Author Topic: A note for our lefties here on GBO..  (Read 1985 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: A note for our lefties here on GBO..
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2022, 09:20:06 AM »
 I. coiuld become as scarce as hen's teeth !
  From Tm; " On a completely off topic issue, do you give any credence to the idea that we are only a few years away from the release of cold fusion technology that will  collapse the demand for petroleum and even a battery culture? Have you heard about this in your travels?   

Are we that close to cold fusion power?  If that happens, and the PTB allows it, that could be a whole new power source and at reasonable cost.
   Combine that with graphene battery technology, and the internal combustion engine, would be on par with our Amish neighbors and their buggies !  ...And we wouldn't have to "kiss up" to the CCP for their lithium Hunter-provided batteries!

However WE must be smart enough not to place people in high offices, ho are of the "hate America" crowd.

https://www.graphene-info.com/graphene-batteries
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2022, 10:04:10 AM »
OPIC, Settin the Price of Mid East Oil.....is that the 'Market Place'?

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2022, 10:14:53 AM »
OPIC, Settin the Price of Mid East Oil.....is that the 'Market Place'?
Why no. It’s actually down there in the fruit section. Sometimes they get stocked with the nuts and flakes...

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2022, 11:03:54 AM »
Wish VA residents were as smart as NWB.
Thinking incorrectly, citizens thought the price of gas went up when VA Dems increased the state gas tax.
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2022, 12:47:36 PM »
This, nowadays applies here , there, every where, for arenas of  business.

What is clear is that electrification is a technology chosen by politicians, not by industry.”

- STELLANTIS CEO CARLOS TAVARES ON EUROPE’S ELECTRIC VEHICLE PUSH

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2022, 11:23:42 PM »
wise man!!

What is clear is that electrification is a technology chosen by politicians, not by industry.”

blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2022, 12:20:57 AM »

^^^THAT^^^  DITTO !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2022, 04:17:00 AM »
  From Tm; " On a completely off topic issue, do you give any credence to the idea that we are only a few years away from the release of cold fusion technology that will  collapse the demand for petroleum and even a battery culture? Have you heard about this in your travels?   

Are we that close to cold fusion power?  If that happens, and the PTB allows it, that could be a whole new power source and at reasonable cost.
   Combine that with graphene battery technology, and the internal combustion engine, would be on par with our Amish neighbors and their buggies !  ...And we wouldn't have to "kiss up" to the CCP for their lithium Hunter-provided batteries!

However WE must be smart enough not to place people in high offices, ho are of the "hate America" crowd.

Are we that close? No, we are not. “Cold Fusion” is an incredibly complicated idea. At this point, it remains in the realm of science  fiction. There is no accepted theoretical model that would allow cold fusion.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2022, 05:12:11 AM »
well electric battery cars arent practical by todays technology and it sure doesnt keep the liberals for pushing them. I could see CA mandating cold fusion by 2030 even if its just a dream in some scientists mind. They dont rely on fact

Are we that close? No, we are not. “Cold Fusion” is an incredibly complicated idea. At this point, it remains in the realm of science  fiction. There is no accepted theoretical model that would allow cold fusion.
blue lives matter

Offline darkgael

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2022, 07:17:05 AM »
TM7, my friend: yes, I have maintained an interest in CF since the fiasco in 1989.
Whatever you are reading, there is no cogent hypothesis that will allow for cold fusion with current technology.
The difficulties are many. Not only is initiating a reaction very involved so, too, is maintaining  the reaction and then containing it.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2022, 07:40:46 AM »
Space.com has ongoing articles about this subject. Interviews with scientist involved with this.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline rb45

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2022, 07:21:28 PM »
Try making cement without coal, oil or natural gas. Not going to happen. I was a supervisor and operator in a large cement plant and we fired the kiln with whatever was cheapest between the three. Natural gas works the best with coal usually the cheapest and oil on occasion. You always use natural gas to heat up the kiln and when hot enough you go to coal or oil.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2022, 04:53:53 AM »

