Author Topic: DEMOCRAT says all OUR weaponry belonged to the godless ones, NOT US. « on: Tod  (Read 571 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)

DEMOCRAT says all OUR weaponry belonged to the godless ones, NOT US.
« on: Today at 06:43:57 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/garamendi-spins-taliban-takeover-us-weaponry

Dem Rep Garamendi spins Taliban takeover, says seized US weaponry was 'property of the Afghan government'
Democrat said 'almost all' U.S. military equipment was removed ahead of takeover
By Jessica Chasmar | Fox News

Taliban has leverage in Afghanistan over Biden admin: Rep. Waltz
Rep. John Garamendi, D-Calif., attempted to spin reports of Taliban militants showing off their newly acquired U.S. weaponry, arguing that the equipment was actually "property of the Afghan government" when it was seized during the Taliban’s takeover of the country.

"Almost all of the American military equipment was removed from Afghanistan prior to this mission of evacuating from the Kabul airport," Garamendi, who sits on the House Armed Services Committee, told MSNBC on Monday. "Now, that equipment is gone."

WHITE HOUSE ADMITS 'FAIR AMOUNT' OF US EQUIPMENT IN AFGHANISTAN IN TALIBAN HANDS

placeholder
"There's often the misunderstanding here about other American equipment," he continued. "The U.S. has armed the previous Afghan government, 300,000 soldiers and all of the equipment that goes with it. We have been doing that for the last 20 years. With the collapse and total disappearance of the Ghani government, that equipment fell into the hands of the Taliban and they now have it. Indeed, it is American equipment, but it was the property of the Afghan government."

The U.S. has provided an estimated $83 billion worth of training and equipment – including aircraft, armored vehicles, rifles, and tactical gear – to Afghan security forces since 2001. The Afghan National Defense and Security Forces surrendered many of those weapons as the Taliban made their way through Afghanistan. After the central Afghan government collapsed to the Taliban on Aug. 15, pictures and videos have shown militants admiring their newly acquired weaponry.

"We don’t have a complete picture, obviously, of where every article of defense materials has gone, but certainly, a fair amount of it has fallen into the hands of the Taliban," President Biden’s national security adviser Jake Sullivan told reporters on Aug. 17.

Garamendi said "almost all of the American military equipment" was removed from Afghanistan, despite multiple reports saying the U.S. military equipment Taliban acquired was worth billions of dollars. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., was called out earlier this month for attempting to spin similar reports, saying, "This is what happens when you withdraw."

The U.S. evacuation effort at the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan, is expected to conclude Tuesday, more than two weeks after the capital’s collapse on Aug. 15. U.S. officials have said that while evacuating Americans and Afghans is the top priority, evacuating equipment brought in for the mission was also a focus and that controlled detonations remained an option.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"With regard to equipment and machinery that was brought in to deal with this particular evacuation, yes, that will be able to be evacuated. Some of it already is," Garamendi said Monday.

"Now, going forward will we be able to get all of the Americans out? I think the number probably 300 or so, yes," he added. "The evacuations will continue until the last American jet leaves that airport. Those evacuations will continue even after the American military has left. There will continue to be evacuations from Kabul and from other areas. That is going to take place. With regard to all of the Afghans that are out there in trouble, they will continue to be evacuated as possible."

Sponsored Stories You May Like

Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline magooch

If the military equipment belonged to the Afghan government, why haven't the Biden people jumped on that explanation.  Anyway, someone beside a California dummycrat should know what the real story about the equipment is. 

Next it will be all the dummycratics claiming that Trump gave the hardware to the Taliban.
Swingem

Offline powderman

SAW a pic of a chopper inside a cargo plane, wish they could get ALL of them out. Fly em as far as they can go then refuel  them, repeat as needed. CHARLIE.  :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
SAW a pic of a chopper inside a cargo plane, wish they could get ALL of them out. Fly em as far as they can go then refuel  them, repeat as needed. CHARLIE.  :( :(

...And if they couldn't fly them out..destroy them !  Probably ALL of the most sensitive, high tech equipment could have been flown out.

That is, unless somebody wanted it to end up in the hands of the Chinese Communist Party...  and the Russians ! !

$1.5 billion...d equipment

Blinken just on TV..wants to start "diplomatic relations" with the Taliban.  They still haven't learned.....

they want to continue dancing with the Devil !

So far as that Rep Garamendi..saying those arms and equipment belong to the Afghan government!

Just what Afghan government is that?  The Afghan president skipped out a week ago, the rest can't be found.

Nice try STUPID..trying to cover for a president who should be in kindergarten ..listening and not talking..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Guess this democract didn’t get the word that the state dept left 6 of their CH 46’s on the ground. 
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
It is true that most US made equipment that was left behind, with some exceptions, were given or sold to the Afghan government.  It happened in Iraq as well, military cut and ran and left behind a bunch of equipment.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
It is true that most US made equipment that was left behind, with some exceptions, were given or sold to the Afghan government.  It happened in Iraq as well, military cut and ran and left behind a bunch of equipment.

I doubt the hardware was sold  with the understanding that it could end up with the Chinese, the Russians or a plague of savages.

...And since the Afghan government skipped town, we must watch out for our own interests..which Benedict did not do..or even try to do.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
They even have C130’s.  Remember the good ol days when military leadership would have the guys from Little Creek Va standing by with C4. Some people would call this a contingency plan.

Evidently, leadership was too busy researching white rage.

Irregardless, The Biden Administration just gave us the biggest foreign policy disaster in my lifetime. One that will have lasting and far reaching international repercussions.

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
They even have C130’s.  Remember the good ol days when military leadership would have the guys from Little Creek Va standing by with C4. Some people would call this a contingency plan.

Evidently, leadership was too busy researching white rage.

Irregardless, The Biden Administration just gave us the biggest foreign policy disaster in my lifetime. One that will have lasting and far reaching international repercussions.

Now, please understand.. White privilege and white supremacy are crushing problems in the United .   

Of course, myself being as white as anybody, I have never met a "supremacist' !  ...And I have never received my white privilege card..

Darn, it seems that anything I ever got..I had to work hard to get !

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular

I doubt the hardware was sold  with the understanding that it could end up with the Chinese, the Russians or a plague of savages.

...And since the Afghan government skipped town, we must watch out for our own interests..which Benedict did not do..or even try to do.
It never is, but it happens, time and time again.  I am honestly not as worried about the weaponry or equipment left behind as I am the pallets of cash.  They will be hard pressed to maintain the equipment with no training or repair parts, and the weapons, well, AK-47s or M4s do not make much difference, they apparently had enough before this to topple the two previous Afghan governments.  No, it's the cash they can use to finance external attacks on us, here on our soil, that worry me.  I am also disappointed that we didn't sanction Pakistan, who gave shelter to many Taliban fighters, and probably provided additional fighters to bolster their ranks, and not to mention hid Bin Laden for all those years.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~