Author Topic: Derek Chauvin Verdict  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Derek Chauvin Verdict
« on: April 23, 2021, 11:16:20 AM »
Yeah I know the subject line might make ya think this belongs in the political forum, but trust me it doesn't. Nope this really isn't about Derek or the verdict.

I guess you might say it's more about censorship or maybe it's just about the state of mind of the current owners of my old site I poured so many years of blood, sweat and tears into.

What this is really more about tho is me working up to the wording for my resignation at the go2gbo site. I will be submitting it both via e-mail to the site owners and posting it to the site once I get the proper wording worked out.

I'm not going to go into my reasons for resigning here, at least not at this time. But yes the quote below does figure into it.

So what is the quote below you ask, glad you asked.

It is the e-mail I got from a representative of the Canadian owners of the old GBO.

Good Evening,

I wanted to send out this email in light of the verdict of Derek Chauvin. This has been a topic talked amongst us around the world and of course in our forums. I wanted to make sure that we are looking into the offtopic sections to ensure there are no hate/toxic speech posts within our communities.

Please take the chance to look into your site to make sure there are no toxic/hate posts within the offtopic section. We want to ensure that the community members are engaged but we also want to take a stand on a no tolerance towards toxic/hate speech conversations within our sites.

I appreciate all your help, thank you,

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Derek Chauvin Verdict
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 11:32:13 AM »
Humm, they are starting to sound like Face Book.

Offline northwoodneil

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 11:37:35 AM »
It must be hard to watch something you worked so hard on become just another website. :(
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

― John Wayne "The Shootist"

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 12:52:21 PM »
Lots of censorship going on among
the traditionally conservative sites.
I've received a couple of reprimands
from other sites I belong to.
No profanity or personal attacks or
the like.  If I were to cut through the
BS they gave me, it would have said
we're afraid that someone might take
offense at your conservative opinion
you offered up
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 01:13:42 PM »
It must be hard to watch something you worked so hard on become just another website. :(

Yes it is but I've made my peace with it. I've posted my farewell to the members there and let them know that as of May 1 I will no longer serve as admin there. I'm still working on my resignation letter to Vertical Scope.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DDZ

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 01:27:36 PM »
So if someone voices a different opinion, like how the threat of riots controlled the verdict. then its considered hate speech.  We will eventually become censored like people in North Korea are.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 03:53:07 PM »
So if someone voices a different opinion, like how the threat of riots controlled the verdict. then its considered hate speech.  We will eventually become censored like people in North Korea are.

It's not that far away as things
are now
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 05:01:56 PM »
It makes me sad that the old site has owners who buy into the groupthink mentality. "Hate speech" is nothing but code for speech that goes against leftist dogma.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 05:15:51 PM »
Not much on the "news " here except
how racist all the the white folks are
and how all the white people are
racist deep down inside and how
nothing will ever change that and
it's a fact and can't be disputed
so on and so on etc. etc. etc.
Saint George documentary earlier
about the gentle giant and how
saintly and generous and thoughtful
and fatherly and righteous and
innocent he was, and how evil
the murderer was etc. etc.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 05:17:36 PM »
IDK but isn't murder when you
mean to take someone's life
intentionally and on purpose?
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline DDZ

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2021, 01:40:46 AM »
"Hate speech" is nothing but code for speech that goes against leftist dogma.

Exactly!
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Capt Danger

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 03:14:03 AM »
Hate speech is deserved at some point. It's called the truth. It may hurt some feelings but if you hate lies and say so then you will be accused of hate speech.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 03:27:07 AM »
  ..And the Biden "justice" department will likely launch more charges against Chauvin !

https://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/doj-may-bring-charges-against-derek-chauvin-related-to-2017-incident/MA2HQ63EGZBDPBUN5RHK3XELRU/

Put a fork in him...he's all done !  Only question left.. Will the government commit murder.. by placing Chauvin in general population?

Nothing will surprise me when commies or the Godless get on a tear !  Look at the French revolution, for instance.

It started out mild..but soon degraded into daily head loppings !
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2021, 09:39:36 AM »
Minnesota prisons are not real hard core. He will be put in either protective custody or in a minimum security prison.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2021, 10:24:43 AM »
Minnesota prisons are not real hard core. He will be put in either protective custody or in a minimum security prison.

