate and reliable was a kel-tec and the woman who was shooting it just loved it out of all of her other guns, the guns that failed the most were the S&W brands all auto were being shot, and one of the S&Ws that failed was one of mine a vintage model 39 that had a mt casing stick in the barrel, never done it before and hasnt done it since I brought it home and removed the brass, but it wont ever be my main carry gun again as I didnt like that, finished the course with the S&W 6906 I carry most of the time without a hitch, back to the kel-tec p32 I was impressed with the way the handgun and the lady both performed, I have the p-11 and carry it alot but I cant shoot it like she did her p-32. :-D  :D    JIM

Offline Bikenut

• Avid Poster
Kel-tec 9-32 and CCW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 11:53:17 AM »
I have a KEL-TEC P32. My experience with this gun is that it is an "instinctive" shooter. Just point and shoot by "instinct" without regard to the almost non existant sights. Accuracy of my P32 just pointing and shooting is better than my P11..... using either the sights or just pointing and shooting. Plainly put my P32 outshoots my P11 but both can shoot well within center of mass.......... however, I prefer the 9mm P11 over the .32 P32 simply because of the power of the larger caliber. The little P32 is sometimes my back up gun but never my primary carry gun.
The longer I live, the older I get.
Neither has anything to do with wisdom.

Offline stolivar

• Avid Poster
keltec
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 03:06:46 PM »
shoot an taurus pt 111 millennium and you will never go back to the kel-tec... light 5 lpn trigger.... love mine

steve :D

Offline kimber45fan

Kel-tec 9-32 and CCW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 09:02:34 AM »
:D Hello
I was the range master at the range jhm was firing on. I spoke to the lady afterward about her choice of carry. She said the P32 never failed to fire, it never bit her when she shot it,and she felt confident that in a pinch it would not fail her. As a concealed carry instructor for the last 9 years, having trained and qualified numerous person 21-80 I can say that confidence in your handgun is very important.
Not to be argumentative, the last 3 millineums(Taurus 9mm) that were fired on my range were clearly not in the same league as the 5lb trigger pull one..Course of the Taurus pistols I have had experience with in the last 5-6 yrs, I see enough lockups, key lock safety malfunctions,flying sights..I DON'T believe I want one....Just my honest opinion....Eddie

Offline stolivar

• Avid Poster
taurus
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 03:49:12 PM »
I have seen just the opposite from the kel-tecs... most people I know have had to send them back to get fixed... once they are back they have had no more problems... Most people I know that carry a pt-111 have never had a problem with them....

steve