Author Topic: Social Security  (Read 613 times)

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
Social Security
« on: December 24, 2021, 10:07:22 AM »
 Is due to get a cost of living raise of 5.6 % in 2022. But if that goes over the IRS limit of 25,000, your going to have to file taxes. Something that needs to be changed also. And medicare will be going up also.
So what’s the use !
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Social Security
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 11:22:10 PM »
yup the last two raises were ate up by increases in medicare.
Is due to get a cost of living raise of 5.6 % in 2022. But if that goes over the IRS limit of 25,000, your going to have to file taxes. Something that needs to be changed also. And medicare will be going up also.
So what’s the use !
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 01:31:26 AM »
yup the last two raises were ate up by increases in medicare.
So what’s the use !

Every time.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 02:19:09 AM »
About seems that way. They need to factor in cost of living increases with medicare increase added on top of it.  Like phalanx said too taxable caps should be raised right at the same percentage raises are. Bottom line is even the 5.6 percent which is one of the bigger ss raises ive seen is still behind in what the real world cost of living has increased in the last year. Even if medicare didnt increase wed actually make less then we did last year. Read somewhere that as of dec 15 cost of living is up 6.5 percent from last year at this time. But then percentage figures like that are all over the place and nobody seems to agree. what sucks for me more the ss is my retirement. It was fixed at retirement time and never goes up a penny. Buddys dad worked at the same utility we both did and retired years ago and died this year. He maxed out on retirement when he retired and got 620 bucks a month. Hardly pays the utilitys today.
blue lives matter

Offline phalanx

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 03:29:02 AM »
It’s all a gov scam, playing with numbers. So,you can max out your social security? I didn’t know that.
How old do you have to be before you have used it up? For us old codgers who refuse to die, like they want us too.
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2021, 04:05:22 AM »
Hmm, aii the info I have seen for the increase has had it at 5.9% and like always, a medicare increase knocked a big hole in it. Of course that is below the 6.5% increase in the cost of living that the government has been giving out. The government is lying to us like it always does. Any that have been to the grocery store can tell it is a lie and if you drive a vehicle there is much more evidence there and that is only two examples.

Offline ulav8r

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2021, 12:36:26 PM »
Don't remember the year or other details, but years ago the government removed many items from the cost of living index, such as gas, many groceries, and other things.  The true cost of living for 2021 is probably closer to 15%.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2021, 02:00:55 PM »
Gas out here is 308 a gallon. And we shop at a large dollar store nearby. Avoiding Walmart.
Constantine III

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 02:16:11 PM »
Went back down to $2.67 last time I bought gas.

It will be better in some areas, and worse in others for different things.

The economy will be less an less stable.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2021, 05:11:42 AM »
In the communist dictatorship of N.Y. I paid $ 3.43 today.  If I was 40 years younger I think I would move to one on the free states. To old and to tired to star over at this point.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2021, 06:26:48 AM »
3.62 here yesterday but this tourist trap town is always 10 cents or more higher then neighboring towns
blue lives matter

Online DDZ

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »
In the communist dictatorship of N.Y. I paid $ 3.43 today.  If I was 40 years younger I think I would move to one on the free states. To old and to tired to star over at this point.

That is kind of where I am too. Pa is 3rd in the nation in gas tax at 58.7 cents a gallon.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2021, 12:31:52 PM »
$3.09 here in the highest petroleum producing county in the US.  ::)