Author Topic: how was it done  (Read 7837 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: how was it done
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2021, 03:44:10 AM »
No, he made a remark that was both truthful, and Biblical concerning Christ on the  Cross, and I agreed.

The goofy stuff I'll leave to you. ;)

I didn't see it as necessarily truthful or biblical, what he offered was some conjecture, probably based upon the Watchtower, since he is not allowed to read anything else.. ;D

So far as your idea of a cross that weighs 300 pounds..um..possible, though not likely. A friend and I a few years ago for a church display, built a life size cross of 2X6 timbers.  As I recall There was a 10' upright , crossed by a 7' cross piece.

That is slightly more than the weight of 2 @.... 2"X6"X8'  pieces.  Most adults can lift a couple 2X6X8s, relatively easily.  Certainly not 300#....and if one were to carry a 2"X6"X7'  piece, that would not be difficult...

Not unless that man were whipped, beaten and punched throughout the night, had his beard pulled out and lost considerable blood in the process.

Was his "biblical truth" in the two piece cross?  Could be, but the Bible doesn't explain that, so it can't be a "Biblical" truth.
   While I mentioned that it could  have been a 2 piece cross, it can't be proven by a "Biblical truth" to support this, one way or  the other.

Then did you notice, Locust's closure of his last post?....  What a change.... suddenly, Jesus was not nailed directly to a tree..not even as in the sculpture Locust offered as "proof".   ;)  ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Jesus was not nailed to a tree, but to a cross or crossbeam on a pole.  The crossbeam was usually attached to a large pole with a large wooden pin, so the dead person could easily be removed for the next person using another crossbeam.

Facts are facts, and we have a lot of Roman written history "
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2021, 04:13:20 AM »
LMAO!
Well, I am never disappointed with your ironglow-isms. Your slandering ole locust because he got your goat.

You don't know if hes JW your just using your "Christian righteousness" to try and  get even with him hooking you with a nonsensical topic that couldn't be proven one way or the other. Your name calling with no evidence supporting your accusations.

I've watched you for 16 years, and you have never been wrong no matter how clear the evidence to the contrary.
YOUR STILL ARGUING about the configuration of the Cross. And that he is JW.

So give everyone "your proof" that ole locust is JW, or admit he got your goat, and you want it back.

Soldiers were sent to break Christs' legs, an He was found to already be dead, which is certainly provable given scripture.

What your saying about ole locust is so far mean spirited, and baseless.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline locust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2021, 04:50:30 AM »
This should not even be in question.  Just Google and look up how the Romans crucified people.  Jesus probably just carried the cross beam that his arms would be attached to.  The pole was probably already set in the ground.  The crossbeam would be like about a 6' 4"x4" post, thus the "cross".  Easy enough for a healthy man to carry, but Jesus was beaten before crucifixion and was weak from pain, lack of sleep, and blood loss, thus needing someone to carry is cross. 

Romans used two types of crucifixion, on nailing, and one using ropes to tie them the beam and pole.  Using ropes caused a very slow death, usually after being beaten, with no food, water, and they were bleeding from being beaten, and took a few days to a week to die.  Using nails for the hands and feet as well as the ropes, was more painful, but the person usually bled out within a day, like Jesus. 

Jesus was not nailed to a tree, but to a cross or crossbeam on a pole.  The crossbeam was usually attached to a large pole with a large wooden pin, so the dead person could easily be removed for the next person using another crossbeam. 

Facts are facts, and we have a lot of Roman written history.
actually many bibles do say Jesus was nailed to a tree . likely with all the branches removed .we would likely call it a pole . as for how long would it take to die could very but death would come faster when the legs were broken. you may recall  some men were sent to break the legs of Jesus but they did not break his legs because he was all ready dead

True. He likely suffocated. Had He not already died they would have broken his legs so that his arms supported His entire weight.
That makes it harder to breathe. It was a common practice to speed things along, and could be considered humane in some ways.

Hey Dee, thanks for joining into help out !  I see he trolled you too !  Come on in, the water's fine...   ;)  ;D

....... Now perhaps, Locust can speak to us on the resurrection..

Or how about"....    "the word was with God and the word was God..."   (John 1:1b) 

Then 

"And the word became flesh, and dwelt among us"   (John 1:14a)
i did not know you did not believe in the resurrection. as for god's .how many gods are mentioned in the bible ?

