Author Topic: elite warranty?  (Read 637 times)

Offline redawg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
elite warranty?
« on: March 07, 2004, 05:47:49 PM »
I know the elites have a lifetime warranty, but does this only apply if you are the original purchaser?  If I buy one used, is the scope covered by this warranty?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
elite warranty?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 01:22:41 AM »
The warranty on the Elites reads precisely the same as the famous Leuopold warranty. It is life time and covers both original buyer and anyone who buys it afterward used. I've asked this one of Bushnell in the past.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zachary

redawg
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 02:47:34 AM »
Although the Elites do have a lifetime warranty, the good thing is that, these scopes are sooooo good, that you will likely never have the need use it. :grin:   I have several Elite scopes and they have all performed flawlessly.  Still, it's nice to know that the warranty is there if you need it.

Zachary

Offline redawg

• Avid Poster
elite warranty?
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 05:56:47 PM »
Thanks guys! :D   I figured that I probably wouldn't need to use the warranty, but I've seen a few good deals on used ones lately(online) and was worried about buying someone else's headache.  Anyway thanks again!

Offline Bushnell Boy

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.hotspothunting.com/common/showsite.asp?dovend=0&id=29555
elite warranty?
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 09:34:44 AM »
This is a copy of the warrenty

ELITE® LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
We are so proud of our Bushnell® ELITE® Riflescopes that their materials and workmanship are warranted to be free of defects for the life of the ELITE Riflescope. The warranty is available to any owner of the ELITE
Riflescope. No receipt or warranty card is required. This warranty does not cover damages caused by misuse or improper handling, installation or maintenance of the riflescope.

At our option, we will repair or replace any defective ELITE riflescope, which shall be your sole remedy underthis warranty. In no event shall we be liable for transportation costs to us, costs of removal or reinstallation
of the riflescope, or incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion oflimitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.

No agent, representative, dealer or unauthorized employee of Bushnell has the authority to increase or alter the obligation of this warranty.
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)

Two roads diverged in a wood, and --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

Offline redawg

• Avid Poster
elite warranty?
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 05:11:48 PM »
Thanks for posting the warranty Bushnell Boy.  I probably coulda got it myself off of Bushnell's website, but I have trouble prying myself away from this one :grin: .  Thanks again.