He doesent deserve to be there anyway. Floyd was a known violent criminal. Pimp, drug dealer, woman abuser.
Not everyone thinks he is such a martyr. Real nice saint figure for the far left. NOT.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2021, 02:09:13 PM »
I believe I could have already composed one if it were me. It would consist of on five word sentence and a two word one, the last one being "I resign". Everyone should be able to figure out the first as it isn't postable. I'm not very diplomatic though and don't see any point in beating around the bush or mincing words.

Thumbs up to you, GB.

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 03:55:32 PM »
Humm, they are starting to sound like Face Book.

YES IT DOES. I jokingly as a WINCHESTER advertiser to send me some 22 mag ammo. My post violated their community standards. Meanwhile, River City Firearms in LOU puts ads showing guns and prices NOT allowed by anygun club, mine included. I still have about 2 weeks of ban time. I'd l ove to see FB go bankrupt. THEY HAVE NO REAL STANDARDS., at least no Christyian or American standards. I hate to see BILL go, we've been friends for many years. I hate to think what will take BILLS place. I'm getting shajy again and hard to see to type. CHARLIE.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2021, 04:38:54 PM »
That's OK Charlie, I'm not quitting here just at the go2gbo site which you don't use anymore anyway.

Tonight Matt came over and submitting my invoices to them for March and April. I don't honestly expect to get paid but I didn't want to submit my resignation until those invoices were submitted just in case they pay me.

I fully expect to lose my graybeard@go2gbo.com e-mail address and it's the one I use most but so be it.

I will be diplomatic in my resignation, it won't be long, and it will go to them either tonight or tomorrow.

I have no idea what if anything they will do about replacing me there.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline ironglows

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 01:24:26 AM »
   Frankly, I won't miss it, since I don't go there anymore..
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 01:51:58 AM »
I still visit and it has turned into a a political left vs right slugfest. I blocked every damned liberal there as I can’t stand them or there twisted opinions. The only thing active left is the classifieds and not much going on there either. About done also...

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2021, 03:30:31 AM »
I hope to stay at the old site long enough to bring some of the old timers over here.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline ironglows

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2021, 02:51:05 AM »
  It looks like the few lefties we had on the old site, have refrained from venturing here, am I correct?

I do miss some of them, such as Guzzi, with whom I usually disagreed, but still had some interesting and polite conversations.

It also appears the cultists have not come along in the religious discussion either.  ..But I didn't expect them to stay after they could gather no converts.  ...But they seemed to drift in and out of the forum anyway.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2021, 11:17:40 AM »
As far as I’m concerned guzzi sucks spawn of Oreo cookies... I miss him less than my second morning crap... ymmv.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2021, 01:11:37 PM »
Well Bill, I seem to just follow you from site to site. I've not tried any other sites and joined your original site, only to end up right back where I started.
I'm pretty happy with what you and Matt have here, so I ain't looking for another place  to go.
Well done,
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline DDZ

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2021, 09:07:22 AM »
From some of the comments I have seen from Guzzi on the other site. He is not the same Guzzi that commented here years ago. He always had left leaning comments, Now he is a full blown radical leftist. 

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2021, 10:00:22 AM »
Officer Chauvin really received the crappy end of the stick. Another victim in this corrupt political environment. Makes me sick...

Offline ironglows

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2021, 10:42:16 AM »
  Tough break Bill, with your original "baby", but now you can better concentrate on this site.

Darn "bean counters"!   Think they can just jump into a subject(s) they know zilch about, and operate successfully. 
     Apparently the new owners are Canadian, and they likely didn't realize the importance Americans, particularly hunting, shooting, gun owning Americans..place upon FREE speech!

Long ago, Canadians, at least on radio..swapped FREE speech for FAIR speech!  There is a huge difference!!!

If speech is not FREE, but only FAIR...  THere is the galling abrasion....If FAIR speech rules, then just who in ... %*^$ .... decides what constitutes FAIR speech ?

If they intend to remain an American hunting/shooting site... they may as well close their doors NOW !

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2021, 02:06:10 PM »
I am more than tired of the false narrative and political hog wash where a criminal is edified and everyone else fawns over said pos at the expense of truth and liberty...

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2021, 02:15:39 PM »
It appeared to me Chauvin did wrong. But also his trial was a sham

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 02:59:31 PM »
Sorry I don’t watch main stream news...