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2021, 05:27:54 AM »
This should not even be in question.  Just Google and look up how the Romans crucified people.  Jesus probably just carried the cross beam that his arms would be attached to.  The pole was probably already set in the ground.  The crossbeam would be like about a 6' 4"x4" post, thus the "cross".  Easy enough for a healthy man to carry, but Jesus was beaten before crucifixion and was weak from pain, lack of sleep, and blood loss, thus needing someone to carry is cross. 

Romans used two types of crucifixion, on nailing, and one using ropes to tie them the beam and pole.  Using ropes caused a very slow death, usually after being beaten, with no food, water, and they were bleeding from being beaten, and took a few days to a week to die.  Using nails for the hands and feet as well as the ropes, was more painful, but the person usually bled out within a day, like Jesus. 

Jesus was not nailed to a tree, but to a cross or crossbeam on a pole.  The crossbeam was usually attached to a large pole with a large wooden pin, so the dead person could easily be removed for the next person using another crossbeam. 

Facts are facts, and we have a lot of Roman written history.
actually many bibles do say Jesus was nailed to a tree . likely with all the branches removed .we would likely call it a pole . as for how long would it take to die could very but death would come faster when the legs were broken. you may recall  some men were sent to break the legs of Jesus but they did not break his legs because he was all ready dead

True. He likely suffocated. Had He not already died they would have broken his legs so that his arms supported His entire weight.
That makes it harder to breathe. It was a common practice to speed things along, and could be considered humane in some ways.
yes and its also known that when hung by the hands, as in over ones head, makes it even more difficult to breathe . a person hung by the hands and nailed at the feet would be able to lift himself just enough so that he could get a breath of air . the pain would likely be excruciating. so to keep a man from being able to do that the legs were broken

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2021, 08:03:17 AM »
LMAO!
Well, I am never disappointed with your ironglow-isms. Your slandering ole locust because he got your goat.

Now you've gone off the deep end.  No "slander"..just pointed out facts..but if you can  find genuine slander..show us.

You don't know if hes JW your just using your "Christian righteousness" to try and  get even with him hooking you with a nonsensical topic that couldn't be proven one way or the other. Your name calling with no evidence supporting your accusations.

That conversation was between myself and him, so why do you butt in?  Since He seems unwilling to identify, i thought a bit of bait may prompt him to come clean. What's wrong with that ?

..So, Dee..  When was the last time you were happy about anything ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2021, 08:24:20 AM »
I'm always happy. When was the last time you were wrong, or has that ever happened?

Have you apologized for accusing him of being in a cult?

As far as "butting in" this is an open discussion forum. Anything anybody puts out there is subject to rebuttal.

You really should apologize for what you've said about him belonging to a cult, just because he didn't respond the way you believe he should.
Hes said nuthin that would point to him being in a cult.
Its just slanderous for folks like you, claiming to be Christian, while accusing folks like ole locust of stuff like that,  with zero proof. There's just no way to justify such rude, unchristian like behavior like that.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2021, 11:10:10 AM »
I'm always happy. When was the last time you were wrong, or has that ever happened?

As far as "butting in" this is an open discussion forum. Anything anybody puts out there is subject to rebuttal.

You really should apologize for what you've said about him belonging to a cult, just because he didn't respond the way you believe he should.
Its just slanderous for folks like you, claiming to be Christian, while accusing folks like ole locust of stuff like that,  with zero proof. There's just no way to justify such rude, unchristian like behavior like that.
If a person refuses to identify their Church (mine is First Christian) they must know inside that it's considered a cult, and any so-called church that puts aside the Bible for a man made book, watchtower, book of morman, etc. is not Christian.
The Bible is the inspired word of GOD, and part of that word (paraphrasing) says when you run into a cult member try to steer him in the right direction, and that direction is toward JESUS.
If you refuse those orders of JESUS and ridicule a man that's trying to show the right way, then who's the Christian here??
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2021, 11:39:21 AM »

If a person refuses to identify their Church (mine is First Christian) they must know inside that it's considered a cult, and any so-called church that puts aside the Bible for a man made book, watchtower, book of morman, etc. is not Christian.
The Bible is the inspired word of GOD, and part of that word (paraphrasing) says when you run into a cult member try to steer him in the right direction, and that direction is toward JESUS.
If you refuse those orders of JESUS and ridicule a man that's trying to show the right way, then who's the Christian here??
reminds me of some thing called "drum head trials"

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2021, 12:24:10 PM »
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2021, 12:44:15 PM »

i could not help but to notice  that your church promotes bigotry. well..... at least one member does .

