Author Topic: When did.  (Read 588 times)

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
When did.
« on: November 08, 2021, 01:41:01 PM »
The words (white or black) when your referring to a color? Become such a racial issue? I ran into that today.
When I ordered some food at a restaurant and requested white gravy on my mashed potatoes. They call it cream now.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: When did.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 01:42:18 PM »
More information?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline phalanx

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 01:48:46 PM »
More information?

At a restaurant. It's only my own experience. We were in Albuquerque so that might explain something.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 02:06:18 PM »
Where I'm from, we called mashed potatoes "creamed potatoes". I ordered "creamed potatoes" out here in west Texas, but out here they call them mashed potatoes. The gal takin my order, didn't know what I was talking about. She thought I wanted white gravy.

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 02:34:50 PM »
I wonder what they will do about pant. A lot of black paint cans for color say Negro which is Spanish for black, so I guess they may have to call it African American The world has gone nuts most of it stims from not teaching true history.

Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 05:19:25 PM »
I wonder what they will do about pant. A lot of black paint cans for color say Negro which is Spanish for black, so I guess they may have to call it African American The world has gone nuts most of it stims from not teaching true history.

Deaconllb
Not far off about that.  For most of my life I would refer to them as negro(s) as in black in spanish.  One day my mom corrected me that they are referred to as morenos, which sort of means tanned or dark skin. Seems they, blacks, would take offense to being called black in spanish, so it was changed.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 05:41:13 PM »
Things were better when you could call a spade a spade.
Swingem

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 02:41:12 AM »
Where I'm from, we called mashed potatoes "creamed potatoes". I ordered "creamed potatoes" out here in west Texas, but out here they call them mashed potatoes. The gal takin my order, didn't know what I was talking about. She thought I wanted white gravy.

I can't say I blame her as she is probably young. We older West Texans knew the term "creamed" but no one ever used it. Mashed it was and is and even over here next door in "Little Texas".

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 03:14:08 AM »
Went into Walmart in Borger a few months looking for a jar of Sauerkraut. Couldn't find it, so I asked a young gal working there.
She didn't know what sauerkraut was.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 04:25:47 AM »
  Sure is strange how words change..for years some referred to black people as N _____, and that was truly offensive.  Most people wanted to refrain from truly offending people, so they used the term "colored".  Well, that continued for some years.
  Then came the civil rights campaign and slogans such as, "black is beautiful", and soon they were insisting upon being called black.  So nearly everyone figured, "fine..we will change from "colored" to "black", good enough !

Then suddenly, Jesse Jackson comes along and starts to insist the term "African American" be used.  Why?

Now it appears, the labellers have taken full circle, and are insisting on the term, "people of color"..

So, I have quit playing semantic 'musical chairs', and normally use the term black..  THat term doesn't seem to offend the best and brightest among them..such as Walter Williams, Thomas sowell, Justice Thomas or Dr Carson,
      So I figure I'm standing on firm ground, being respectful but refusing to play the "word of the month" game..

Changing terms doesn't change the circumstances...

I recall a time when some youngsters were called "dummy" which was rather unkind.  So some folks, trying to be nice, started to call them "slow".. 
  Well, most people soon realized "slow' was a replacement word for dummy, so the new term completely lost it's clout !   
   So, in an effort to ameliorate the terms, some people began to designate such unfortunate children as "retarded".   Well, I think we all know how that degraded into the insult, "retard !". 

we get the terms such as "vertically challenged", and we know trhat means short... and  "metabolic
 struggle" usually means... fat..

I'm sure you guys know some other such terms that have migrated from their intended use.   ...But folks can play word games all they want..understanding comes from men's minds and hearts..rearranging letters of the alphabet, won't make any real difference.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2021, 01:12:39 AM »
There are very few "Africans" in residence in these United States today, unless the entire negro race has decided not to assimilate into American culture, potentially making it "easier" to deport all of their worthless a$$es

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2021, 01:21:22 AM »
There are very few "Africans" in residence in these United States today, unless the entire negro race has decided not to assimilate into American culture, potentially making it "easier" to deport all of their worthless a$$es

...And how many are purely African in descent anymore?  America is a mix of various ethnic groups..and it has been our strength.  ...That is until th eglobalist/communists came along spouting their Hitlerian "racial purity" crap !

America today is a nation of "mutts"..and it is to our credit.  Ask any veterinarian, there is such a factor a "hybrid vigor"..

We have seen cultures that lapsed into separating people by race, religion etc., and it is universally destructive.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2021, 07:36:35 AM »
Not everything is Black and White. There are sometimes Gray areas. So, do we now say Not everything is Black and Cream? Just don't sound  right! Kind of like Arsn't I prefer Ain't. ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2021, 07:59:51 AM »

...And how many are purely African in descent anymore?  America is a mix of various ethnic groups..and it has been our strength.  ...That is until th eglobalist/communists came along spouting their Hitlerian "racial purity" crap !

America today is a nation of "mutts"..and it is to our credit.  Ask any veterinarian, there is such a factor a "hybrid vigor"..

We have seen cultures that lapsed into separating people by race, religion etc., and it is universally destructive.

During the census last year (the only one I have ever responded to), when asked my ethnic background I had to say "Hines 57). Shocked the census taker, but she put it down.

Offline orerancher

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2021, 08:11:48 AM »
 Ask any veterinarian, there is such a factor a "hybrid vigor"..

Hybrid Vigor, is really only Present with the Offspring of the First Cross....

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2021, 08:33:47 AM »
Not everything is Black and White. There are sometimes Gray areas. So, do we now say Not everything is Black and Cream? Just don't sound  right! Kind of like Arsn't I prefer Ain't. ;D
It’s taint ya hillbilly. What. Were you raised in the woods? :D