LENT-CANR.org
Space.com

Searchable databases.
This is going to take me a while. Lots of reading to be done.
As far as Dr. Whyte’s presentation, it is as much a sales pitch as a scientific analysis. That is not a criticism. His focus is on process and problems. What is missing is a clear statement on how to do what needs to be done. Dr. Whyte makes no bones about that. 
Yes, progress has been made since 1989…and yet, despite knowing what has to happen, research has stalled on making it happen. There is, as yet, no clear hypothesis.

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2022, 06:19:14 AM »
Fusion has always been just 10 years away from since I was in high school in the 1960's.  Same with Global Warming.  Since 1989 it has been just 10-12 years away from doom and gloom earth heating up too hot to turn back.  Graphine batteries were supposed to be available since the early 2000's. 

Wind and solar are the only two alternative power sources that are even somewhat economical.  And that in only areas where they have a lot of wind all the time and or a lot of sunshine all the time.  Transporting and storing this power for other areas is the cost trap.  That is where nuclear or fossil fuels come in. 

Long distance and fast charging batteries are being worked on and looked at.  Mass manufacturing and keeping the costs low enough is the current problem. 

Then there is algae oil that can replace drilled oil.  Synthetic made natural gas can be made.  Coal will always be used in metal smelting and manufacturing.  The left wants to drive up the cost of fossil fuels any way they can, limiting drilling, taxing, or whatever to price it out of the market for alternatives.  Alternatives are not quite there yet. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2022, 07:45:55 AM »
I have , for now, subscribed to Automotive News, the rag that is directed to and written by Automotive Insiders.(I get notices to sign up for up coming zoom conferences)
The first two issues are 98.6 percent about electromobiles, tax breaks for companies, reliance on China, and the fact they are doing it because the government is forcing them to, no other reason.

It has not reached the point of no return, the paper says, but is getting close.

There was an article/s in the newest one where most homes do not have Amp capability to fast charge the batteries, with some talk of how the government could/will be dealing with this problem and who should pay for nation wide capability.
It is all theory now but there is a back-lash brewing.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2022, 07:58:24 AM »
Such a thing would be a benchmark in world history.
I have heard too many such pronouncements over the years. Forgive my skepticism.
My goodness….what would happen to the Saudis, to our own oilmen as well?
One wonders what those little pellets of deuterium/palladium would cost.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2022, 12:27:19 PM »
DG....yep, absotootly a huge game changer.
Palladium would be recycled, like catalytic converters are today.
Deuterium is common in sea water and plentiful, easy to get.
Yes, makes me think the PTB will stop this.
And the PTB loves fission,  they love the by-product DU even more.
That is seeing the future through rose colored glasses, with a 100 dollar bill on the end of stick you cannot get without taking the glasses off.
This country is terribly lacking in natural resources now obtained, more cheaply overseas;  if we resorted to the panic mode for resources as Germany did in WW II,  Biden's economic asininity would seem like the good old days.

Right now the some of the Greenies are being awakened to the the biological natural disaster mining for the minerals their wonder-kindt modes of power generation really are.
The Iron Range in Minnesota uses taconite not because there is no  red ferrous ore in the ground just that mining it would cost more than the Rube Goldberg system for Taconite.
My grandfathers farm was on top of a ore deposit, the companies came out and test drilled for, it was too deep to be justified economically justified.
But I love the taste of the iron rich well water, most city sissies won't even drink. 8)

Offline darkgael

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2022, 12:25:12 AM »
Deuterium is common in sea water and plentiful, easy to get.
Well, yes and no. It can be had from seawater, yes. Processing it with palladium is another issue. Doubtless, if what is happening now proves fruitful, the process with become more sophisticated.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2022, 01:26:07 AM »
Just this morning:
Major breakthrough on nuclear fusion energy https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60312633