Author Topic: Jesse James Keitel: A "Nonbinary They"?  (Read 668 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Jesse James Keitel: A "Nonbinary They"?
« on: May 04, 2021, 04:50:50 PM »
My wife and her sister are hooked on the TV series Big Sky.
Me? Not so much.
But! I got curious about the odd looking tranny in the show as to its real gender.

Well, turns out it is a "they"?

Yeah, I know. WEIRD!

Well anyway, after looking I learned that it is actually  a "they". They has a long time boyfriend, but I was never able to figure out biologically if it was male, or female.
IT is "Nonbinary" what ever tha hell that is.

You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Jesse James Keitel: A "Nonbinary They"?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 04:24:59 AM »
I had to look this up and to my surprise found it is based on a novel by C J Box. He's one of my favorite authors and I have read the book this is based on. It appears to me the "they" character is something inserted to fit today's agenda for pushing deviant behavior into every thing as I can not remember a "they" character in the novel although I'll confess to being somewhat forgetful. I going to give it a look and just ignore the "they" thing. Box has an on running series of novels in which the central character is Joe Pickett, a game warden, and everyone has been an excellent read. In fact everything he has written that I have read has been excellent.

Offline Dee

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 04:40:45 AM »
Well, I got on duckduckgo this morning which is a little more informative than Google, it seems that MR Keitel was very active on the drag circuit before landing the acting gig, and still relies on it between acting gigs.
What a messed up world.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline orerancher

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 05:29:10 AM »
I had to look this up and to my surprise found it is based on a novel by C J Box. He's one of my favorite authors and I have read the book this is based on. It appears the "they" character is something inserted to fit today's agenda for pushing deviant behavior into every thing as I can not remember a "they" character in the novel although I'll confess to being somewhat forgetful. I going to give it a look and just ignore the "they" thing. Box has an on running series of novels in which the central character is Joe Pickett, a game warden and everyone has been an excellent read. In fact everything he has written that I have read has been excellent.

+1 The Joe Pickett Books are Great!

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 04:27:16 AM »
Up until the start of this thread I had no inkling there was an actor named Keitel. No name or face recognition at all. We watched a few episodes on Hulu last night and I knew when the prostitute showed up in the beginning of the pilot episode who was going to be playing the part. It's just another of what I call a modern western crime drama that seems to borrow slightly from the novel it's based on. My wife liked it. I took a nap after two episodes. Even Kathryn Winnick as the lead couldn't keep my eyes open.

"Longmier" was another modern western series and was based on Craig Johnson's novels. Very loosely I might add but I liked it and having never read any of the books I had no idea of how the series differed from the novels. Quite a bit in the choice of actor for the Victoria character but Robert Taylor was a perfect choice for Longmier. I have read most of Craig Johnson's books now and he is right up there with C J Box when it comes to telling an interesting tale. I did not take a nap when watching Longmier.

On another note "Yellowstone" is better than either of the above IMO. The new season should be out soon.