Author Topic: DMSO  (Read 3254 times)

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: DMSO
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2021, 07:55:32 AM »
I am the same way about hip and knee replacement. I know of those who never had a problem and I know several who had them and died from blood clots later so at 87 I will just keep what i have and hope for the best. At this time I can still walk, never could dance so I will just stay where I am.
Deaconllb

Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2021, 09:10:15 AM »
My wife’s knee rehab consisted of two a week in home visits for three weeks with her knee. No walker, get up, and walk on it. My rotator cuff rehab took considerably longer, three days a week for nine weeks on each shoulder and was a stone bitch. It was bad enough that my wife has passed on it after seeing me do it. She is doing pretty good with cortisone injections and a heating pad.

I have managed to get busted up pretty good during my life but I don’t use opioids. I can’t stand the fuzzy, goofy feeling I get with them. Tell you what though, after coming home from the hospital from an accident that busted my head into little pieces I really missed them for a few days. If I had  thought tears would have helped I would have bawled like a baby the first couple of days. After that a big dose of Tylenol began to help. Today I know pretty well what not to do to get through the day fairly pain free with the help of a couple of aleve in the morning. Almost every time I go into town I see someone that makes me thankful that I’m in the condition I am.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2021, 09:42:00 AM »
I am the same way about hip and knee replacement. I know of those who never had a problem and I know several who had them and died from blood clots later so at 87 I will just keep what i have and hope for the best. At this time I can still walk, never could dance so I will just stay where I am.
Deaconllb

My point ADZACKLY. I'll stay with what I got. It don't work as good as it used to. But I'm still mobile.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2021, 10:25:56 AM »
I had not heard of Indian pipe flowers until now.  I did a search and I think these grow wild in my yard.  They only come up briefly is spring and then are gone.  Next year I'll dig them up and transplant them to some containers.  I'm skeptical they'll help me since I've tried so many things that did little to nothing.  I took wild lettuce extract for awhile but it seemed to work the same way turmeric does and turmeric extract is cheaper. Some things help a little but nothing really replaces opiates.

Tony

Here's the video, he shows how to harvest it sustainably if you have them growing wild.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2021, 08:26:31 PM »
I can't promise that it will help your heart like it has mine but in my experience, it helps most peoples joints.  Look for the 85% gel.  The full strength stuff is hell on the skin...

Back when it was illegal to sell, I acquired a few quarts of the gel as part of a business deal.  I sold one quart a few ounces at a time an I or my family used the rest.  My family thought it was like snake oil to begin with but it made believers out of all of them.  I think of it like a gift from God.  What was once a nearly useless industral byproduct turned out of have amazing healing properties...  A few years later Oregon passed a law that said that it could be sold over the counter for "veterinary use."  That was probably the last good law passed in this state.

Tony. (/quote)

Got some Sunday evening from my daughter. Put it on my hands Monday evening and the relief lasted till Thursday. Put some more on in the evening Thursday and got immediate relief. I just need to do it a bit sooner. Haven't tried it for my heart yet.

What I have is 15% MSM and 2% DMSO, Excelsa 20X, by Jacobs Lab.

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2021, 11:06:51 AM »
If you have leg swelling like I do, then slather it on from your knees down to the top of your feet.  Then when you lay down to sleep and your fluids redistribute, they will carry the DMSO throughout your body.  I told my cardiologist that was my plan and he confirmed that it would do that.  When my old lady comes to visit (long story,) I have her take the roll on applicator bottle I bought and run it up and down my back.  It really helps me with back pain but since I live alone, I'm lucky to get it on my back once a month.  She won't touch the stuff so the roll on is the only way I can get her to help me with it.  She's kind nuts and one of the many reasons we don't cohabitate...

If it feels like it's burning, wipe it off.  Some areas are more sensitive than others and can't take it as long.  After about 30~45 minutes whatever hasn't soaked in won't and is just left over gel so wipe it off and go about your day...

Your heart has already gotten a little DMSO since it travels in the blood stream and the lymphatic system but most stays where you put it so it wouldn't hurt to put some over your heart.

I too tend to be too lax in my DMSO treatments.  I try to do it every 5 days but often I go 6 to 8 days...  It works better if I use it more often.

Tony

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2021, 04:25:05 PM »
Will have to try on the legs and see how that goes.

Offline geezerbiker

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2021, 04:09:10 PM »
I'm not saying it's a cure but it certainly has made my condition better...

Tony

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2021, 05:59:01 PM »
Understood. Tried some last night and don't see much swelling today; think I'll do some more to see how it goes. Thanks for the idea.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2021, 06:01:38 PM »
It helps my knees for sure.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline geezerbiker

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2021, 06:56:57 PM »
I F'ed up my knees crashing a Yamaha on some railroad tracks back in 1978.  Even though I have a some cartilage damage, DMSO does wonders for my knees.

Tony

Offline ironglows

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2021, 04:13:52 AM »
  Sometimes we forget..when we should be memorializing.  I can recall when just one alert person saved Americans from a huge health crisis..

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/woman-who-stood-between-america-and-epidemic-birth-defects-180963165/
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2021, 06:47:38 AM »
I remember "Thalidomide Babies". I have met some and worked with a lady who had the problems. It is good when someone stands up and says "NO".

I have to say that using the DMSO+MSM this last week seems to have stopped the swelling in my legs. Just that gives some promise. Can't say what it has done for the heart specificly.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2021, 07:30:57 AM »
'
  Glad to see you are getting some relief, Gene..
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline geezerbiker

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2021, 12:29:27 PM »
I remember "Thalidomide Babies". I have met some and worked with a lady who had the problems. It is good when someone stands up and says "NO".

I have to say that using the DMSO+MSM this last week seems to have stopped the swelling in my legs. Just that gives some promise. Can't say what it has done for the heart specifically.

I've been taking glcuosamine with MSM for joint pain for many years it helps my joints but that's pretty much it.  It no longer helps my hip joints but it still helps my back and that alone is worth it.  I buy the Costco store brand stuff and I've been satisfied with the cost and results.

It wasn't until I started using larger quantities of DMSO that I noticed a significant reduction in my leg swelling but this problem only goes back about a year and a half after COVID put me in the hospital.  I feel a little stronger and it seems like the emergency has been taken out of having to take a leak.  I can go longer and have less of urgency when I get to having to go.  I was hesitant to mention this last side effect but since there are now 2 of us that have improvement with the leg swelling problem, I figured I'd toss it out.  And no, I don't put it anywhere near my nuts...

Tony

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2021, 01:06:33 PM »
So far I haven't notice a reduction in urination, but I've ony been at it for a week. Will see; it would be nice.

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2024, 11:25:48 PM »
Too bad this discussion died out. There were a lot of things going on then, and a lot have stopped posting, for whatever reason. Some good info posted there.