Author Topic: " To the shores of Tripoli"!  (Read 272 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
" To the shores of Tripoli"!
« on: September 11, 2021, 04:06:11 PM »
  The year, 1804..tripoli pirates (Muslims again) have been raiding and capturing ships of various nations, as they sailed the Mediterranean.  At one point, they took a US Ship (USS Philadelphia).

Pres Jefferson frowned upon that, since he didn't want our own ship to be used against us, so he sent the Marines to retake or destroy the ship.

Lt Stephen Decatur took 75 volunteers, kicked butt on the Muslims and burned the Philadelphia.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Second-Battle-of-Tripoli-

The year 2007, Iraq..
  Some terrorists had captured one of our latest developed IED resistant trucks, and were holding it in a town in the Euphrates valley.  They couldn't be allowed to keep it, or the Iranians or Chinese would reverse engineer the truck, thereby endangering our troops.

So a volunteer group of Marines (to include my grandson), were assigned the task of taking the truck back.

The Marines took the truck back..but no terrorists survived the action..

Biden should be so much an American.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: " To the shores of Tripoli"!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 07:02:58 PM »
November 3, 2020 - The White House was stolen, the American public would like it back....Lets get the volunteers.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: " To the shores of Tripoli"!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 05:32:02 AM »
November 3, 2020 - The White House was stolen, the American public would like it back....Lets get the volunteers.
It might come to this.  I'll help in any way I can.  (I'm 78)
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye