Author Topic: Ukrainian soldiers torture Russian POWs  (Read 3659 times)

TM7

Ukrainian soldiers torture Russian POWs
« on: March 28, 2022, 03:57:24 AM »
Beat them, shoot them in the knees, shoot them in the crotch. A few videos in link below.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/03/shocking-videos-allegedly-show-ukrainians-shooting-torturing-russian-pows/

Then mock them to their families in Russia.

Doesn't look fake. Azoz Brigade are known for brutality.
If you're Russian- - don't surrender is the message.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Ukrainian soldiers torture Russian POWs
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 04:00:34 AM »
Good for the Ukrainian people.  Bomb their homes, kill their men, women, children, and elderly.  Destroy their towns, neighborhoods, hospitals.The Russians are getting what they deserve.
Make war on families, anything goes.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 06:57:21 AM »
yes sir. give the a taste of there own medicine!!!!!
Good for the Ukrainian people.  Bomb their homes, kill their men, women, children, and elderly.  Destroy their towns, neighborhoods, hospitals.The Russians are getting what they deserve.
Make war on families, anything goes.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 08:07:28 AM »
Watched some of the videos. Head shots seemed more appropriate for what they're doing to civilians. Putin deserves the same treatment.

No real way of knowing if its real, or Russian propaganda.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 11:17:46 AM »
I can stand against Putin without hating Russians, most of whom do not support the invasion. Further, according to Ukraine, Russia is using conscripts ... draftees ... who were lied to, and who evidently don't support the invasion either. And finally, if you just woke up because of the invasion, you missed 8 years of Ukraine committing atrocities on the people in the Donbass, which the UN, WHO, and others were tracking for human rights violations. Putin may be wrong to invade, but that doesn't make the Ukraine right, fair, good or just in their conduct. Putin Bad does not equal Ukraine Good, or Russia Bad.
held fast

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 11:44:55 AM »
Don't know much about the Ukrainian government, and I heard, and be it is as corrupt as Russia. It also seems to be Bidens, and other corrupt politicians "piggy bank". But I doubt all those civilian men, women, the elderly, and children Russia is bombing hell out of had much to do with it.
And what does what's going on with civilians now have to do with that?

I'm sure Putin and his army knew where Ukrainian military bases were before he started this crap. If he wanted to fight that's what he shoulda hit. But he chose to hit civilians.

As far as these "conscripts/draftees". Do they not know the difference between soldiers and civilians? Or do they even care?

As far as the UN, and the WHO, they've always been all hat, and no cattle, and are every bit as useless as NATO.

I'm for the United States totally sittin this one out, but I don't blame the Ukraine for defending itself.

Somebody shows up in your neighborhood popin of rounds, killing kids, women, and the elderly, what are you gonna do? Ask'em if they support the government that sent'em there? I think not.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 12:23:40 PM »
  I am reserving comment on many videos we see, whether Ukraine or Russian in origin.  Here is a video from the Ukraine side:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuaMpxtzo_0

I don't place any great reliability from either.. 

For Heaven's sake, there is a war going on there!  Each will be reaching for propaganda advantage..
   You ha e posted one from the Russian view..I have seen those kind.  I have also seen many such as
  below, from the Ukraine side.

History again a great teacher.  During WW2 the German army was unnecessarily brutal to the Russian peasants.. So , when the Russian army invaded Germany into Berlin..it was a brutality celebration of rape, pillage and murder.  So, there is a history there...

https://www.amazon.com/Bloody-Streets-Soviet-Assault-Berlin/dp/1912866137/ref=pd_lpo_3?pd_rd_i=1912866137&psc=1

Now let's look at the Ukraine soldier of today..  He goes of to fight the Russian army, which is parked in his front yard, has run armored vehicles around in his wheat field.  Perhaps his child was killed when her school was bombed..perhaps his home was destroyed and family killed while he was away serving.
  No doubt some will feel such outrage, that they may take out their rage on any Russians they can find !
   Just as some of the Russian troops did in Berlin in April & May 1945....

Don't forget, there are two acts which could likely stop this invasion in it's tracks..

A) Joe Biden take back our petroleum dominance in the world, and provide certain arms to the invaded nation.

