Author Topic: Remington Rider no. 9 shotgun  (Read 3147 times)

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
Remington Rider no. 9 shotgun
« on: September 07, 2021, 02:19:08 AM »
This past weekend I was at a large outdoor flea market at a sportsman’s club where lots of guns are sold and traded.
I bought this old Remington side cocking single shot 12 ga. that’s in good shape except a broken butt plate at a good price.
It has the removable hinge pin and is tight as the day it was made, seems like a good quality shotgun that maybe was a model that was to expensive to manufacture to compete in the break action market so it wasn’t made for long.
 Wondering if anyone else has one of these and shoots it and likes it ?
I am a sucker for any unusual actioned guns and got this at a good price seems like a unique piece !

Anyone have any comments,or know of any problems with these guns , from what I found researching them there was a model 1893, no. 3, and the no. 9 that used the side cocking lever.

jedman
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
Re: Remington Rider no. 9 shotgun
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 02:19:54 AM »
 I ended up shooting this a little and it worked fine but like most guns I pick up that are priced low I ended up selling it at a gun show last week.  I had just one table and sold this shotgun and 6 others on Saturday then on Sunday the same guy came back and bought a SXS double I had plus an antique rifle so he bought 3 from me . I also sold 3 others on Sunday so a total of 11 guns sold, probably my best show for only having 1 table.
jedman
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Remington Rider no. 9 shotgun
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 03:25:49 AM »
Glad you're able to still go to a
gun show and sell some things
and enjoy it
Gun shows in this region have been
ruined for a long time.  I can't remember
the last one I attended.
Years ago, I went to one most every weekend
if I wasn't riding motorcycles or something.
These days, it's over 90% vendors, and none
of the old men with fixer-uppers and parts and
pocketknives and such as that.
The last couple of years I had a table, the 
places were full of looky loos that were there
just to kill time and get away from their grumpy
wife and howling kids. Plus the ones that
brought shrieking infants in strollers that
took up a goodly portion of the aisle and bumped
into everybody and everything.
Plus the groups of yuppies that critique everything
on your table,  but don't intend to spend any