Author Topic: ..Purely ROTTEN !  (Read 335 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
..Purely ROTTEN !
« on: May 13, 2021, 03:04:01 AM »
  My grandson's wife posted this message on Facebook.  My great grandaughter Hailey, is a genuine track star in her own right, and she loves the sport, and has great hopes of it propelling her to some degree, through college.

What the party Democrats are doing to our kids, just so they can gain more political power, is just plain ROTTEN!
  Here is what she posted:

"When will our govt start looking at mental health during a covid crisis and not just physical health???? Covid is dangerous physically for the elderly.  But what about our teens?!?! Physically it doesnt hurt them.. mentally though..is a whole other story. My daughter has been quarentined more times than not since opening full time..shes been at school for 2 days and guess what folks?!?!! Thats right.. our girl is quarentined again!!!!! Track just started.. she made the comment to me how she was so excited for a regular track season. Now this.. as she sits in her room bawling.. saying she cant do this anymore, I can't help but cry for her. My heart is broken... something needs to give!"

"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
Re: ..Purely ROTTEN !
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 03:16:03 AM »
Be sure to remind her who is responsible for this. Hint: it's not the conservatives.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline ironglows

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 03:44:40 AM »
   She is already well apprised of that information...
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline ironglows

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 07:51:14 AM »

Actually, so long as she runs as she has for the last 4-5 years, she is on schedule for a full ride to college, but
 failure to accomplish this years competition could well kill her chances...  Just rotten !

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 08:16:05 AM »

Actually, so long as she runs as she has for the last 4-5 years, she is on schedule for a full ride to college, but
 failure to accomplish this years competition could well kill her chances...  Just rotten !

Or they will make her wear a mask. Mask and Track just don't mix. As we saw with that young lady fainting at the finish line. I ran the 440 in high school, did pretty well with a few blue ribbons. But the demand for oxygen is very high, that's the body's engine running on full throttle. I can't imagine the 880.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 10:43:20 AM »
Between covid and letting boys run girls track it's tough for female athletes in high school.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline ironglows

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 12:55:02 PM »

Or they will make her wear a mask. Mask and Track just don't mix. As we saw with that young lady fainting at the finish line. I ran the 440 in high school, did pretty well with a few blue ribbons. But the demand for oxygen is very high, that's the body's engine running on full throttle. I can't imagine the 880.

The 440, one of Hailey's feature events.  She runs the 440 and the 440X4.. normally the anchor leg.

So many times she has brought the crowd to their feet..as she takes the baton, perhaps 10-15 yards behind.  The folks in the stands who know her, are  already on their feet, as she takes the handoff !

They know there is some real drama ahead !

One thing sure, she didn't get her speed from me..  I was never fast...I could run far, but not fast.. ;) ;D