B)  Putin..can pick up his toys and go home..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 12:40:53 PM »
I can stand against Putin without hating Russians, most of whom do not support the invasion. Further, according to Ukraine, Russia is using conscripts ... draftees ... who were lied to, and who evidently don't support the invasion either. And finally, if you just woke up because of the invasion, you missed 8 years of Ukraine committing atrocities on the people in the Donbass, which the UN, WHO, and others were tracking for human rights violations. Putin may be wrong to invade, but that doesn't make the Ukraine right, fair, good or just in their conduct. Putin Bad does not equal Ukraine Good, or Russia Bad.

Thanks for your input. Hope all is well in Alaska. I’m sure it’s no walk in the metro park...

Online Mule 11

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 12:43:23 PM »
  I am reserving comment on many videos we see, whether Ukraine or Russian in origin.  Here is a video from the Ukraine side:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuaMpxtzo_0

For Heaven's sake, there is a war going on there!  Each will be reaching for propaganda advantage..
   You ha e posted one from the Russian view..I have seen those kind.  I have also see many such as
  below, from the Ukraine side.

History again a great teacher.  During WW2 the German army was unnecessarily brutal to the Russian peasants.. So , when the Russian army invaded Germany into Berlin..it was a brutality celebration of rape, pillage and murder.  So, there is a history there...

https://www.amazon.com/Bloody-Streets-Soviet-Assault-Berlin/dp/1912866137/ref=pd_lpo_3?pd_rd_i=1912866137&psc=1

Now let's look at the Ukraine soldier of today..  He goes of to fight the Russian army, which is parked in his front yard, has run armored vehicles around in his wheat field.  Perhaps his cjhild was killed when her school was bombed..perhaps his home was destroyed and family kiled while he was away servingh.
  No doubt some will feel such outrage, that they may take out their rage on any Russians they can find !

Another one sided view. What I’m used too around here.

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2022, 12:45:20 PM »
During WWII, the Ukrainians hated the Russians and about 70,000 Ukrainian Cossacks joined the Germans to fight the Russians.  They were all either worked to death or shot for joining the Germans.  Several million Ukrainians were killed by Stalin in the 1920's and 30's because they didn't produce enough wheat.  They took the land from the farmers and made collective farms, and that made it worse.  Ukrainians were mistreated by the Russians, especially when they were under the communists.  My wife's family is from Ukraine, and they all hated the Russians and came to America to get away from all this mess. 

In the Middle Ages Ukrainians, Polish, and Lithuanians were all under one kingdom.  This old country was taken piecemeal by the Tzars of Russia, Prussia (which became Germany) and Austria-Hungary.  Until it was all carved up and no longer existed.  After WWI, they all became independent countries, except Ukraine which remained part of Russia under the Communists.  This is one reason Poland has taken in over 2.5 million Ukrainians as kindreds.  Under the Tzars Ukrainians were not forced to learn Russian, but under the Communists, they tried to force them to learn the Russian language.  Both are Slavic, but kind of like Italian and Spanish.  Similar words and phrases, but still different. 

Ukrainians hate Russians because of the Communists and what they did to them.
Opelika Portal

Online Mule 11

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2022, 12:50:05 PM »
During WWII, the Ukrainians hated the Russians and about 70,000 Ukrainian Cossacks joined the Germans to fight the Russians.  They were all either worked to death or shot for joining the Germans.  Several million Ukrainians were killed by Stalin in the 1920's and 30's because they didn't produce enough wheat.  They took the land from the farmers and made collective farms, and that made it worse.  Ukrainians were mistreated by the Russians, especially when they were under the communists.  My wife's family is from Ukraine, and they all hated the Russians and came to America to get away from all this mess. 

In the Middle Ages Ukrainians, Polish, and Lithuanians were all under one kingdom.  This old country was taken piecemeal by the Tzars of Russia, Prussia (which became Germany) and Austria-Hungary.  Until it was all carved up and no longer existed.  After WWI, they all became independent countries, except Ukraine which remained part of Russia under the Communists.  This is one reason Poland has taken in over 2.5 million Ukrainians as kindreds.  Under the Tzars Ukrainians were not forced to learn Russian, but under the Communists, they tried to force them to learn the Russian language.  Both are Slavic, but kind of like Italian and Spanish.  Similar words and phrases, but still different. 

From what I’ve read a lot of ukranians are Russians...

