Author Topic: He did it again..  (Read 492 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
He did it again..
« on: August 13, 2021, 01:49:54 AM »
  As usual, when the choices are several, bumbling joe chooses the worst one.  There were about 2500 troops in Afghanistan, accompanied by air power, that was maintaining a smooth as possible transition.

So, after giving the Taliban advanced notice Joe abuptly pulls the troops out...  What did he expect?

Now he decides to send 3000 troops back in.

It could have been a smooth transition...

...But now I fear that  these troops will have to fight off the Taliban, while snatching formerly helpful Afghans,
and even some residulal Americans , from rooftops

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2021/08/biden-sends-3000-troops-offers-taliban-bribes-daniel-greenfield/     
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: He did it again..
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 01:57:18 AM »
I guess I misunderstood the news media.  I thought the redeployment of those troops were to evacuate the American Embassy, and a few others.

England is doing the same thing.

I think we should have pulled out of Afghanistan 19 years ago, after we finished bombing that crap hole into powder. Let'em fight!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 02:27:01 AM »
" It could have been a smooth transition..."

That would never happen - I agree with Dee about getting out 19 years ago... better yet never go in in the first place!!!

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 05:48:32 AM »

That would never happen - I agree with Dee about getting out 19 years ago... better yet never go in in the first place!!!
We had to go, but should have pulled out long ago.  We need to stop trying to build nations, just knock them down a few pegs and leave, let them rebuild and keep them from doing the things that sent us there in the fist place.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline ironglows

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 05:53:33 AM »

We had to go, but should have pulled out long ago.  We need to stop trying to build nations, just knock them down a few pegs and leave, let them rebuild and keep them from doing the things that sent us there in the fist place.

^^^ that^^^ is More feasible...
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 07:09:13 AM »

Agreed. We should do that to China...

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 07:58:00 AM »
IF Carter had not stuck his nose in there and armed the same people that we are now fighting , and took down the towers, this would not be happening.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 09:52:16 AM »
But, BUT if it's a fast hit and get out operation, how do you expect the MIC and spin-off corps to make a bundle?
Ever wonder how career politicians get so rich? And rich guys that go into politics get so poor?
Me neither.  :o
held fast

Offline DDZ

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 11:22:41 AM »
I think we have the idea that Biden is making decisions for America, and for our military forces. I don't believe for one second that he is making any decisions at all, nor do I believe that he is capable of making decisions. He is a puppet, and he is exactly who the radical left wanted placed in the white house.  Their plan started back even during the democratic primary. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn