Author Topic: ..Hold everything guys.. Baldwin didn't pull the trigger..  (Read 783 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
..Hold everything guys.. Baldwin didn't pull the trigger..
« on: December 02, 2021, 02:47:45 AM »
   He said so himself, in a CNN interview!  He didn't pull the trigger on that Colt .45 revolver !

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/01/entertainment/alec-baldwin-interview/index.html

I guess that Colt .45 revolver was like Ford Escape that decided to run folks down in that Christmas parade the other day...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: ..Hold everything guys.. Baldwin didn't pull the trigger..
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 03:15:46 AM »
Well, Fords apparently aren't anymore reliable than Alec Baldwin.  ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 06:19:58 AM »
That guy is such a weasel, there are few on this earth that I despise more.  Where are all the people who said Cyle was fake crying, now we obviously have an actor fake crying and lying to save his azz.  Aside from the person he killed and injured I think poetic justice that he's the one that did in fact pull the trigger.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 06:25:58 AM »
That guy is such a weasel, there are few on this earth that I despise more.  Where are all the people who said Cyle was fake crying, now we obviously have an actor fake crying and lying to save his azz.  Aside from the person he killed and injured I think poetic justice that he's the one that did in fact pull the trigger.

Agreed,

Offline Lone Star

• Reformed Gunwriter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 04:04:46 PM »
You don’t have to “pull the trigger” on a SA revolver for it to go off.   Pulling back the hammer to just before half-cock and releasing it can cause a discharge with a traditional SA.  Regardless, it was in his hands and he is ultimately responsible - IMO.  He’ll try to blame the “little people” - and they apparently share some blame - but the revolver was in his hands when he pointed it at the victims and it went off.  Perhaps he’ll claim PTSD from the publics’ reaction to his notorious cell phone call to his daughter years ago….so he’s actually the real victim.

Offline Dixie-Dude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 04:25:47 PM »
Aren't most single actions today made with a transfer bar and will not go off unless the trigger is squeezed after the hammer is cocked?  I know older western models, one could pull the trigger and fan the hammer with the other hand and fire it fast.  This was an Italian model of the old Colt single action revolver.  Don't know if they have a transfer bar. 
Opelika Portal

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 03:22:45 AM »
Not a fan of Mister Baldwin for sure but there is one possibility I haven't heard mentioned. Prior to the shooting according to the news reports he and some others had been target shooting. After his statement that he didn't pull the trigger I got to thinking on how that could have happened and the only plausible explanation I can come up with would be a hang fire. I know duds and delayed ignition are extremely rare these days but it is a possibility. If he didn't clear his gun after target shooting and if his person in charge of the firearms on the set didn't check it and if it was a hang fire while they were taking still shots and the gun discharged then it is possible. Lots of ifs but strange things happen sometimes.

I shoot military surplus ammo on occasion and of course it is old ammo but I have had duds and hang fires with it in the past.

Just my pondering on it if you take what he says as the truth. He's still responsible for pointing a weapon at another person and killing them.
wtxbadger

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 03:38:42 AM »
Usually hang fires occur in a matter of seconds, due to the hang fire is occurring in the area the size of a primer.

Baldwin is salting potential jurors with his TV appearance. He owns this one.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 04:25:18 AM »
   Hang fire or not, still no clear path for Baldwin...  He still should have checked the state of the firearm handed 
     to him, especially if he is going to do some stupid thing...like aiming it at somebody he doesn't intend to kill..!

This is doubly true, if they were actually "target practicing",  with the same gun.  ..But of course, that in itself would be an egregious mistake, since there should  have been no live ammo anywhwere near the place
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 04:34:57 AM »
   Hang fire or not, still no clear path for Baldwin...  He still should have checked the state of the firearm handed 
     to him, especially if he is going to do some stupid thing...like aiming it at somebody he doesn't intend to kill..!

This is doubly true, if they were actually "target practicing",  with the same gun.  ..But of course, that in itself would be an egregious mistake, since there should  have been no live ammo anywhwee near the place

Agreed,

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 05:36:06 AM »
Aren't most single actions today made with a transfer bar and will not go off unless the trigger is squeezed after the hammer is cocked?  I know older western models, one could pull the trigger and fan the hammer with the other hand and fire it fast.  This was an Italian model of the old Colt single action revolver.  Don't know if they have a transfer bar.
I'm only guessing here but I would guess that movie companies would have the latest safety devices such as that transfer bar.
If so, the trigger HAS to be pulled.
I'd like to examine that gun.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 05:56:32 AM »
I'm only guessing here but I would guess that movie companies would have the latest safety devices such as that transfer bar.
If so, the trigger HAS to be pulled.
I'd like to examine that gun.

I am beginning to think that the only governing resource for Hollyweird the big bucks...and whatbthe perverts can glean from trhe gullible..
    Sorry, but I think if you would add an incredible mania for "control"..you could throw in the DNC with them...