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2022, 01:04:13 PM »
The Donbas is heavily Russian.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 01:13:06 PM »

^^^ That's the real story..^^^
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online Mule 11

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 01:31:44 PM »

^^^ That's the real story..^^^
Well, there seems to be a lot of “real stories”

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2022, 01:42:29 PM »
Stalin moved Russians into some of the eastern regions of Ukraine after his Ukranian purges.  It is not all Russians there, but a lot.  Ukraine just wants to keep their former territory.  The Tzars didn't do this it was Stalin.  Same with Crimea.  Russia had a naval base and an air base there after the fall of the Soviet Union.  They had to pay Ukraine rent to keep them there.  So, Putin just took Crimea.  Also, a lot of Russian naval and air personnel retired there.  Ukraine didn't fight to try to get Crimea back.  Now the two eastern provinces that speak Russian voted to stay in Ukraine early on, but Russian backed rebel forces took part of these two provinces in the last few years.  Ukraine was in the process of taking them back, so I guess Russia invaded. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2022, 10:16:20 PM »
   Don't forget, there are two acts which could likely stop this invasion in it's tracks..

A) Joe Biden take back our petroleum dominance in the world, and provide certain arms to the invaded nation.

B)  Putin..can pick up his toys and go home.

that about sums it up. Argue it all you want but Ukraine did not invade russia and hasnt fired a single shot over the border. PUTIN STARTED THIS WAR, PERIOD END OF ARGUMENT. justify it and you open the door to any country thats bigger then its neighbor having free rein to kill and concur and when one gets big enough it could be our turn next and dont fool yourself into not believing that russia and china want us buried!!!
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2022, 01:10:45 AM »

Now let's look at the Ukraine soldier of today..  He goes of to fight the Russian army, which is parked in his front yard, has run armored vehicles around in his wheat field.  Perhaps his cjhild was killed when her school was bombed..perhaps his home was destroyed and family kiled while he was away serving.

Another one sided view. What I’m used too around here.

ONE SIDED VIEW ?   That's a laugh! :D ;D ;D :D ;D

Perhaps you should re-read it!

A)  I first  said.......
    " I don't place any great reliability on either."

B) Next I said....   
     "For Heaven's sake, there is a war going on there!  Each will be reaching for propaganda advantage..
   You have posted one from the Russian view..I have seen those kind.  I have also see many such as
  below, from the Ukraine side. "

C) Then I explained the how/why some Ukraine soldiers may have acted with brutality.....

"Now let's look at the Ukraine soldier of today..  He goes of to fight the Russian army, which is parked in his front yard, has run armored vehicles around in his wheat field.  Perhaps his cjhild was killed when her school was bombed..perhaps his home was destroyed and family killed while he was away serving.

D) Just as I explained how the Russian troops of WW2 were often brutal......

" History again a great teacher.  During WW2 the German army was unnecessarily brutal to the Russian peasants.. So , when the Russian army invaded Germany into Berlin..it was a brutality celebration of rape, pillage and murder.  So, there is a history there..".

How could I have been more even-handed?  Please explain..

Online Mule 11

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2022, 03:56:12 AM »
Elementary, laughing boy. This subject is multifaceted. There are more than two sides or black and white. If interested in another angle? Go to wnd.com and look at the article about hunter bidens laptop now a national security threat. What does that have to do with Russia and Ukraine? Guess you’ll have to read the article.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2022, 05:58:29 AM »

I agree completely!  Yeah, this is a much different perspective than what is being preached daily by our media. Which is Russia bad, Ukraine good.  We have no business helping Ukraine at all, in the way of arms, or personal. Humanitarian aid is different.  The Biden regime, along with the media is trying to get people on board with going to war with Russia, and from what I see they are doing a damn good job of it. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2022, 05:58:43 AM »

B)  Putin..can pick up his toys and go home.

that about sums it up. Argue it all you want but Ukraine did not invade russia and hasnt fired a single shot over the border. PUTIN STARTED THIS WAR, PERIOD END OF ARGUMENT. justify it and you open the door to any country thats bigger then its neighbor having free rein to kill and concur and when one gets big enough it could be our turn next and dont fool yourself into not believing that russia and china want us buried!!!
  THAT is exactly right!

