Author Topic: May 4, 1970 riot at Kent State.  (Read 348 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
May 4, 1970 riot at Kent State.
« on: April 27, 2022, 12:28:09 AM »
  We were reminded by Newsmax this morning of the riot that was planned and executed by students at Kent state in Ohio.
  Wow!  How things have changed in just 52 years!  At least some people in 1970, felt that although it was a tragedy, the students had brought it upon themselves. 
  ..But now, our culture has deteriorated so far, that a considerable part of our population, doesn't believe that even the worst kind of criminals should be apprehended by force.

It us sad that four students died and nine were injured, the worst part of the incident is that  those rioting students brought sudden death to some students who were not involved in their riot.

BTW: The students were advised by the administration, to either remain quiet or preferrably, to go home for the weekend.

I can recall that day, and my first question was.."Were they told to halt...and DID they do so?"  ...But that was a different time...

What did they think the national guard was called for....to allow themselves to be run over..or exchange boquets with the rioters?

I do think killing them was unduly harsh, and the call to fire was far too hasty..  if they clashed with the line of troops..first move should have been 'verticle butt stroke series', which would perhaps have saved those lives.

A prime contributor to the problem, were parents who did not teach their offspring about how disordliness and riot could lead to serious consequences.

The guardsmen were charged, but none convicted..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: May 4, 1970 riot at Kent State.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 12:41:02 AM »
I remember it well and said at the time that they should have been there for learning not demonstrating.

In this day and time, they riot if the college invites a conservative speaker, and they beat the speaker and pelt him/her with rocks.

Funds should be withdrawn from colleges that only teach one side.
Students should be expelled when they lift a hand at another person, and then arrested.

Every night on the news we saw "students" spitting on soldiers and sailors.  Despicable.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 01:21:53 AM »
I was parts manager in a farm equipment company at the time.  We were a growing firm and very busy, especially in May, being the start of vigorous planting season here.
  I had a college student who working Saturdays for me, in the parts department.  The word was out  over the media, that Kent State students were acting rebellous, and something may happen there.

Tom was working with me on that weekend,  so I asked him how it was he didn't stick around the
   campus that weekend.  He told me that th estudents were advised to go home, or barring that, don't
   join in any stupid gatherings.

"Besides", he said..  "I would rather be home and earning som emoney long with it."

Tom went on to become a US congressman..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 02:28:47 AM »
Kent State has been used on GBO several times in the past demonstrating that US troops will fire on American citizens.

I'm curious as to what Newsmaxs' point was to bring it up this morning, as it it isn't yet the anniversary of that riot.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 03:43:21 AM »
From BUGEYE:
So you are in favor of withdrawing funds of "Christian" and conservative colleges?
GuzziJohn

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 04:04:24 AM »
From BUGEYE:
So you are in favor of withdrawing funds of "Christian" and conservative colleges?
GuzziJohn

It is a double edged sword isn't it.

When preachers were really preachers, they were giving Lyndon Baines Johnson hell from the pulpit for his crooked election stealing, and other political crimes. Until "The Johnson Act", there were no 401C3 churches. In other words, shut up or be taxed.

Colleges charge enormous fees and yet, get government funding. Like farmers, they're on the government tit, gettin that's free money from the taxpayers.

Like the farmers, colleges should either stand, or fail based on their own merit,  but like farmers, they are leeches, sucking out taxpayer dollars they feel entitled to.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2022, 10:13:41 AM »
From BUGEYE:
GuzziJohn
You probably won't find many CHRISTIANS beating up or stoning atheists/liberals because they don't believe as conservatives do.
I don't contribute to any college, but if I did, I would stop if the college became a battle ground.

It seems that most state colleges have become liberal cesspools that do not condone conservative thinking.
When my daughter was in college she and some friends majored in guitar hero for a semester.
A stern warning that I would withhold her personal funds and take her car if she didn't shape up, did the job.
A stern warning from me put her back
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline TrumpWon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 01:08:05 PM »
At least when we conservatives riot it’s for a just cause like stolen elections

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2022, 01:33:40 PM »
From BUGEYE:
GuzziJohn

Does your Mennonite college teach both sides?  If you answer that they do, then by your own definition, tey would not be a Christian college.

Most Christian colleges di teach both!  Still, more and more scientists are coming to the light.

Here, Dr Steven Meyer writes of "The Return of The God Hypothesis".  Dr James Tour explains the microbiology puts the lie to Darwin..

You haven't been teaching the anti-God gibberish, have you?..Better get with it Guzzi, the swing of real science is turning back to God..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FKmIDApbe0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU7Lww-sBPg