Author Topic: Dog question..  (Read 1723 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Dog question..
« on: March 08, 2022, 11:28:30 AM »
As I reported earlier, I have been keeping an old dog at my house, just so she could live out her years  in comfort.
  She always had a habit of running off when she got a chance..but she would usually return after a half hour or so..  Well 2 Saturdays ago, she ran off, and hasn't been back since.

She had been a bit restless, wanting to stay to stay out, even in in the coldest weather.  It was 5 degrees F when she left and I haven't seen her since.

Some folks have told me that some dogs when they get old, will often leave home to seek out a place to die.

Have you ever heard that said before ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Dog question..
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 12:00:41 PM »
I have heard that, but have never seen it. Do you have close neighbors that might have taken her in?

I've wondered about that dog ever since you mentioned it a couple of weeks ago.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 12:12:29 PM »
As I reported earlier, I have been keeping an old dog at my house, just so she could live out her years  in comfort.
  She always had a habit of running off when she got a chance..but she would usually return after a half hour or so..  Well 2 Saturdays ago, she ran off, and hasn't been back since.

She had been a bit restless, wanting to stay to stay out, even in in the coldest weather.  It was 5 degrees F when she left and I haven't seen her since.

Some folks have told me that some dogs when they get old, will often leave home to seek out a place to die.

Have you ever heard that said before ?
No, every old dog I ever had laid down on my back  porch  to die .

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 12:53:27 PM »
Haven't seen hide nor hair of her since then.  My son thinks perhaps she was taken in, but if so it would seem I would have heard something by now, since the local dog warden has the info and I did place it on a local sharing page on Youtube.
  However, if somebody has taken her in and truly likes her, I hope she is happy and comfortable in her new home..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 12:09:05 AM »
our last lab loved our pond. It was his favorite place and is where we found him dead. I wonder if that dog had a favorite place at its last home and decided to head out to find it.
blue lives matter