Author Topic: Godless ones blocking the roads to kabul airport to prevent Americans to escape  (Read 402 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)

Godless ones blocking the roads to kabul airport to prevent Americans toescape.
« on: Today at 11:54:14 AM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taliban-block-routes-to-kabul-airport-hampering-evacuations/ar-AANs3wb?ocid=msedgntp

Taliban Hamper Kabul Evacuations, Crack Down on Protests in Eastern Afghanistan
Yaroslav Trofimov  19 mins ago

PHOTOS: The US military obliterated a missile frigate, showing off how it could…
Taliban pull men with black-painted faces with nooses around their necks: Photos

a group of people sitting and standing in front of a crowd© -/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images
Afghans and Westerners stranded in Kabul after Sunday’s Taliban takeover started trickling into the city’s U.S.-controlled airport for evacuation flights, but entry remained extremely difficult, with Taliban checkpoints pushing Afghans back and no clear system to bring people in.

The United Arab Emirates, meanwhile, said Wednesday that it welcomed the deposed President Ashraf Ghani, whose whereabouts had been unknown since Sunday, on humanitarian grounds.

In the eastern Afghan cities of Jalalabad, Khost and Asadabad, the first challenge emerged to Taliban rule, with hundreds of locals walking through the cities’ central streets and waving the black-red-and-green flags of the fallen Afghan republic to chants of “Allahu akbar.” The Taliban dispersed these protests with gunfire, initially in the air. A witness in Jalalabad said that two people were killed and several injured, including Afghan journalists who filmed the event.

This bloody crackdown on protests clashed with the image of benevolent tolerance that the Taliban have attempted to project since seizing the Afghan capital on Sunday. On Wednesday, Anas Haqqani, a senior member of the Taliban, came to Kabul for a meeting with former President Hamid Karzai, who ruled until 2014, and with the fallen republic’s chief peace negotiator, Abdullah Abdullah.

At Kabul’s Hamid Karzai International Airport, crowds of Afghans continued to gather along the perimeter, trying to flee the country. The Taliban once again repulsed these crowds with violence, beating and whipping families trying to get through the checkpoints and unleashing volleys of gunfire in the air, according to witnesses.

Beyond the Taliban checkpoints, U.S. Marines at the gates of the airport focused mostly on keeping anyone from coming close. As a result, many of the evacuation flights continued leaving with empty seats even as tens of thousands of Afghans who worked with Western governments clamored for a way out before the Taliban track them down.

“The situation is very bad at the gate,” said Lida Ahmadi, who applied for a special immigrant visa for Afghans who had helped the U.S. effort in Afghanistan. “I slept on the road last night. Now, after two nights and two days at the gate, we’ve finally got the chance to come in. I am so happy now,” she said shortly after getting through the gate.

Many others haven’t made it, so far. An Australian C-130, which can carry more than 120 passengers, flew out only 26 people Wednesday morning, the Australian government said.

A number of civilian flights seeking to pick up foreign citizens and Afghan civilians didn’t get permission to land Wednesday, with some circling over Kabul in vain and then turning around. Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense said that the IL-76MD it had sent to pick up Ukrainian citizens in Afghanistan was not allowed to proceed and has landed in Muscat, Oman, to await U.S. permission.

An estimated 10,000 to 15,000 U.S. citizens remain in Afghanistan, senior Biden administration officials told Senate staff during a private briefing on Tuesday, a Senate aide said. The U.S. military evacuated 1,100 American citizens, U.S. permanent residents and their families on Tuesday, according to a White House official. In total, the U.S. has evacuated 3,200 people so far and relocated to the U.S. 2,000 Afghans who were approved for special immigrant visas, the official said.

In the heart of Kabul, only one Western embassy—that of France—remained after all other Western missions shut down or moved to the airport on Sunday. In the past three days, it has become a magnet for hundreds of Afghans and foreigners trying to get out, with several hundred others camping around the compound in hopes of being allowed entry.

On Tuesday night, a convoy of some 10 buses traveled from the French Embassy to the Kabul airport, stopping at Taliban checkpoints, with passengers—most of them Afghans—later boarding a French A400 military plane to Abu Dhabi. By then, the crowded diplomatic compound had already run out of water and food rations.

