Author Topic: how was it done  (Read 7842 times)

Offline locust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: how was it done
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2021, 05:28:29 PM »
  He's not "pushing my buttons"..I am only toying with him.  He is only demonstrating his ignorance, exhibited by his lack of knowledge concerning historical truths.

Somehow, he didn't believe that the Romans could forge a claw hammer.  Shoot..any journeyman smith can punch a passable one out in 1/2 an hour.  What ever made him think the Romans couldn't do it ?

I saw those crucifixion graffiti photos years ago..perhaps he should have researched before he stated spouting !
apparently the claw hammer was invented in 1840, David Maydole is accredited with it  .

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2021, 05:45:29 PM »
  He's not "pushing my buttons"..I am only toying with him.  He is only demonstrating his ignorance, exhibited by his lack of knowledge concerning historical truths.

Somehow, he didn't believe that the Romans could forge a claw hammer.  Shoot..any journeyman smith can punch a passable one out in 1/2 an hour.  What ever made him think the Romans couldn't do it ?

I saw those crucifixion graffiti photos years ago..perhaps he should have researched before he stated spouting !
if i am so ignorant and you so wise why is it you can not explain how it is Jesus was removed  from the implement of his death. you really have on idea how difficult it would be . even a standing pole would come with its problems  ,though easier than a cross.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2021, 12:16:16 AM »

if i am so ignorant and you so wise why is it you can not explain how it is Jesus was removed  from the implement of his death. you really have on idea how difficult it would be . even a standing pole would come with its problems  ,though easier than a cross.

Did you check those links I offered?   Of course not...you're not allowed to study anything not censored by the Watchtower !

So, let's lighten up a bit..how about a joke?  Here you go;

If you cross a Jehovah's Witness with a Unitarian, what do you get?

.....Easy...... You get somebody that goes around knocking on doors for no apparent reason !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2021, 12:34:17 AM »
  Locust...whoever told you that raising a man on a cross would be difficult, was handing you a line of crap!

They do it often in the Phillipines, every Easter season.  No, their theology is no more accurate than your own, but they still do it.

Here..see for yourself..if your handlers will allow you to see it ! 

You can even skip right to the 2 minute mark, if you are in a hurry to see the actual raising.  ...And they did it quite easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai21Dqm5jZI

So, if they lied to you about this, what else have they lied about?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2021, 03:20:17 AM »
  Locust...whoever told you that raising a man on a cross would be difficult, was handing you a line of crap!

They do it often in the Phillipines, every Easter season.  No, their theology is no more accurate than your own, but they still do it.

Here..see for yourself..if your handlers will allow you to see it ! 

You can even skip right to the 2 minute mark, if you are in a hurry to see the actual raising.  ...And they did it quite easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai21Dqm5jZI

So, if they lied to you about this, what else have they lied about?
nothing more than a stunt 

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2021, 03:22:01 AM »
  Locust...paging Locust !  Did you see how easily a few Filipinos  lifted that man-on-cross up ?

In case you missed it...here's another.  There are regular performances like this every Easter season in the Philippines.. Many guys being "crucified".

I didn't say they crucified him to death.  Stunt or no stunt, doesn't matter...they actually nailed the guy to a cross, and lifted him up!

Fact is, with you trying to pass it off as a stunt...shows how closed minded you are !

They even got a Japanese guy to volunteer !  I guess it is like the "running of the bulls in Spain", foreign guys drawn into it ! 

They whip themselves (flagellents) to simulate Jesus' sufferings.

their theology is faulty, since Jesus already paid the price, and thus, their efforts are wasted.

Raising a cross by hand is no big deal !    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phI6gAfcSD0

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2021, 05:03:39 AM »
The JWs are kinda like democrats, lining up anxious to get into hell.
All to enrich the mucky mucks at the head of their "church."
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2021, 05:18:31 AM »
The JWs apparently don't believe in hell, and apparently they don't believe in the Bible.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/hell-bible-verses/

And, a pole with a crossbeam and a man nailed to it would be nothing compared to the tall heavy poles that Lloyd told us about.

