Author Topic: Reddot Sight?  (Read 1409 times)

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
Reddot Sight?
« on: October 12, 2021, 07:06:54 AM »
Picked up a Freedom Ordinance FX-9, 9mm, the other Day....Want to put a Reddot  on It...

Whats the Best  "Cheap" Reddot out There?

Thanks

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
Re: Reddot Sight?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 07:19:38 AM »
I don't know what you mean by cheap, but I like the Vortex Venom.  I have 2 of them, one on a pistol and one on my daughters 20ga.  Great optics...

https://vortexoptics.com/red-dots/venom-red-dots.html
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline orerancher

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 08:16:13 AM »
I don't know what you mean by cheap, but I like the Vortex Venom.  I have 2 of them, one on a pistol and one on my daughters 20ga.  Great optics...

https://vortexoptics.com/red-dots/venom-red-dots.html

"Cheap" Meaning I don't wanna Spend alot of Money on One....Gun Probably won't get Shot alot....

Thanks for the Info!

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 08:24:50 AM »
What I mean is I don't know what your acceptable price range is.  You can get a red dot for $20 up to $800, but like anything else you get what you pay for. 
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline orerancher

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 09:15:58 AM »
What I mean is I don't know what your acceptable price range is.  You can get a red dot for $20 up to $800, but like anything else you get what you pay for.
Fully Understand, "Ya get what Ya Pay For"   Just lookin for Sumthin that is usable in the $75-100.00 Range....

Just for Plinkin in the Yard....It's 9mm, so 25yds I Figure is all It;s good For....

Offline northwoodneil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 11:04:25 AM »
Sig romeo 5. I love mine. Before covid you could catch them on sale for $99.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

― John Wayne "The Shootist"

Offline JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 03:21:36 PM »
Holosun (who makes the Sig Romeo) also is a good option, and you can often find them below $100.  Given the difference in quality between the Holosun and those optics with MSRP below $100, I'd absolutely spend the extra money for a Holosun. 

Also, don't forget to check the used and refurbished markets to save a couple of bucks.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.