Author Topic: Manchin stops Biden bill  (Read 663 times)

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
Manchin stops Biden bill
« on: December 19, 2021, 09:56:48 AM »
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Online DDZ

Re: Manchin stops Biden bill
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 10:28:38 AM »
I figure Manchin had some incentive to vote against the bill. If he had voted for it his career would have been over in a state where Trump took near 70 percent of the vote. I'm sure that was foremost in his thoughts.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 10:34:17 AM »
  I tyhink we still have to appreciate the spot Manchin was in.  His party wanted him to go one way, his people the other.
  Probably the most remarkable prt of the whole deal, is what the newsroom talking heads were saying. 
  They talked about Manchin vs Demonrats....rarely about what is RIGHT or WRONG..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline phalanx

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 11:19:03 AM »
At least this bill was stopped. For now anyway. No one will be patting him on the back.
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 06:56:28 AM »
It now makes sense why McConnell decoupled the debt ceiling from build back better.

House Progressive’s gave Manchin the finger with budget gimmicks and adding stuff they knew he opposed. They seem surprised by the result.

Biden Admin acting like a lame duck with Hillary plotting a comeback.

The strongest opponent for Republicans in 2024 would be a guy named Manchin but the Dem’s have swung too far left.

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 08:30:41 AM »
W. Virginia doesn't need any help after all they aren't the poorest state in the Union (they are the 48th richest...)

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 02:51:58 AM »
W. Virginia doesn't need any help after all they aren't the poorest state in the Union (they are the 48th richest...)

Proverbs 19:1 might work here ... I've great respect for Manchin, he represents his people over the party, which is what it should be isn't it?
held fast

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 03:04:04 AM »

Proverbs 19:1 might work here ... I've great respect for Manchin, he represents his people over the party, which is what it should be isn't it?

So far, but he is still a Democrat. Craziness is always lurking.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline phalanx

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 03:56:24 AM »
Sometimes people say they are a Democrat so they can get into the party and screw things up. I know a man who said he was doing that, he's from Louisiana.  But he votes Republican, if the truth be known. He owns a gun shop in Lubbock. I’m sure the reverse happens to the Republican Party also, we call them Rinos.
Constantine III

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2021, 07:40:33 AM »
  I tyhink we still have to appreciate the spot Manchin was in.  His party wanted him to go one way, his people the other.
  Probably the most remarkable prt of the whole deal, is what the newsroom talking heads were saying. 
  They talked about Manchin vs Demonrats....rarely about what is RIGHT or WRONG..
He was elected by THE PEOPLE. No choice here. Good for him.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 01:33:41 AM »

Thanks to the Dems, who fight the use of coal, and consider anything between NY City and Los angeles to be "flyover country" !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Casull

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 08:26:17 AM »

Are you trying to say they are more concerned about doing what's right than lining their pockets?  If so, I actually agree with you (pretty rare).
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 08:40:01 AM »

Are you trying to say they are more concerned about doing what's right than lining their pockets?  If so, I actually agree with you (pretty rare).

Think it was sarcasm.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 01:41:18 PM »
  I wouldnt rest easy  , still months to go before  the Repubs have a chance to regain the majority   and the armtwisting over the filibuster  is just beginning . 

Offline Casull

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 08:24:41 AM »

Think it was sarcasm.

You think, Dee?
Aim small, miss small!!!