Author Topic: fear of nukes  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
fear of nukes
« on: March 04, 2022, 01:07:16 AM »
Buddy told me to check this out. Potassium iodine tablets that cost 12 bucks last year are going for 300-500 on ebay right now and its about the only place to get them because there sold out everywhere. Only thing out there are herbal ones and they dont do much for radiatioin poisonings. He said survival food has gone up about as much and is about impossible to find too. At least at normal prices.
blue lives matter

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: fear of nukes
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 02:06:32 AM »
Chicken Little syndrome at work?

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 03:28:35 AM »
Buddy told me to check this out. Potassium iodine tablets that cost 12 bucks last year are going for 300-500 on ebay right now and its about the only place to get them because there sold out everywhere. Only thing out there are herbal ones and they dont do much for radiatioin poisonings. He said survival food has gone up about as much and is about impossible to find too. At least at normal prices.
The first thing you need is a Dosimeter , it measures your cumulative   dose rate of radiation .  Working inside  Nukes you have to be monitored daily so as not to exceed your daily dose rate . If you do  pass the daily dose rate ,  your shutdown from entering the work area for a few days .

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 04:15:46 AM »
For anyone truly interested in the subject and wants better info then duct tape, stay indoors and maintain social distance.

Written by Cresson Kearny from Oak Ridge National lab.

IMHO. The most comprehensive guide available. Radiation, shelters, shielding, airflow, water, food ext.

Free download.
http://www.oism.org/nwss/
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 04:43:31 AM »
   Its reported that Russia has planted explosives  at the  Ukraine Nuke .  My guess is they're targeting the cooling towers , take those out and the meltdown begins . 

Offline Casull

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 08:41:20 AM »
WalMart has them in stock for $29.00 a bottle of 90.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022, 09:39:35 AM »
yup those are the herbal ones and from what i found are pretty much useless against radiation. But im far from an expert on the subject and just got that info from the internet.
WalMart has them in stock for $29.00 a bottle of 90.
blue lives matter

Offline Casull

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 09:42:28 AM »
Or this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Iodine-Potassium-Iodide-Solution-Laboratory-Grade-30-Ml/541487044

$7.25 bottle plus $8.95 shipping.  Liquid, not pill form.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2022, 09:48:50 AM »
Also seems, according to the CDC, that dietary supplements that contain iodine instead of potassium iodide are not useful, but potassium iodide itself does work.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Online Mule 11

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2022, 10:33:57 AM »
I heard if ya cradle your rifle, tuck your knees under you, put your head down and pull your poncho over your body. Everything will be alright. Forgot the emoji :)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2022, 12:09:18 PM »
"Apocalypse Now"  the nuclear version playing now. Everywhere.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Online Mule 11

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2022, 01:30:53 PM »
Fear of nukes? No way. Let me Know when it’s safe and I’ll crawl back out of the Appalachia’s...

Offline phalanx

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2022, 02:11:39 PM »
I saw potassium iodine tablets at dollar general for $10.00. And eBay has dosimeters for less than $30.00. Go look. The panic of paying those high prices is only a scam. For now anyway. And the Ukrainian nuke plant if it has a melt down what if the winds are blowing to the west, Russia gets it.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2022, 02:12:44 PM »
   Its reported that Russia has planted explosives  at the  Ukraine Nuke .  My guess is they're targeting the cooling towers , take those out and the meltdown begins .
Why would they do that?
Blackmail .  If  the  invasion dont workout as planned they have a wildcard  to play .

Offline phalanx

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2022, 02:26:10 PM »
Why would they do that?
Blackmail .  If  the  invasion dont workout as planned they have a wildcard  to play .