DM

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2022, 06:19:12 AM »
IG said
  Now let's look at the Ukraine soldier of today..  He goes of to fight the Russian army, which is parked in his front yard, has run armored vehicles around in his wheat field.  Perhaps his cjhild was killed when her school was bombed..perhaps his home was destroyed and family kiled while he was away serving.

War is Hell, and it brings out the mean side of anyone. Killing an invader, especially one who has killed a loved one is acceptable. Taking one a prisoner, and then torturing them is not.We can expect these things to occur, and they do. Things that happen on the battlefield should remain on the battlefield.Still doesn't make it the right or honorable thing to do. My God given conscience would not allow me to do it.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2022, 06:31:35 AM »
Don't know much about the Ukrainian government, and I heard, and be it is as corrupt as Russia. It also seems to be Bidens, and other corrupt politicians "piggy bank". But I doubt all those civilian men, women, the elderly, and children Russia is bombing hell out of had much to do with it.

I'm sure Putin and his army knew where Ukrainian military bases were before he started this crap. If he wanted to fight that's what he shoulda hit. But he chose to hit civilians.

As far as these "conscripts/draftees". Do they not know the difference between soldiers and civilians? Or do they even care?

As far as the UN, and the WHO, they've always been all hat, and no cattle, and are every bit as useless as NATO.

I'm for the United States totally sittin this one out, but I don't blame the Ukraine for defending itself.

Somebody shows up in your neighborhood popin of rounds, killing kids, women, and the elderly, what are you gonna do? Ask'em if they support the government that sent'em there? I think not.

No! You try to take out as many as you can to protect your family and country. But you don't torture a prisoner. after they are captured. Some can and will though. War is Hell and it can bring out the dark side of us.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2022, 07:00:59 AM »
I consider destroying ones home, and neighborhood, and putting the wife, children, and grandparents out in the cold without food, water, or shelter "torture and suffering". And that's what the Russian soldiers are doing to the civilian population. To hell with'em.
These Russian soldiers had no problem torturing these families until they got captured.  I don't believe in "civilized war".
The Russians should be grateful they aren't attacking Comanches, or Apaches..

Wanna be an enemy? The rules are, there ain't no rules.

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2022, 07:04:08 AM »
I consider destroying ones home, and neighborhood, and putting the wife, children, and grandparents out in the cold without food, water, or shelter "torture". And that's what the Russian soldiers are doing to the civilian population. To hell with'em.
I guess you were ok with all the US beheadings in Iraq and Afghanistan then.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline Dee

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2022, 07:15:14 AM »
I consider destroying ones home, and neighborhood, and putting the wife, children, and grandparents out in the cold without food, water, or shelter "torture". And that's what the Russian soldiers are doing to the civilian population. To hell with'em.

We shouldn't have been in Iraq in the 1st place, and GW Bush promised to get out of Afghanistan as soon as the training camps were destroyed. That was about 18 months. We stayed in Afghanistan for 20 years. You ok with that?
We stayed in Iraq 18 years. You ok with that? How many Iraqis, and Afghanis did the United States kill. You ok with that?

Many Americans like to play the uUnited States as the victim in those wars. You ok with that?
People that don't fight in wars make up rules to make killing appear more civilized. I've seen lots of killing,  and none of it was remotely civilized.

Somebody does sumthin to one of YOUR kids, how civilized are you gonna be? ::)

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2022, 07:30:32 AM »

We shouldn't have been in Iraq in the 1st place, and GW Bush promised to get out of Afghanistan as soon as the training camps were destroyed. That was about 18 months. We stayed in Afghanistan for 20 years. You ok with that?
We stayed in Iraq 18 years. You ok with that? How many Iraqis, and Afghanis did the United States kill. You ok with that?

Many Americans like to play the uUnited States as the victim in those wars. You ok with that?
People that don't fight in wars make up rules to make killing appear more civilized. I've seen lots of killing,  and none of it was remotely civilized.

So, I guess the answer is yes. 
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline Dee

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2022, 07:34:34 AM »
You can guess at anything you want. Its a stupid question, and doesn't deserve an answer.  ::)

So, I guess the answer is yes.

Answer mine.  Yours falls into the stupid question category and doesn't deserve an answer.  ::)

LOL

Offline magooch

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2022, 07:47:36 AM »

Right on, right on.
Swingem

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2022, 08:23:20 AM »
Answer mine.  Yours falls into the stupid question category and doesn't deserve an answer.  ::)
Stupid?  Then I guess the entire thread falls into the same category. 

