Author Topic: Tucker Carlson  (Read 711 times)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Tucker Carlson
« on: June 01, 2022, 02:34:11 PM »
If you watched Tucker tonight you saw something scary.
The Canadian government is taking away most of the guns and LEGALIZING FENTANYL.
You could carry enough of that stuff in your pockets to kill everyone in Canada.
They have become a police state and as Tucker said, the democrats here are making notes on what Trudeau is doing so they can do the same.

Naysayers will say it'll never happen here but you can bet that the democrats are planning on destroying the Constitution.
It really got rolling under osama obama when he said the Constitution was an outdated document.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Tucker Carlson
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 03:25:06 PM »
Never heard him
Radio host or television?
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 04:23:43 PM »
Ironglow had a similar thread but I wanted to emphasize the FENTANYL.
That’s the deadliest drug out there as far as I know.
The difference between getting high or “getting” dead is so minuscule that you can be dead before any help arrives.
EVERY democrat in D.C. wants the same thing.
That party is a band of murderers and thieves.

I know that some will say let the druggies die, but most of them have a Momma or someone who cares about them.
Back in the early 80’s I kicked codeine after back surgery and ended my dependency on tramadol just a few weeks ago from back surgery in 2010.
So they can be cleaned up.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 10:35:00 AM »
The good news is since Trudeau wants to ban handguns in Canada, at the same time he wants to legalize all drugs including Fentanyl.
Brilliant move..!

Also castro err true doe is importing more ky jelly to make these accommodations easier to “take”

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 11:01:14 AM »
The difference between getting high or “getting” dead is so minuscule that you can be dead before any help arrives.

I know that some will say let the druggies die, but most of them have a Momma or someone who cares about them.
Back in the early 80’s I kicked codeine after back surgery and ended my dependency on tramadol just a few weeks ago from back surgery in 2010.

Question about Tramadol. Were you actually addicted to Tramadol? The reason I'm asking is, I take it for neck pain, but have had periods where I don't need or take it for months.I didn't miss them when I was off them.I hear the chance of addiction to it is small compared to other opiate drugs. At my age, If I truly needed any drug to keep me going, I would take whatever drug was necessary to function. By function, I don't mean to drive or operate heavy machinery lol!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 11:09:08 AM »

Question about Tramadol. Were you actually addicted to Tramadol? The reason I'm asking is, I take it for neck pain, but have had periods where I don't need or take it for months.I didn't miss them when I was off them.I hear the chance of addiction to it is small compared to other opiate drugs. At my age, If I truly needed any drug to keep me going, I would take whatever drug was necessary to function. By function, I don't mean to drive or operate heavy machinery lol!

Some folks are more prone to addiction. You likely have better mental awareness than those types. You take it only when you need it.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 11:27:10 AM »

I had taken them for over 11 years and yes I was physically addicted.
I was taking 3 a day and when I cut down to 2, my legs would feel like they were full of worms eating me from the inside.
I’m now allergic to codeine, morphine, etc.
But I would say that the way you take them you shouldn’t be concerned.
Remember, I took 3 a day every day for more than 11 years.

The way I did it was take 2 3/4 pills for a month, then 2 1/2 pills for a month, cutting down 1/4 pill at a time.
When I kicked codeine I went cold turkey.
But the hardest thing I’ve ever done is quit cigarettes.
I’ve been quit more than 30 years (since first heart attack) but I could still smoke one a mile long.:)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 11:31:18 AM »
I think some probably have a strong propensity to be addicted to something. Others not so much.One of my Brothers (deceased) had a terrible addiction to alcohol.It cost him his friends, family and life.I never knew him to do drugs. Booze was his demon. His last few years, he never spoke to me. Thought I was the enemy because I quit enabling him.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2022, 11:52:15 AM »
I think some probably have a strong propensity to be addicted to something. Others not so much.One of my Brothers (deceased) had a terrible addiction to alcohol.It cost him his friends, family and life.I never knew him to do drugs. Booze was his demon. His last few years, he never spoke to me. Thought I was the enemy because I quit enabling him.

