Author Topic: Lyman Super Moly  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Flapjack

• Trade Count: (0)
Lyman Super Moly
« on: January 04, 2003, 05:41:18 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has any extensive experience with this lube? I just bought 3 tubes, but my concern is of the "moly buildup" nightmare that is often encountered with jacketed moly bullets. I am planning on loading to 2000 fps. in my '06. I do not want to permanantly coat my bore with moly, because I will be shooting jacketed bullets also, and I dont want to go through a rediculous cleaning regimen before I can! Is it any more difficult to clean than regular Alox/beeswax lubes? I understand the "moly craze" has come and gone in the benchrest world for many reasons..what do you all think? Am I over reacting?? Thanks! -Flap

Offline hubbard

Lyman Super Moly
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 07:07:20 AM »
i used it in pistols only. wipes right out just like regular lube.

Offline sjc1

Lyman Super Moly
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2003, 11:00:06 AM »
I have been using it for a couple of years for my cast bullet loads in pistols and rifles. No problems with it. Like hubbard says, it wipes right out. I think you will like the Lyman Super Moly lube.

Offline Castaway

Lyman Super Moly
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 01:00:25 AM »
My plinker loads are lubbed with Liquid Alox, my business loads with Lyman Moly.  I get over 1500 f/s with a Lee 255 RNFP (45 Colt) with no signs of leading after 30 rounds in my Trapper.  Wipes right out.

Offline Flapjack

Lyman Super Moly
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2003, 05:55:08 AM »
Thanks for putting my mind at ease guys, I've been checking around on other boards, and this stuff does have an awesome rep.. looks like I was getting worked up for nothing. thanks again!

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
Lyman Super Moly
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2003, 10:08:08 AM »
that stuff ant no good, you should send me all the tubes you got so you don't have to worry about getting it in your sizer :-D
I only use lee lquid alox and the lymon super molly never had any troubles.