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2021, 01:58:24 PM »

i could not help but to notice  that your church promotes bigotry. well..... at least one member does .

Perhaps not bigotry...perhaps  just a knowledge of scripture.  So Locust, why don't you put Dee at rest, and just tell him you are no Jehovah's Witness.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2021, 02:02:51 PM »
A JW at his best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZEmliZQ6Ss

A notable surprise in that story..  When is the last time a JW identified themselves as soon as in their introductory greeting?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

A Hindu, a Rabbi, and a Jehovah's Witness are lost..

They wander across a farmstead and ask to spend the night.

"I only have room for two, so one of you will have to stay in the barn," says the Farm Owner.

The Hindu immediately volunteers, insisting it's no problem. However, a few minutes later, he knocks on the front door.

"I'm sorry, but there is a cow in the barn, and they are sacred to me."

"No problem," says the Rabbi, and he goes to the barn. Again though, he returns and knocks. "There is also a pig in there, and that is against our teachings."

"I will go then, friends," says the Jehovah's Witness, and he proceeds to the barn. A few moments later, there is a knock at the door. It's the cow and the pig.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...Guess they didn't like the sales pitch..or didn't have any money to pay for the Watchtower magazine.  ;)  ;D

Offline Dee

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2021, 02:06:26 PM »
LOL, well I don't know if locust is a JW, or a catholic for that matter.  He hasn't said.
He hasn't insulted anyone, or attacked their religion, or denomination, but he sure has been attacked, and even been
 accused of being a cult member.

Now his choice of "topic" is first class "troll material" and if that's the case it has set the hook firmly in some that were suckered in.

But troll or not, he hasn't lowered himself to attacking the gullible, as they have attacked him.
And its been fun to watch.  ;D

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2021, 05:41:42 PM »
i started this thread that i may postulate  what the Christ went through . most would just read that Jesus was hung-up and left to die with out realizing the pain the anguish, and more that he endured. he was torched, beaten  ,forced to go on knowing it was going to kill him . could you do that ?? i think not.   my self i have stood up poles as used in pole barns . i have attached cross members to poles that it may be more easily be handled by 2 men. when i had done that i had realized what attaching a cross member did in making it easer  to handle . was the Jesus nailed to the crossmember ?? no not likely , there were  are other factors ,perhaps ignored, that weighted in that are never considered  . was the pole round or square ?? most likely round ,like a tree is round . if the cross bar was added, was it square or was it round ?? most likely  it was round . what side of the post was it placed?? a dare say it was on the easiest side that would give the lifters the most advantage . prove me wrong. not likely ,you were not there   and such things are not mentioned.   

Offline Dee

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2021, 03:55:41 AM »
Well, locust your point is acknowledged, but it is, as you say unprovable in every aspect.
There are more "points to ponder" concerning Christs' crucifixion and its relevance than the shape of the Cross.

You might research things like "The Cross of St Andrew" an apostle of Christ.  And why it was shaped in such a fashion that it was and so on..

St Peter when sentenced to death, chose to be crucified upside down. Check that out. There are writings to support that, but what purpose would it serve?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2021, 07:36:01 AM »
A JW at his best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZEmliZQ6Ss

A notable surprise in that story..  When is the last time a JW identified themselves as soon as in their introductory greeting?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

A Hindu, a Rabbi, and a Jehovah's Witness are lost..

They wander across a farmstead and ask to spend the night.

"I only have room for two, so one of you will have to stay in the barn," says the Farm Owner.

The Hindu immediately volunteers, insisting it's no problem. However, a few minutes later, he knocks on the front door.

"I'm sorry, but there is a cow in the barn, and they are sacred to me."

"No problem," says the Rabbi, and he goes to the barn. Again though, he returns and knocks. "There is also a pig in there, and that is against our teachings."

"I will go then, friends," says the Jehovah's Witness, and he proceeds to the barn. A few moments later, there is a knock at the door. It's the cow and the pig.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...Guess they didn't like the sales pitch..or didn't have any money to pay for the Watchtower magazine.  ;)  ;D
;D ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2021, 08:29:49 AM »
Bugeye, back around April 11th in a thread titled "The Rapture", he disagreed "respectfully" with ironglow, but you and locust seem to agree on the issue, with locust citing scripture from the Book of Matthew.

He joined GBO around April and during that time, I haven't seen one single post indicating he was JW, and I looked at'em all.