I was watching a house flipping show with my wife and they were putting up heavy crossbeams so the could take down supporting walls and open up the house.
FOUR men on ladders put them up with no problem.  Each one would weigh more than a crucifixion pole.

I wonder what locust does for a living.  He certainly doesn't work with his hands except for knocking on doors seeking whom he may devour.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2021, 07:16:38 AM »
and how many men did it take to get Jesus down and off the cross?? 10 to 15 like it was done in the stunt ?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2021, 02:36:33 PM »
and how many men did it take to get Jesus down and off the cross?? 10 to 15 like it was done in the stunt ?
Well duh, there was roman soldiers all over the place.
An old roman sarge could have yelled, ABOUT 15 OF YOU BOYS GET OVER HERE AND TAKE THIS CROSS DOWN, and they would have done it. :)

Besides, what difference does it make whether it was 10 or 100??
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2021, 03:09:43 PM »
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2021, 12:21:04 AM »
  He said the Romans didn't have claw hammers..   I showed him museum proof different...even though somebody with just a rudimentary knowledge of the subject, would have known long ago.

He claimed that it would be impossible to raise a cross with a man nailed to it !  I showed him video proof by video how it is done.  These crucifixions are carried out each Easter season in the Philippines....., it is COMMON knowledge.

So, unless he has some honest and relevant questions, there is no need to go further..

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2021, 07:38:25 AM »
there is no need to go further..
Yep, The JWs prey on the simple who can't understand anything beyond their brainwashing.
So I'm out. :)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2021, 07:55:42 AM »
This should not even be in question.  Just Google and look up how the Romans crucified people.  Jesus probably just carried the cross beam that his arms would be attached to.  The pole was probably already set in the ground.  The crossbeam would be like about a 6' 4"x4" post, thus the "cross".  Easy enough for a healthy man to carry, but Jesus was beaten before crucifixion and was weak from pain, lack of sleep, and blood loss, thus needing someone to carry is cross. 

Romans used two types of crucifixion, on nailing, and one using ropes to tie them the beam and pole.  Using ropes caused a very slow death, usually after being beaten, with no food, water, and they were bleeding from being beaten, and took a few days to a week to die.  Using nails for the hands and feet as well as the ropes, was more painful, but the person usually bled out within a day, like Jesus. 

Jesus was not nailed to a tree, but to a cross or crossbeam on a pole.  The crossbeam was usually attached to a large pole with a large wooden pin, so the dead person could easily be removed for the next person using another crossbeam. 

Facts are facts, and we have a lot of Roman written history. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Dee

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2021, 08:46:43 AM »
Trolls fish. Some better than others. Locust kept some on the hook for a pretty good time.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2021, 08:53:21 AM »
Trolls fish. Some better than others. Locust kept some on the hook for a pretty good time.
LOL, but it's so much fun to call him names and insult him. :)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2021, 08:56:23 AM »

He's likely having more fun than the ones he hooks. ;D

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2021, 11:05:03 AM »
i see that you agree with me that a cross bar on the poll would give a mechanical advantage to those that were tasked with standing the implement of Jesus' and the 2 others death   . how ever just because there could be a cross bar on the pole does not mean the arms were stretched out and attached as its commonly  excepted. the cross bar would only be a aid for lifting and then when the pole had reached the height that a 2 men could reach then push sticks would be used until the pole was erect   . likely something that 5 men could do.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2021, 11:11:10 AM »
This should not even be in question.  Just Google and look up how the Romans crucified people.  Jesus probably just carried the cross beam that his arms would be attached to.  The pole was probably already set in the ground.  The crossbeam would be like about a 6' 4"x4" post, thus the "cross".  Easy enough for a healthy man to carry, but Jesus was beaten before crucifixion and was weak from pain, lack of sleep, and blood loss, thus needing someone to carry is cross. 

