Author Topic: Students DEMAND Climate Change Policies... But Won't Promise To Do Their Part  (Read 578 times)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Do as I say
Not as I do
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
Some of the young people on college campuses are the most clueless, and ignorant people on earth.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
Rules for thee, not for me.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Online moamonkey

• Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
That's liberal-think; sounds really good until you add reality.

Offline Ranger99

Some of the young people on college campuses are the most clueless, and ignorant people on earth.
Some of my young relatives that attended
college came out with wild ideas about
the environment and life in general and
wholly dissatisfied with their ancestry
and relatives. A couple of fellow students
from across the atlantic planted the
seeds of dissatisfaction with America,
yet here they were attending our schools
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
Long on promise and short on delivery, seems to be a common problem with millennials and gen z. It's funny how everyone else should sacrifice but when it comes down to personal sacrifice the game changes.

No doubt they would be more than happy to pay a carbon tax to keep on enjoying their own uninterrupted lifestyles without committing to changing their habits in service to their beliefs/convictions. Upturn an entire economy and punish everyone else as long as they're not affected.
wtxbadger

Offline ironglows

Not just students, but most celebrities and politicians..as well as many college professors.

Everybody should cut back their lifestyle to please these phonies... everybody but them!  They hated so much

the idea if giving up ANYTHING...that they hatched up a "carbon credits' scam, so they could continue to live

their hedonistic lives without interruption.  "Carbon credits" offer such solutions as planting X number of

Douglas fir seedlings, so they can enjoy their huge mansion(s).

So, if everybody chose to plant a few seedlings, so they could commit all kinds of environmental "sins"..what

would that prove..and how much would it really help the environment ?

Besides, plant a few seedlings for a few thousand $$$..give me that deal, and I'll start planting tomorrow.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Ranger99

I was going to get some seedlings and
plant a carbon orchard myself, but the
way I understood it, the officials were
supposed to be allowed access to your
land anytime they took a notion, including
allowing agricultural/forestry/etc. students
to play around on your land and take
samples for analysis, do various
experiments, etc.
I don't care to open that door since
it can't be closed afterwards, so I
never pursued it any farther
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline magooch

No one should underestimate the persuasive ability of the radical instructors in our higher education establishments.  One of my grandsons was well tutored by myself, his other grandfather and his own father on the political realities.  He was solidly conservative until he went away to a state university.  In a mere two years of being brow beaten by the libs, he now spouts their ignorant dogma when anyone will listen.  He left that school and has worked in the medical field for the summer, but now he is preparing to continue for a higher degree at a satellite state university in a different location.  This school is intensively medical, so maybe, hopefully there will be no time for political blather.
Swingem

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
There's hope for that kid.  I hate to quote scripture off the top of my head but it says in the Bible that if your teach your children correctly, they may stray for awhile but will return to the truth.  I've seen it in my own daughter.  She was acting all liberal brainwashed for around 10 years and now she coming around to conservative values.  It's taken longer than I would have liked but she's really getting there...

Tony

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
I know everyone blames the school system and especially colleges for turning folks into liberals.

BUT dang it unless things have changed a lot since my school days or folks are taking totally different classes than I did I sure dunno when all this is happening.

When I was in college, yeah a really long, long time ago, the teachers taught the subject matter of the class I was attending. When I was in a math class that was all that was discussed. In a science class that was it, in English same.

I took at most 3-4 classes in getting my degree that talking politics was even remotely appropriate.

So how the heck are these professors changing folks minds on political matters if they are actually teaching the subject matter of the class being taught. Or are folks taking a curriculum far far different than I did?

I began as a Chemistry major with biology minor but after 4 semesters I dropped out to to a wife and kid and a job. When I was able to get back it was nights and had to change my major. I chose accounting and economics as my minor.

Nothing I took to graduate put me in classes where discussions that could alter my political views ever came up.

So are folks just misled on this or has things changed that much?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
Bill, they start indoctrinating kids in kindergarten now days. And yes a lot has changed. Remember we had prayer and pledge to our nations flag when we went to school.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Yup remember those in elementary school. I seem to recall both being dropped when I went to high school tho. Still none of my high school teachers tried to sell me their view on religion or politics and neither did my professors in college.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
My oldest went away to college for only one semester then dropped out. Came back a fully indoctrinated leftist. Talked about white privilege, the whole works. Colleges are almost strictly leftist propaganda centers now, the left owns education. I took an online college class last semester. I had leftist emails from the college in my student email almost daily.

Offline Ranger99

I've heard the " if it weren't for the humans
screwing up the earth,  etc. etc..  ."  speech
from students of varying ages and grade levels
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline DDZ

Yep, lots has changed since many of us here were college aged. Not sure that professors are teaching subject matter that much anymore.  My guess is the leftist professors are using their leftist indoctrination lecturing during class time, then giving the students the subject matter to learn on their own through books or online. So many of these kids coming from college are all in on the climate change scam to tax the hell out of us in the name of climate change. 
The company I worked for had a policy in place that started shortly before I retired, where they were going to hire only college educated people.  Before I left there was a pretty big turnover because of older people retiring, and they were hiring these college educated.  What a big mistake. A large majority of them were dumb as a sack of hammers, and lazy as heck. Nothing could be done with them because of the union in place.  Not sure what they learned in college, but it sure wasn't anything to make them a good employee.
I told my supervisor that if he lined 25 people up I could pick better employees just by looking at them.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Ranger99

Speaking fluent spanish is the
prerequisite here, although the
people that advertise the jobs will
only say "bilingual " , I would imagine
to avoid lawsuits.
I did call their bluff one time on the
"bilingual " jazz.  I answered the question
yes, I am bilingual. They were like that's
great, with your years of experience and
all, and bilingual too. Yes, I speak