Death card.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2022, 10:13:14 PM »
i always tell people that if russia sends the nukes i hope the first one drops right on my head
blue lives matter
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2022, 02:58:12 AM »
what loony web site did you find that on Dr. tm7? Talk about high jacking a topic. We are discussing nukes here not vaccines. 
Fear of nukes? No way. Let me Know when it’s safe and I’ll crawl back out of the Appalachia’s...
Ah yeah, that's what the elite, PTB, top brass are doing; heading for their DUMBs, which are nicely stocked, probably with single malt Glenlivet, too.
Most of us can repair DNA damaged by low or short dose radiation. But it's just come out that mRNA vaxxed damaged people can not.  Get the picture?
blue lives matter
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2022, 05:01:44 AM »
my plan? Die quick. Sure dont want to die slowly from radiation poisoning or cancer. I wasnt playing doctor or internet expert just passing on the raise in prices of it. But im sure your alone here thinking that some wacko sceintist in swedon says vaxs effect it makes it so. 90 percent of what whe have gotten from both sides of this is just conjector and guessing. What i think is absolute insanity is believing they force vaccines ore even pushed them so wed be more susceptible to radiation. That is so extreme tin foil hat crap there. You must be afraid to walk out of your house and breath the air!! Or eat anything that comes from a store. There probably putting mind control drugs in your coffee!! :o Better shut down that computer who knows what kind of mind control programs there sending over the internet waves. Heck they are probably mutating your genes. 
blue lives matter

Online Mule 11

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2022, 11:24:18 AM »
What are Saul Alinsky’s rules?

Offline M134 Troll

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2022, 07:27:50 AM »
Sorry Lloyd.
Released by the renown Lund Institute of Sweden and others.
mRNA vax damages DNA and impedes repair; just when you would need repair the most.
Just because you're unaware of lots of things doesn't make these things not so.
Btw, beyond radioactive iodine thyroid protection, what's your plan for radioactive cesium protection which replaces potassium in human and plant  metabolism, and has a longer half life than iodine?
TM7,  please post article title, Author(s), publication date.   There must be a dozen or so institutes at Lund University.  Which one?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2022, 09:50:01 PM »
blah blah blah, blah blah. Wheres my tin foil hat.
blue lives matter

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2022, 06:34:09 AM »
Not really any use to run
From what I understand from
friends and acquaintances that
served in SAC and USAF the
ICBMs that we had at the time
they were in would flatten everything
standing for a 70 mile radius

Lots of juicy targets around here
Of course,  the old silos here close
have been empty for years, but there's
lots of defense industry related
strategic targets such as Texas Instruments,
Lockheed Martin,  E Systems, etc. etc.

You can't live in a convenient location
to goods and services and not be
close to one of those places
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2022, 07:25:47 AM »
I heard if ya cradle your rifle, tuck your knees under you, put your head down and pull your poncho over your body. Everything will be alright. Forgot the emoji :)

Yea, as I remember, there was one more step to that drill!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2022, 07:30:16 AM »

Yea, as I remember, there was one more step to that drill!

And kiss you A.. goodbye!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2022, 07:42:19 AM »
Yeah... I  think there's  a dozen or so nuke power  plants and as many  nuke waste sights in Ukraine. . I would think all of those nuke sights are high priority on Russian radar.  In fact, I  am surprised  it took them so long to get to taking them under control. .The last thing they want is abandoned plants cooking off, or dirty bombs coming out of them poisoning their army.

Meanwhile, Joebama has sent a few B-52s to the region, reportedly landing in Hungary.
So that should calm things down! Yeah.

Btw. Just after Fukushima I got an app on my smart phone as a radiologic detector and dosimeter.

On the subject of radiation......I have mentioned before on the forum about my Grandson who was sent to Japan after the Fukushima thing. He was on the USS Reagan and worked in the water department of the ship. He was admitted to the Naval Hosp. in San D. Cal. upon the end of deployment with two large growing tumors behind his eye. He had another removed less than a year later. He has just had his second surgery in one moth to remove three more on his spine. He still has two growing near the base of his skull, that cannot be removed by surgery. He will begin radiation treatments soon. There have been many others aboard the Reagan who have similar stories.

So far he has lost one eye, and as now, partial use of one arm. His future doesn't look too bright. So yea! Lets start the next world war, and lets make it Nuke! 
[/quote]
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Online Mule 11

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2022, 09:38:44 AM »
Yeah... I  think there's  a dozen or so nuke power  plants and as many  nuke waste sights in Ukraine. . I would think all of those nuke sights are high priority on Russian radar.  In fact, I  am surprised  it took them so long to get to taking them under control. .The last thing they want is abandoned plants cooking off, or dirty bombs coming out of them poisoning their army.