Could I ask what caused you to decide he was, or did you assume ironglows "accusation" was correct?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2021, 01:23:44 PM »
Bugeye, back around April 11th in a thread titled "The Rapture", he disagreed "respectfully" with ironglow, but you and locust seem to agree on the issue, with locust citing scripture from the Book of Matthew.

He joined GBO around April and during that time, I haven't seen one single post indicating he was JW, and I looked at'em all.

Could I ask what caused you to decide he was, or did you assume ironglows "accusation" was correct?
Folks who are trained to do nothing but scrounge for money are usually, down deep, ashamed of what they do, but the brainwashing is just to strong.
I haven't found the word rapture in the Bible yet, but I'm no scholar.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2021, 01:40:04 PM »

Folks who are trained to do nothing but scrounge for money are usually, down deep, ashamed of what they do, but the brainwashing is just to strong.

That was my point. Locust agreed with you, and cited from the book of Matthew. I'm not all that sure about the rapture myself. Does that make all 3 of us JWs?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2021, 03:16:38 PM »

That was my point. Locust agreed with you, and cited from the book of Matthew. I'm not all that sure about the rapture myself. Does that make all 3 of us JWs?
I figure he is, and you are suspect. :)

About 30 years ago I bought a condo that happened to be in the same building as the brother of Julia Roberts.
One day a man knocked on the door and identified himself as a reporter, I asked from what news??
He said a very well known magazine, I told him to identify or hit the road, and he finally admitted it was National Inquirer.
At which point I told him where the road was.

Either you are proud of your Church or you are a cult.  That's my opinion.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2021, 04:15:47 PM »
  OK Locust...  Your pressing the "stake" error so strongly, that it prompted an assumption by myself.

So perhaps you are not a JW...  just say so, and I will render my apology..

Offline Dee

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2021, 04:31:55 PM »
  OK Locust...  Your pressing the "stake" error so strongly, that it prompted an assumption by myself.

So perhaps you are not a JW...  just say so, and I will render my apology..

Ok locust! This is your big chance to see something never before seen. The "I was wrong" sentence never before used by ironglow himself.
But be careful! It MUST meet ironglows' standards, or you will forever be condemned to being a JEHOVAH WITNESS.
Uh, whether you are, or not. :o

PROVE YOURSELF WORTHY LOCUST!

This just gets wackier by the minute. Guilty until proven innocent in Judge ironglows' kangaroo court.

Evidence? Who needs evidence? We've got OPINION!

LMAO!!!!!!

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2021, 04:39:12 PM »
  Thanks Dee; but I'll wait for Locust's answer, if it's all the same with you !

Offline Dee

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2021, 04:51:03 PM »
Doesn't matter to me. I'm watchin the most outrageous display of self-righteousnes in GBO history.

This guy is a new GBO member, and to date, hasn't said one single thing, or posted anything that could be labeled JEHOVAH WITNESS.
He just refuses to dance to your music, so you've labeled him a cultist.

Note below how Christ responded to your ilk.
Its pretty much how locust has handled you, and your accusations.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2021, 05:16:30 PM »

Thanks...but I'll  wait for Locust's answer... OK ?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2021, 10:39:02 PM »
there sure is some pot calling the kettle black here. This bs is why there shouldnt be religion section on an outdoors forum.
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2021, 11:23:46 PM »
  No sweat, Lloyd !  The discussion is now down to a point between Locust and myself. He can  either accept the assumption, and we can just go elsewhere, ignoring this thread. 

Or else he can deny being a JW, at which point I will apologize, and then we move on to other forums..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I said, Locust could get my sincere apology, simply by denying any JW association.

His refusal to comment on that concession...speaks very loud....  ;)  ;D

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2021, 07:42:28 AM »
  No sweat, Lloyd !  The discussion is now down to a point between Locust and myself. He can  either accept the assumption, and we can just go elsewhere, ignoring this thread. 

Or else he can deny being a JW, at which point I will apologize, and then we move on to other forums..
And I'll do the same. :)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2021, 09:49:15 AM »
Like I said. Absolutely zero evidence. But guilty until proven innocent just the same.
Why would he want to stay? Welcome to GBO.  ::)

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2021, 10:43:21 AM »
oh so many want to believe that two manmade hand hue timbers were used  .as if there was a business  of constructing crosses . oh i am sure there was a need for squared timbers ,perhaps in ship building or in making doors out of wood. a round pole would easily suffice in  in the killing of a criminal