Romans used two types of crucifixion, on nailing, and one using ropes to tie them the beam and pole.  Using ropes caused a very slow death, usually after being beaten, with no food, water, and they were bleeding from being beaten, and took a few days to a week to die.  Using nails for the hands and feet as well as the ropes, was more painful, but the person usually bled out within a day, like Jesus. 

Jesus was not nailed to a tree, but to a cross or crossbeam on a pole.  The crossbeam was usually attached to a large pole with a large wooden pin, so the dead person could easily be removed for the next person using another crossbeam. 

I'd say you have a problem

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2021, 12:43:30 PM »

I'd say you showed us something chiseled out, perhaps in 1200 to 1400 AD..

...And no, Dee..we are not being trolled!   We are only trying to prevent the unsaved or the novice, from being tricked into taking up with a dead-end cult !

Offline Dee

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2021, 12:57:25 PM »

I'd say you showed us some chiseled out, perhaps in 1200 to 1400 AD..

...And no, Dee..we are not being trolled!   We are only trying to prevent the unsaved or the novice, from being tricked into taking up with a dead-end cult !

LMAO! Show me a post on this thread where he has mentioned ANY "cult".

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2021, 01:10:04 PM »

I'm in it for fun, he was probably told that he couldn't get to heaven without aggravating some Christians. :)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2021, 01:29:07 PM »

I'm in it for fun, he was probably told that he couldn't get to heaven without aggravating some Christians. :)

LOL, Well Bugeye with all due respect, I'll bet he's havin more fun than ya'll are. Hes "invented" a ridiculous unprovable topic, and is leading some around by the nose.
I'm kinda enjoying watching it myself.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2021, 01:47:15 PM »

He doesn't have to..the "torture stake trick is a practiced part of their opening dialogue. 

On the other hand, have you see anywhere he had denied the JWs? ..Bet you won't hear him/her tell us what a pernicious cult it is, either.

Offline Dee

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2021, 01:59:41 PM »

He doesn't have to..the "torture stake trick is a practiced part of their opening dialogue. 

On the other hand, have you see anywhere he had denied the JWs? ..Bet you won't hear him/her tell us what a pernicious cult it is, either.

LOL,
He ain't talked about anything but the Cross. But he has you going.

;D He "hooked you" usin pitifully weak bait, but you took it, and then you invented he must be JW to excuse your gullibility.

Reel him in locust, hes hyperventilating!

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2021, 02:49:28 PM »

actually dated to The Hellenistic Period –  400–150 BC I

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2021, 03:52:21 PM »

actually many bibles do say Jesus was nailed to a tree . likely with all the branches removed .we would likely call it a pole . as for how long would it take to die could very but death would come faster when the legs were broken. you may recall  some men were sent to break the legs of Jesus but they did not break his legs because he was all ready dead

Offline Dee

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2021, 04:00:50 PM »

actually many bibles do say Jesus was nailed to a tree . likely with all the branches removed .we would likely call it a pole . as for how long would it take to die could very but death would come faster when the legs were broken. you may recall  some men were sent to break the legs of Jesus but they did not break his legs because he was all ready dead

True. He likely suffocated. Had He not already died they would have broken his legs so that his arms supported His entire weight.
That makes it harder to breathe. It was a common practice to speed things along, and could be considered humane in some ways.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2021, 12:11:58 AM »

True. He likely suffocated. Had He not already died they would have broken his legs so that his arms supported His entire weight.
That makes it harder to breathe. It was a common practice to speed things along, and could be considered humane in some ways.

Hey Dee, thanks for joining into help out !  I see he trolled you too !  Come on in, the water's fine...   ;)  ;D

....... Now perhaps, Locust can speak to us on the resurrection..

Or how about"....    "the word was with God and the word was God..."   (John 1:1b) 

Then 

"And the word became flesh, and dwelt among us"   (John 1:14a)

Offline Dee

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2021, 02:23:42 AM »
No, he made a remark that was both truthful, and Biblical concerning Christ on the  Cross, and I agreed.

The goofy stuff I'll leave to you. ;)