Meanwhile, Joebama has sent a few B-52s to the region, reportedly landing in Hungary.
So that should calm things down! Yeah.

Btw. Just after Fukushima I got an app on my smart phone as a radiologic detector and dosimeter.

On the subject of radiation......I have mentioned before on the forum about my Grandson who was sent to Japan after the Fukushima thing. He was on the USS Reagan and worked in the water department of the ship. He was admitted to the Naval Hosp. in San D. Cal. upon the end of deployment with two large growing tumors behind his eye. He had another removed less than a year later. He has just had his second surgery in one moth to remove three more on his spine. He still has two growing near the base of his skull, that cannot be removed by surgery. He will begin radiation treatments soon. There have been many others aboard the Reagan who have similar stories.

So far he has lost one eye, and as now, partial use of one arm. His future doesn't look too bright. So yea! Lets start the next world war, and lets make it Nuke! 
Radiation is bad stuff. Sorry nw hunter. Nothing worse than when it affects our children...

Online DDZ

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2022, 08:13:00 AM »
Since nuclear threats are rising again, the perspective offered here by C.S. Lewis in 1948  — almost 75 years ago — is as relevant as ever and worthy of serious consideration… 🙏🏼

“In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. ‘How are we to live in an atomic age?’ I am tempted to reply: ‘Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.’
In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways. We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.
This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.”
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Online Mule 11

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2022, 09:11:32 AM »
Since nuclear threats are rising again, the perspective offered here by C.S. Lewis in 1948  — almost 75 years ago — is as relevant as ever and worthy of serious consideration… 🙏🏼

“In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. ‘How are we to live in an atomic age?’ I am tempted to reply: ‘Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.’
In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways. We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.
This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.”
We are all going to die. It’s what you do between now and then that matters. I could not believe my eyes when the roads were empty like curfew in South Korea. I think by me driving around gave others courage. Then the mask. Then the mandates. These are only taking the sideline until after the midterms and elections. Now we have open borders and blood suckers with empty souls and full bank accounts running roughshod over our country. Propagandists posing as reporters. So much disinformation and willingness to believe such. I’m ashamed of those who personally give up freedoms for lies...

Offline magooch

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2022, 05:07:24 PM »
Ya know the saying that the more things change, the more they stay the same.  Sixty years ago I was serving in the United States Air Force and our particular mission was to keep B-52s loaded with H-bombs circling the north pole 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.  Their job if needed was to turn the USSR into a nuclear wasteland.  There was nothing on this earth that could deter those planes if they got the word.

When President Kennedy addressed us via base intercom that we were on red alert, because he was ordering the Russians to remove their rockets from Cuba.  My first thought was--This is it, the end of the world.  Well here we go again.  This time though, we have a weakling moron for a President and the Russians have a power hungry mad man for a leader. 

I sure hope we still have some sort of unstopable strategy that the Russians know about and we can only pray that Joe Brandon can be overiden if this thing starts to get out of hand.
Swingem

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2022, 05:33:27 PM »
I remember the scattered bomb shelters various people would build, and the go to signs in courthouse basements ect.
Looking back I think how pathetic all that redneck uninformed effort really was.

Now, at 72 years old, I spent 21 years seeing what people were capable of doing to themselves, each other,  and me just because of who, and what I was.

All in all, I've had a good life, with its ups and downs, I've got kids, grandchildren, and even great grandchildren.

There's nuthin I can do about this world as I watch it loose its collective mind.  My focus is on God, and family. Thats all that really matter to me.

At my age, and limited physical abilities, my fighting capabilities are also limited. But I still have the skills, the knowledge,  and some experience. So forced, I'll damn sure fight.

But if I'm incinerated in a nuclear blast, or I die in my sleep, it ain't my call. God doesn't need a bomb, or a bullet, when its my time.

My job is to enjoy what God has blessed me with, and I just don't spend much time worrying, or even thinking about what will cause my demise.

You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett