Author Topic: America's Greatest Terrorist Threat?  (Read 746 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
America's Greatest Terrorist Threat?
« on: April 28, 2022, 06:56:01 AM »
When asked by Rep. Bernie Thompson a Democrat from Mississippi, what the greatest terrorist threat facing America was today. This was his response.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas testified in the House Homeland Security Committee today that “domestic violent extremism” was the greatest terrorist threat facing the American people in the American homeland.
“Mr. Chairman, it is our assessment that domestic violent extremism poses the greatest terrorism-related threat to our homeland and we have taken a number of steps in the Department of Homeland Security to meet this consequential challenge,” Mayorkas responded.

“First, our Office of Intelligence and Analysis created a separate section in its office to focus on this particular threat stream,” Mayorkas continued.

“Second, we have disseminated an unprecedented number of intelligence and information projects, products, to state and local law enforcement so that they are equipped to recognize and address the challenge in their respective jurisdictions,” he said.

“We also created the Center for Prevention Programs and Partnership—we call it CP3--to equip and resource communities to recognize and address the challenge within their boundaries,” said Mayorkas. “We believe that empowerment of local communities and state and local law enforcement is the best vehicle to address this challenged today.”

In his written testimony, Mayorkas expanded on this theme.

“In the years immediately following the September 11th terrorist attacks, the Department focused on foreign terrorists who sought to harm us within our borders and threaten our interests abroad,” said Mayorkas in his written testimony.

“This threat evolved to include homegrown violent extremists (HVEs)—the individuals in America who are primarily inspired by a foreign terrorist organization’s ideology—and has continued to evolve to include those fueled by a wide range of violent extremist ideologies and grievances, including domestic violent extremists (DVEs),” said Mayorkas’ written testimony.

“DVEs are U.S.-based lone actors and small networks who seek to further political or social goals wholly or in part through unlawful acts of force or violence, without direction or inspiration from a foreign terrorist group of foreign power,” said the secretary’s written testimony.

“These actors are motivated by various factors, including biases against minorities, perceived government intrusion, conspiracy theories promoting violence, and false narratives often spread online,” Mayorkas said in his written testimony.

“Today, U.S.-based lone actors and small networks who are inspired by a broad range of violent ideologies, including HVEs and DVEs, pose the most significant and persistent terrorism-related threat to the homeland,” said the DHS secretary.

“The Intelligence Community assesses that racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists (RMVEs) who advocate for the superiority of the white race, including white supremacists, and militia violent extremists (MVEs), present the most lethal DVE movement in the homeland,” Mayorkas said in his written testimony.

“Per a March 2021 DVE assessment by DHS, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC), RMVEs are most likely to conduct mass-casualty attacks against civilians, while MVEs typically target law enforcement, elected officials, and government personnel and facilities,” Mayorkas said in his written testimony.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: America's Greatest Terrorist Threat?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 07:28:19 AM »
In other words, you, me, and any other conservative in the country.

Typical liberal smoke screen.
THEY accuse us of what THEY are doing.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 07:52:12 AM »
No that sounds like a back-assward way of saying BLM and far left hate.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 12:48:23 PM »
Our southern border.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 02:24:34 PM »
No that sounds like a back-assward way of saying BLM and far left hate.
Get new glasses, nowhere do they alude to the actual threat of BLM and ANTIFA, but surely does point directly at many of us that think this administration and many of it's federal agencies have now become the enemy.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 02:26:03 PM »
Our southern border.

This ^ ^ ^
And all those burning homes and businesses
and police cars and looting

Funny,  maybe I'm just old and forgetful,
but I don't remember the washington "rioters "
burning anything or looting any stores
and such.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 04:16:24 PM »
  ..And just today Mayorkas announced a ministry of disinformation board..

I just posted a thread concerning this new "propaganda and public information ministry",
  calling it....  "Democrats Gestapo on the rise".

Like "Big Brother' of "1984"..we now have 3 similar Joes...Joseph Stalin, Joseph Goebbels and Joseph Biden..!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 04:41:01 PM »
  ..And just today Mayorkas announced a ministry of disinformation board..

I just posted a thread concerning this new "propaganda and public information ministry",
  calling it....  "Democrats Gestapo on the rise".

Like "Big Brother' of "1984"..we now have 3 similar Joes...Joseph Stalin, Joseph Goebbels and Joseph Biden..!

Well, now there are two threads on the subject.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 03:52:17 AM »
Yet we support and fund violent extremism in Ukr.

I sure don't support the brutal, uncalled for and unauthorized invasion of that sovereign country.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2022, 04:27:50 AM »

I sure don't support the brutal, uncalled for and unauthorized invasion of that sovereign country.

Nope, but your silence speaks volumes on the lack of support for your own country which is also being invaded. The shooting, killing, and dieing has already started on the border, it just hasn't gotten to your yard yet.

"YOUR" is used collectively, not specifically.

Americans are so easily distracted by misery thousands of miles away, that they ignore their own, and blame it on their government.

Offline orerancher

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2022, 09:26:03 AM »
Americans are so easily distracted by misery thousands of miles away, that they ignore their own, and blame it on their government.

If it's not the Government's Fault the Border is overrun...Who's Fault is It?

The Fed. Government is the Only Thing that can Shut It down...And They Ain't Gonna....

If I was to Saddle up a Posses of Americans and come down There and Start Stoppin Them Invaders....The Texas Law Officers would Turn on US in a Heartbeat....

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2022, 10:00:02 AM »

If it's not the Government's Fault the Border is overrun...Who's Fault is It?

The Fed. Government is the Only Thing that can Shut It down...And They Ain't Gonna....

If I was to Saddle up a Posses of Americans and come down There and Start Stoppin Them Invaders....The Texas Law Officers would Turn on US in a Heartbeat....

Likely true to that extreme. The whole point is, "lack of interest". Which nobody can do anything about, and folks such as myself need to stop bringing it up. So, I will.

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 04:35:27 AM »
I have often wounder if a class action suit could be brought against the gov for not following the laws on the books.

Offline magooch

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 04:54:08 AM »
I have often wounder if a class action suit could be brought against the gov for not following the laws on the books.

Obviously a valid point, but we all know exactly how far that action would get.  It wouldn't make it past the first liberal judge that reviewed it.
Swingem

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2022, 11:19:30 AM »
I guess I didn't get the memo that rocketing, and bombing civilian populations was now considered "diplomacy". Times is changing.  8)

You do if you support Joebama and NATO sending bazillion dollars of aid to throw gasoline on the fire instead of allowing diplomacy to prevail.

And you do if you tolerate Field Marshall Joebama to carry on an outright invasion of our own borders deploying migrant waves in place of the Red Army, or should I say the CCP Army.

Online Mule 11

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2022, 12:19:00 PM »
I guess I didn't get the memo that rocketing, and bombing civilian populations was now considered "diplomacy". Times is changing.  8)

You do if you support Joebama and NATO sending bazillion dollars of aid to throw gasoline on the fire instead of allowing diplomacy to prevail.

And you do if you tolerate Field Marshall Joebama to carry on an outright invasion of our own borders deploying migrant waves in place of the Red Army, or should I say the CCP Army.

It’s called the war machine. Which squeaky wheel are you greasing? BTW if you have not noticed the Time for diplomacy was pissed on. Diplomats failed which equals war and suffering... Now per the 50% er’s we should keep kicking the nuclear bear. You go man...