Author Topic: 50 degrees in May?  (Read 587 times)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
50 degrees in May?
« on: May 11, 2021, 03:11:01 PM »
Kinda strange to me.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: 50 degrees in May?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 05:26:29 PM »
I'm sick of it   >:(

Been in the 50's all day
The damp cold really messes me up
and it's supposed to be 80 this
time of year here. Makes it hard to
keep what little vegetable garden I
have growing
I hope what I have doesn't rot and wither
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 05:30:44 PM »
My buddy was telling me that the lakes
here have never got above whatever
temperature it is to trigger a spawn, so
if we skip right on into the heat the
fish may skip a spawn this go round
if they do that
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Muskie Hunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 11:53:51 PM »
Where I live, in Ohio, my little back yard pond hasn't shown any sign of spawning yet either. The Painted turtles haven't showed up, the frogs are not calling their perspective mates and mother goose is hesitant about getting her babies wet. This weather sucks!  Heck, it even snowed again here a few days ago.
Vietnam, 66-67, 173 rd. Airborne Brigade, point man, tunnel rat
Vietnam 68, 82 nd. Airborne Div. , sniper.
NRA Member

Offline DDZ

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 01:16:08 AM »
We have had a string of nights now where it is in the 30's. This morning was 34. Tonight is to be in the 30's again.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 01:50:12 AM »
It was 29 Sunday morning when I went turkey hunting.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 02:43:44 AM »
46 here this morning. Enjoy it while you can. There is a very good chance we will see 100 before the month is gone. We didn't last year as 99 was the best Ma Nature could do here.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 05:25:31 AM »
46 here this morning. Enjoy it while you can. There is a very good chance we will see 100 before the month is gone. We didn't last year as 99 was the best Ma Nature could do here.
I’ll take cool temps over sweltering heat...

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 06:28:02 AM »
It's a dry heat here almost always. Laugh if you want but there is a big difference between dry and humid heat. That said I can't take 100 degree weather anymore even if the humidity is in single digits. I've become something of a wimp in my eight decade.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 06:57:57 AM »
It's a dry heat here almost always. Laugh if you want but there is a big difference between dry and humid heat. That said I can't take 100 degree weather anymore even if the humidity is in single digits. I've become something of a wimp in my eight decade.
Very true. Dry heat is not anywhere near as bad as humid heat...

Offline DDZ

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 12:39:46 PM »

Me too! I hate hot weather, but 65 to 70 is nice.  Really I don't know how people live in the south eastern states where its 100 or more with very high humidity.  Guess its what you get used to.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 01:43:34 AM »

Me too! I hate hot weather, but 65 to 70 is nice.  Really I don't know how people live in the south eastern states where its 100 or more with very high humidity.  Guess its what you get used to.

I'm with you guys, I'm used to cold weather and summers where I live are great. Fall is my favorite season but I love all 4 seasons.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 05:47:32 AM »

I'm with you guys, I'm used to cold weather and summers where I live are great. Fall is my favorite season but I love all 4 seasons.

Autumn is a lot of people's favorite. 

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 12:12:05 PM »
75 and sunny today FINALLY
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline DDZ

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2021, 12:16:29 PM »
A couple years ago I went out to Zion National park with my sons. We hiked Angels landing and some other hikes in the park, including Bryce canyon. We drove to grand canyon, then dropped my one son off in California for a work related event he had there. Anyway I really enjoyed the trip, and got to see some unique country, but everywhere out there is basically nothing but rocks and dirt. Along with a lot of heat, and dry weather. Its was a nice place to visit, but I sure wouldn't want to live anywhere out there.  It was dark when we got off the plane in Pittsburgh, and as we drove home dawn came, and I realized how happy I was to see green trees, and grass. 
I have always said its really nice to live in an area were there are four distinct seasons.  Fall and spring are my favorites.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2021, 01:06:28 PM »
I also enjoy the Appalachian life. Out west is kinda cool and different and I’ve had some really good times there. Hard to find a place to hide unless you are a rock or a pine tree...

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2021, 01:17:29 PM »
I also enjoy the Appalachian life. Out west is kinda cool and different and I’ve had some really good times there. Hard to find a place to hide unless you are a rock or a pine tree...

If the trend continues, if you want to
hide in the west you'll have to pick a
garage in a gated subdivision to hide
behind because there won't be any
"wild " rocks to hide behind.
Most will be part of an elaborately
landscaped flower garden
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2021, 02:47:39 PM »
A couple years ago I went out to Zion National park with my sons. We hiked Angels landing and some other hikes in the park, including Bryce canyon. We drove to grand canyon, then dropped my one son off in California for a work related event he had there. Anyway I really enjoyed the trip, and got to see some unique country, but everywhere out there is basically nothing but rocks and dirt. Along with a lot of heat, and dry weather. Its was a nice place to visit, but I sure wouldn't want to live anywhere out there.  It was dark when we got off the plane in Pittsburgh, and as we drove home dawn came, and I realized how happy I was to see green trees, and grass. 
I have always said its really nice to live in an area were there are four distinct seasons.  Fall and spring are my favorites.

X2 on the green grass and trees. The area I live has lots of it. We have hardwood forests, mixed forests, boreal forests, pine barrens and some farmland mixed in where I live.