Author Topic: Alabama First to Join Constitutional Carry Club in 2022  (Read 646 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Alabama First to Join Constitutional Carry Club in 2022
« on: March 12, 2022, 11:05:57 AM »
Alabama First to Join Constitutional Carry Club in 2022

The members of Gun Owners of America are making their voices heard in a big way!
From coast-to-coast, GOA-backed bills are getting passed by state legislatures and signed into law.

GOA's Erich Pratt speaks at the BamaCarry Freedom Conference in February, where he called for Alabama to pass Constitutional Carry.

A recent example occurred this Thursday, when Alabama became the 22nd state to enact a GOA-backed permitless carry law.

GOA activists had to overcome a mountain of opposition from turncoat politicians, Bloomberg-funded groups backing gun control, and even a radically anti-gun Sheriffs Association.

But Gov. Kay Ivey’s signature now culminates a ten-year long battle to enact the law, which shows that good things can happen to those who persevere.
GOA is thankful to all our members in the state who took action on our alerts – and to BamaCarry, the local state organization, which has been a driving force for Constitutional Carry over the years.

Thankfully, Alabama is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. In the days and weeks to come, GOA will be reporting on other states where we are working to dismantle gun control laws. So stay tuned!

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
Re: Alabama First to Join Constitutional Carry Club in 2022
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 11:08:56 AM »
I supported this all the way thru writing to my congress critters in Montgomery to help get it thru. Still I'm not sure it's a good thing. As it now stands over half the states in the nation accept Alabama gun carry permits.

Now with this Constitutional carry stuff passing everywhere there will be no permits and no states who recognize my right to carry as a non citizen of them. Personally I think this is a move in the wrong direction and will remain a wrong move until it passes the US Congress and thus covers all states.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 11:22:24 AM »
I supported this all the way thru writing to my congress critters in Montgomery to help get it thru. Still I'm not sure it's a good thing. As it now stands over half the states in the nation accept Alabama gun carry permits.

Now with this Constitutional carry stuff passing everywhere there will be no permits and no states who recognize my right to carry as a non citizen of them. Personally I think this is a move in the wrong direction and will remain a wrong move until it passes the US Congress and thus covers all states.

I am guessing you glossed over the part where you can still get a permit for the states who share reciprocity with Alabama....? 
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 12:05:12 PM »
We. Should not need a permit for a right guaranteed in our constitution. Just sayin as I know we all know that...
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 12:21:04 PM »
No I'm aware that's in there and is for all such states. But if ya still gotta buy a permit it hasn't helped now has it? Also I see those permits going much higher cuz the sheriff's will be selling fewer thus their off books income will drop drastically unless they raise the cost.

All I should need is the 2nd Amendment.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Online Mule 11

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 01:07:45 PM »
No I'm aware that's in there and is for all such states. But if ya still gotta buy a permit it hasn't helped now has it? Also I see those permits going much higher cuz the sheriff's will be selling fewer thus their off books income will drop drastically unless they raise the cost.

All I should need is the 2nd Amendment.
2nd Amendment. All we need...
Maybe we should send dictionaries to our “representatives”?

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 01:41:41 PM »
    Ivey only signed the bill because there others  that  wish   to send her into retirement . Had it not been a election year ,I dont know if it would have passed . 

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 04:47:49 PM »
I've heard Indiana, Ohio, and a few other states have passed this law, but are waiting on their governors to sign the.  Hopefully all the mountain, plains, southern, and most mid-western states will enact this.  Make it more than 30.  It kind of sends a message. 
Opelika Portal

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2022, 05:45:51 PM »
I've heard Indiana, Ohio, and a few other states have passed this law, but are waiting on their governors to sign the.  Hopefully all the mountain, plains, southern, and most mid-western states will enact this.  Make it more than 30.  It kind of sends a message.

My brother in law is an Ohio senator and he said they have the votes to over ride a veto.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Online Mule 11

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 03:17:35 AM »

My brother in law is an Ohio senator and he said they have the votes to over ride a veto.
That’s good because that little bastard dewine is a rino...

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 04:15:14 AM »

My brother in law would agree.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline magooch

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2022, 06:22:14 PM »
I have had a concealed carry permit for more years than I can remember, but I very seldom ever carry a weapon concealed, or not concealed.  There have been occasions when I came very close to having to use the gun, but I didn't and I am happy for that.  I know full well that if you pull your weapon, you are going to have to deal with the law and that is going to be bad.  I made up my mind that it is much safer to avoid situations where there is the possibility of trouble.  There are places I just won't go and sometimes the hardest thing is to just walk away from trouble, but it just isn't worth letting hostiles ruin your day.

A friend of mine practically begged me to sell him a gun, because he says he no longer can run from trouble like he could when he was younger.  We had a long talk and i still feel like most of the time it's much better to steer clear of trouble.  I suppose the best possible strategy would be to carry concealed and keep it concealed until there is no other way to avoid trouble.  I'm not sure I can always trust that I will be perfect under stress.

None of that in any way means that I am opposed to the Second Amendment and the ability to keep and bear arms.
Swingem

Online Mule 11

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2022, 06:16:55 AM »

Who does your bil think has a chance of unseating dewine in the midterms?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2022, 06:37:25 AM »

Who does your bil think has a chance of unseating dewine in the midterms?

I'll have toi ask him.

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2022, 09:29:55 AM »
  90% of the Alabama Sheriffs  came out against the  Bill .  Heard one being interviewed saying it is a defund the police  law .

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2022, 11:04:07 AM »
  90% of the Alabama Sheriffs  came out against the  Bill .  Heard one being interviewed saying it is a defund the police  law .

In a roundabout sort of way I guess it is. Sheriff's get to keep all funds from issuing permits and it's off books, they do not have to account for how it is spent and isn't considered when their regular budget is decided by whomever does that.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Online Mule 11

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2022, 11:08:58 AM »
It’s a unnecessary law that unfortunately needs to be pushed through even though the law, constitutional law say’s that this right is inalienable... this “Right” not privilege “shall not be infringed upon” What does that mean to you and Alabama’s Sheriffs?

Online Mule 11

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2022, 11:14:59 AM »
Everyone knows what our constitution and bill of rights say and mean. IMO. This has been decided a long time ago and our “representatives”??? Do not recognize our constitutional rights...

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2022, 11:15:11 AM »
Doesn't mean the same to them as it does to me obviously. I saw the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment are all the permit I need anywhere in the US.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2022, 12:53:28 PM »
  Kudos to Alabama..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)