“The embassy had turned into an internally displaced persons camp,” said Stéphane Nicolas, head of operations for consulting firm ATR, who sheltered in the embassy until Tuesday night. “Behavior changes in this kind of place. Everyone is under shock, they know that they have lost everything, and that if they venture out they may die.”

Outside the passenger terminal of the military side of the airport Wednesday morning, U.S. Marines handed out field rations to Afghan civilians, many of them women and children. A secondhand bus, bearing the markings of a tourism agency in Germany’s Thuringia region, dropped off the latest load of refugees. A small boy pulled his father’s kameez as a Marine directed the new arrivals.

Esrar Ahmad, a former interpreter for U.S. troops who also managed to enter the airport on Wednesday, said that his son and wife were injured in a stampede at the gates. “The crowd pushed us from the back and she fell down. Her knee was badly hurt by a rock, and she can’t really walk now,” he said.

“The problem is that people believed in rumors of being able to go abroad without any documents or coordination,” added Hayatullah, a 47-year-old Afghan-American who also spent the night outside the airport gate before being allowed inside Wednesday morning. “These people created a huge chaos.”

In the U.K., Home Secretary Priti Patel told the British Broadcasting Corp. that officials are working “around the clock” to evacuate British and eligible Afghan nationals out of the country, and now are flying out roughly 1,000 a day.

The U.K.’s chief of defense staff, Gen. Nick Carter, told Sky News the Taliban were cooperating with British troops supporting the evacuation efforts, adding: “What we’re not getting are reports of them behaving in a medieval way like you might have seen in the past.”

Write to Yaroslav Trofimov at yaroslav.trofimov@wsj.com
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Americans who ventured into Afghanistan for any other purpose than to make war, i.e. as a member of the United States military, most likely suffer from life long poor judgment issues.

While I sympathize with their plight, and their families concern, I have to wonder what the hell were they doing over there in the first place.
If it was mercenary work, well fighting for money is risky and they had to know that. If it was for business profit, I'd say what a greedy dumbass.
Anybody going into Afghanistan for ANY reason,  had to have figured it out the first week. So now the government is injecting military troops back into harms way to rescue American dumbasses. It never ends.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
Missionaries, NGOs … we went in with our eyes wide open to Somalia and we’re always packed to move fast. I suspect many of the Americans outside of Kabul are involved in nation building of some kind though. A lot of contracts to set up schools, government agencies, infrastructure.
held fast

Offline teamnelson

Our fascination with labels prompted us to ensure the Afghani government included gender, race, religion, etc on official documents. Now there are 5000 Christians in hiding because their official papers identify them as such and they’ll be killed trying to access the airport. Good job us … we did that. We love our labels and divisions.
held fast

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
Our fascination with labels prompted us to ensure the Afghani government included gender, race, religion, etc on official documents. Now there are 5000 Christians in hiding because their official papers identify them as such and they’ll be killed trying to access the airport. Good job us … we did that. We love our labels and divisions.
If your American an  stranded outside the airport ,YOU ARE SCREWED !

Offline Dee

Agreed TN. While we're to profess our faith in Christ as our one and only Savior,  I believe God would give us a pass in places such as Afghanistan.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Missionaries, NGOs … we went in with our eyes wide open to Somalia and we’re always packed to move fast. I suspect many of the Americans outside of Kabul are involved in nation building of some kind though. A lot of contracts to set up schools, government agencies, infrastructure.

Yes..  The left's fascination with labels will get some folks killed.  For instance, what will the average Taliban think of some female Ameican, whose primary job is to "raise consciousness" and free up the Muslim women?

I can see a few of them getting "married off" to Taliban members for a couple days..then snuffed..  A hard thought, but one that could very well be in the Taliban mindset!... So sad..so tragic..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline teamnelson

As I understand it the 5000 are afghani Christians, not US citizens. They may be known by other afghanis, but there was no point to put religious preference on their identification other than to satisfy an American need to demographize everyone. My religion isn’t on my passport or drivers license; why did we make them include it on theirs? So we could track metrics to report progress. And now it’s putting people in harms way. I wouldn’t expect anyone here to walk up to TSA and declare I’m a Baptist! Yet that’s what we compelled them to do.
held fast

Offline Dee

The United States government has been segregating folks since its inception. Its how they control the population, and the vote.