Author Topic: Still shooting----maybe today  (Read 293 times)

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Still shooting----maybe today
« on: September 27, 2021, 03:18:46 AM »
I was all packed up and ready to go to my only range this morning. Weatherguesser said light wind and a 20% chance of rain this afternoon. They got it right on the wind but guess what? The sun has barely risen and it's raining.  ::) It's only a light rain and maybe it will soon quit. In the meantime I am killing time on this forum.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Still shooting----maybe today
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 01:49:50 PM »
Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny and cool and I have three rifles ready to go along with 100s of rounds of ammo.
I have 10 rounds loaded in the one magazine I have for my new 10/22.
I have 90 rounds loaded in Nancy's six magazines for her Archangel 10/22.
I have a hundred rounds for my new target rifle which right now is set up as a single shot.

I'll probably not even think about your rotten luck as as I fire'em down range. ;D
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 11:00:10 PM »
1/2 a coffee can of 9s yesterday out of one of my 9mm ars and my M&P full size and about a 100 rounds out of my home defense kimber to knock the cob webs out of it. It about did in my knee though. Probably wont try it again till after its replaced in dec. Then it will be recovery and winter so i probably did my last range visit till spring. Been a bad year for me between the hip replacement and the house building and now this knee I been a real slacker when it comes to putting range time in. I probably could have done more but another thing that adds to this is i have a real good stash of ammo but primers and powder are starting to make me nervous and im NOT paying the scalping prices.
blue lives matter

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 03:06:33 AM »
Sure enough the rain was soon gone and away I went. I had the range to myself for quite awhile. Then a guy showed and shot a pistol for a few minutes and left. Next was a shooter on the rifle range and just before I headed home a couple of more pistol shooters arrived. I had a good session with no one close by. I got two pistols with new red dots sighted in and then shot five more pistols just to enjoy them.

Lloyd, I hope you get everything fixed up over the cold months and are ready to go when the weather warms up.