Author Topic: Sorry guys..  (Read 1039 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Sorry guys..
« on: May 04, 2021, 03:59:28 AM »
  A I am having a melancholy day today..  On May 21, it will be 4 years since my one and only sweetheart went home. Today would have been her birthday..
  I post the following song as a tribute, primarily because the song so closely parallels our meeting and our life together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJoCiP2CauQ
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
Re: Sorry guys..
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 07:11:51 AM »
My heart goes out for both you fellers. And i don't mean any disrespect.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 07:23:30 AM »
Single life at our age can be difficult.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 07:51:32 AM »
  Thanks guys, it really does help, when friends offer understanding.  ...And TM, my heart goes out to you..hard enough to lose a wife to illness, but murder would seem so hard to comprehend. ..And yes, the plandemic didn't help.

Guys, isn't it something... when we discover that each of us are carrying some kind of pain..some several
 sources of pain.  Maybe we can be more kind whenever the chance should arise.

Meanwhile, thanks for some understanding..
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 10:14:13 AM »
My heart goes out to both of you guys. I hope you are able to find peace under tough circumstances. Just know that both of you were very lucky to find someone that you loved that much in the first place. I know that doesn't ease the pain but it's a gift to find a life partner because most people don't find that in life. Sure, some people get married and have relationships but very few of those people are truly happy in what they have unfortunately.  Then there's a lot of people who don't find anyone at all. I myself was in a miserable 19 year marriage that I stayed in for my kid's sake. I've had two long term relationships since my divorce, one failed because of long distance (neither of us were willing to move) and the relationship I'm in now has been on shaky ground for the past year and a half so just know that what you both got to experience was a great thing and rare these days, I haven't found it yet and it's doubtful I ever will.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline ironglows

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 12:41:34 PM »
  I do hope you will find "the one".. DB !

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 01:19:47 PM »
Thanks IG, I'll keep looking. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack but I'm blessed to live with my 18 year old son helping him get through college and getting him started in life so I can't complain.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 11:23:49 PM »
sucks!! Wish there were words to make it easier
blue lives matter

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 12:03:25 AM »
Does make it easier for us mortals to understand the depth of your soul's pain, upon which we can only reflect and offer support and encouragement. That you have not "gone Postal" is a testament to the strength of your character. My hunting partner for 30-years, a widower of failing health, took his own life. It is still difficult for me to comprehend. A new life awaits yet this one at times is so beautiful...

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 02:04:40 AM »
DB73....

I can only say my marriage was so wonderful, so special and meant to be that it had to be created by God. Why it was destroyed and my wife taken I can never understand. 
.TM7

That's beautiful that you got to experience that, at least for a time but it makes no sense as to why she's gone. The good news is you will be together again someday.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 04:19:27 AM »
My heart goes out to both of you. Losing a loved one, especially a spouse is hard to endure.  Until the day its reviled, we will not know the the whys of God's actions.  Life is full of sorrow, disappointments, and grief.  Life's plans are so quickly and easily dashed by illness and death. In the blink of an eye your life and the plans you have for it can end or change instantly.  Bad things do happen to good people.
 Until the day God, wipes every tear from our eyes. Where there will be no more death, mourning, crying, or pain. We, left on earth until our time, has to endure sorrow.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 04:31:47 AM »
IG I feel your hurt Been 3 years and 5 months since my wife of almost 63 years passed, between our dating period and marriage we had 65 wonderful years together. we were one flesh. My wife told me to remarry but where do you find a good one, no one could replace her and most I find have more excess baggage than I care to deal with. They say time is a great healer but whoever coined that phrase did not know what he or she was talking about. Willie nelson has out a great song, (You never get over it but you get through it). That song you posted fits me to a tee as My future wife had just turned 16 and I was 19 just returned from a year in Korea and she walked up and said Hi what are you doing five words that turned into a 65 year love affair. Where does time go?

Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2021, 10:56:34 PM »
63 years! WOW. thats rare today. My parents just did there 67th. Truth be told i think when one dies the other will give up. That long together they would be lost without each other. You must have gotten married about the same time they did.
IG I feel your hurt Been 3 years and 5 months since my wife of almost 63 years passed, between our dating period and marriage we had 65 wonderful years together. we were one flesh. My wife told me to remarry but where do you find a good one, no one could replace her and most I find have more excess baggage than I care to deal with. They say time is a great healer but whoever coined that phrase did not know what he or she was talking about. Willie nelson has out a great song, (You never get over it but you get through it). That song you posted fits me to a tee as My future wife had just turned 16 and I was 19 just returned from a year in Korea and she walked up and said Hi what are you doing five words that turned into a 65 year love affair. Where does time go?

Deaconllb
blue lives matter