It does not matter the why of war, specially once the shooting starts.  We were told to occupy Afghanistan, so we occupied Afghanistan.  We were told to occupy Iraq, so we occupied it too.  Sometimes the soldier has no idea on the why, at least not at the heat of the moment.  We lost thousands of civilians in the 9/11 attack, men, women and children, did that give us license to capture and torture their soldiers (or combatants)?  Now, let's discuss torture, because some bleeding heart will eventually come on here and say we also tortured our prisoners.  All the, known, interrogation tactics I seen used were no more than what they did to us in SERE school, which I do not consider torture.  Though I am sure there may have been some Black sites, no permanent injury was done to any prisoners that I seen or am aware of, mental? Sure, and there may be some weak minded ones that couldn't recover, so it is what it is.  But we never beheaded a single prisoner, or intentionally caused more harm than necessary to meet the objective.  Yes, our weapons dismembered a few, but well, war is hell.  The US has done everything that Russia is accused of doing, including incinerating entire cities.  We have gone to war for reasons that, arguably, turned out to be of our own doing, or that of our allies.  IMO torture is inhumane, and serves no real purpose but to harden the resolve of the enemy giving them no out but to fight to the death.  It happens, in every war, but it is not our policy because as I said, it serves no purpose, and I on a personal level, do not condone it, no matter which side does it or their reasoning for it. 
~Pericles~

Offline Dee

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2022, 09:05:15 AM »
Stupid?  Then I guess the entire thread falls into the same category. 

It does not matter the why of war, specially once the shooting starts.  We were told to occupy Afghanistan, so we occupied Afghanistan.  We were told to occupy Iraq, so we occupied it too.  Sometimes the soldier has no idea on the why, at least not at the heat of the moment.  We lost thousands of civilians in the 9/11 attack, men, women and children, did that give us license to capture and torture their soldiers (or combatants)?  Now, let's discuss torture, because some bleeding heart will eventually come on here and say we also tortured our prisoners.  All the, known, interrogation tactics I seen used were no more than what they did to us in SERE school, which I do not consider torture.  Though I am sure there may have been some Black sites, no permanent injury was done to any prisoners that I seen or am aware of, mental? Sure, and there may be some weak minded ones that couldn't recover, so it is what it is.  But we never beheaded a single prisoner, or intentionally caused more harm than necessary to meet the objective.  Yes, our weapons dismembered a few, but well, war is hell.  The US has done everything that Russia is accused of doing, including incinerating entire cities.  We have gone to war for reasons that, arguably, turned out to be of our own doing, or that of our allies.  IMO torture is inhumane, and serves no real purpose but to harden the resolve of the enemy giving them no out but to fight to the death.  It happens, in every war, but it is not our policy because as I said, it serves no purpose, and I on a personal level, do not condone it, no matter which side does it or their reasoning for it. 
Well, considering your last post, we agree on some issues, and not so much on others.

It easy to try to  justify military actions if your the "occupier. Your judgment of the Ukrainians treatment of prisoners you compare to American beheadings in Iraq and Afghanistan I find odd.

Whether one agrees or not, the Afghans, and the Iraqis, like the Ukrainians were and are fighting for their families, and their homes, and their way of life.

In Afghanistan, and Iraq, the United States was "the occupier". The "interloper", bombing, and shooting, both enemy and civilian.

Russia is the interloper in the Ukraine. For the Russian soldier to kill and destroy, until he is no longer unable to kill and destroy for whatever reason, to expect humane treatment while standing in the rubble of his captors family, and life, truly is unrealistic.

You speak of the carnage of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq rather casually, and cavalier in terms of the death and destruction caused by the United States military to the civilians of both countries. "War is hell" I believe is how you put it, using a rather worn out phrase.
You seem ok with that, but concerned about prisoner treatment. Strange indeed.

When your part of the war was done you went home. They were left with the loss, and destruction.

I'm not Achilles, and you ain't Spartacus and you might see things differently if you were standing in the ruins of your own life with family members lying around, and the guys that did it were standin there apologizing with their hands up.

So as for the Ukrainian treatment of Russian invaders: I won't judge a man for a fight I'm not in.