Author Topic: political or spiritual?  (Read 272 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
political or spiritual?
« on: May 23, 2021, 04:03:58 AM »
  The huge divide now growing here in America, must be evident to all.  I will not point to one side or the other, since each can decide for themselves.

It seems to me at least, that the divide is far deeper than just "politics".  To me, it looks like one side is always striving for the good and honorable way, while the other seems all primed for the wrong or evil side of things.

Take any of the current 'hit button' issues..2nd amendment, abortion, illegal aliens, law & order, earning our way, 2 genders, family values, illicit drugs, rioting, hate or like police, Judeo~Christian influence, military, flag, country and GOD!

I see it as much deeper than plain old, politics.  I see it as a SPIRITUAL battle !   As the Essenes described it..."a battle between the forces of darkness and light" !

Do you see it as a political or a spiritual battle?
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: political or spiritual?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 04:39:36 AM »
Isaiah Chapter 3 verse 5, Ephesians Chapter 6 verses 10 through 20.

Moral decay is moral decay.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline DDZ

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 08:34:56 AM »
Its a spiritual battle for sure.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 10:09:51 AM »
I am not religious and find myself on the correct side of things on most if not all of those subjects, yes even the religious ones.  So not sure it's strictly political or spiritual but more of a mix of the two.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline ironglows

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 10:53:28 AM »
  Thanks for the input guys..as is often said, neither one is a wrong answer, but an indication as to how you see it as an individual.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 11:15:20 PM »
I dont pretend to understand God but if i guessed hes got to be thinking Sodom and Gomorra about now. About time for a cleansing
blue lives matter

Offline ironglows

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 01:40:44 AM »
  I tend to think the present 'troubles', are just part of the old struggle between God and Satan, and the old devil is using politics and some gullible and ungodly people as his action agents.