Author Topic: If you haven't quitthe NFL habit yet, perhaps this will help you decide..  (Read 323 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
  Now the NFL works to divide Americans by color and apparently what ever other way they can.

https://www.wfla.com/sports/nfl-says-it-will-play-black-national-anthem-at-all-games-in-2021/
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline ironglows

In case anyone wonders, here is the black national anthem;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONgOH_tq7-Q

Great message, but not appropriate to replace the real National Anthem. It will serve only to promote more division.

The words seem to indicate that they have all ready arrived.  The lyrics may also be a hard swallow for the atheists among their many leftists.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
The NFL is, and has been for many years, a vague, and fleeting memory, of my past.
BEFORE Colin Kaepernick, the monkey shines, the jungle jumping, and the "swahili shuffle"
 after every play, and touchdown, caused me to abandon the whole circus act.

It looks like "dress up day" on National Geographic.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline DDZ

I have quit watching any NFL a couple years ago. This year I quit watching baseball when MLB decided to move the Allstar game out of Georgia because it didn't like the voting laws passed.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Northwoods

If I finally needed a deal breaker to stop watching NFL other than kneeling for the original a black National Anthem would be it. These over payed, self absorbed, entitled, bed wetters of our society offended by their own shadows are the last folks we should be lectured by... They make me want to vomit in their imaginary roll model status and I can only hope pro sports in this capacity go the way of the Dodo bird!  >:(
I want movement, not a calm course of existence. I want excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love. I feel in myself a superabundance of energy which finds no outlet in our quiet life.”

― Leo Tolstoy

Offline bluecow

• Contributor
What ever happened to

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." M.L.K. Jr

The U.S. National Anthem is for all people of the U.S.  NO mater race, religion, creed, sex.......................... WE DO NOT NEED an anthem for every want-to-be sub-sect of society.  This just divides us more, which some people make a vary tidy living doing.

If I can't go to a game, race, concert,... and not have someones political opinions (left,right or center) shoved down my throat, then am I boycotting those activities.  I will actively encourage others to do so.  Make my contempt for those who don't known.  I will frustrate, annoy, embarrass, anyone at every opportunity those who continue this B.S.  Politics and disagreement have its place but ENOUGH is ENOUGH. >:( >:( >:( >:(
Everything before BUT is B.S.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
The NFL is, and has been for many years, a vague, and fleeting memory, of my past.
BEFORE Colin Kaepernick, the monkey shines, the jungle jumping, and the "swahili shuffle"
 after every play, and touchdown, caused me to abandon the whole circus act.

It looks like "dress up day" on National Geographic.

Ain't it the truth! College sports are close behind for me.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglows

...(Some)..Professional athletes in America.  The only people I know, who are paid outrageous figures, collected from a large share of the public, and regularly convert that fame into more millions in endorsements...then turn around and savagely attack those gullible, perhaps masochistic, hands who provide them that opportunity.