I have a cousin that is happier drunk, and a step grandson that isn't allowed on my place. Both are emotionally weak, and prone to over reaction on the slightest thing.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2022, 12:03:22 PM »

Some folks are more prone to addiction. You likely have better mental awareness than those types. You take it only when you need it.
Well, well, the truth comes out.
It was not necessarily the 19 cowards in Uvalde that caused you to get your panties in a wad, it was your hatred of me.
This thread was about a legitimate problem in this country but you can’t participate like a normal human, you have to take cheap shots.
So, give it your best shot, I won’t back away, I’m not one of those scared citizens you brutalized beside the road.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 12:09:44 PM »

It was not necessarily the 19 cowards in Uvalde that caused you to get your panties in a wad, it was your hatred of me.
This thread was about a legitimate problem in this country but you can’t participate like a normal human, you have to take cheap shots.
So, give it your best shot, I won’t back away, I’m not one of those scared citizens you brutalized beside the road.

Excuse me, but I was having a conversation with nw_hunter about 2 of my relatives with addiction issues. Your problems are yours, and your own paranoia is what's working your head right now.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 12:14:09 PM »
  Dee was spot on, and surely his LEO experience told him..that individuals differ greatly in their potential for addiction..
  Some folks try something or are given a prescription,  and slide right into addiction...others may try the same thing..and never bother with it again.  Those of us who have never been addicted, cannot afford to cast aspersions upon those who have. 
  It may be possible that we just haven't happened into something that would grab us.

Certainly fentanyl is a very deadly drug.. https://www.dea.gov/resources/facts-about-fentanyl

Fentanyl is a counterfeit opioid, and very concentrated, so evil drug dealers  (any other kind?) are mixing the much more potent and cheaper fentanyl    and selling it as cocaine.  The illicit drugs sold on the street are particularly deadly.

Here, from the above CDC article;

Producing illicit fentanyl is not an exact science.  Two milligrams of fentanyl can be lethal depending on a person’s body size, tolerance and past usage.  DEA analysis has found counterfeit pills ranging from .02 to 5.1 milligrams (more than twice the lethal dose) of fentanyl per tablet.

42% of pills tested for fentanyl contained at least 2 mg of fentanyl, considered a potentially lethal dose.
Drug trafficking organizations typically distribute fentanyl by the kilogram.  One kilogram (2.2 lbs) of fentanyl has the potential to kill 500,000 people.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 12:20:13 PM »

Excuse me, but I was having a conversation with nw_hunter about 2 of my relatives with addiction issues. Your problems are yours, and your own paranoia is what's working your head right now.
If you wanted to take a cheap shot at me you could have used one of your own threads, just saying.

Talking about your relatives afflictions with NW is a little different than talking about my mental acuity.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2022, 12:25:24 PM »
  Dee was spot on, and surely his LEO experience told him..that individuals differ greatly in their potential for addiction..
  Dome folks try something and slide right into addiction...other try the same thing..and never bother with it again.  Those of us who have never been addicted, cannot afford to cast aspersions upon those
  who have.  it is just possible that we just haven't happened into something that would grab us.

Certainly fentanyl (sp?) is a very deadly drug..

Exactly! I spent my career working narcotics. I dealt with about every abused drug out there, and about every type of abuser. All of'em had their excuses for why they abused, but it usually boiled down to a drug induced state was their choice over reality.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2022, 12:41:57 PM »
  Dome folks try something and slide right into addiction...other try the same thing..and never bother with it again.  Those of us who have never been addicted, cannot afford to cast aspersions upon those
  who have.  it is just possible that we just haven't happened into something that would grab us.

Certainly fentanyl (sp?) is a very deadly drug..

Exactly! I spent my career working narcotics. I dealt with about every abused drug out there, and about every type of abuser. All of'em had their excuses for why they abused, but it usually boiled down to a drug induced state was their choice over reality.
  Dee, with your experience, help me to learn..
  I have often thought that many of the street addicts, become addicted  because they are not working, idle, bored..and try to entertain themselves in their idleness, instead of going to work.
  Does that fit some profiles?

Why do teenagers start?  Do some of these illicit drugs seem to spike their sex lives...or is it just an effort to "drop out"?

Again, would a hard working job help these teens from drugs? My friends and I when young, were either hard working farm kids..or working hard at some other trade, and none ever got into drugs.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2022, 01:00:45 PM »
For every mom and dad tellin their kids to leave alcohol, and drugs alone, there a15 or 20 kids and adults tempting them to try either.

Lindas parents were weekend drunks. Her first husband was a full time alcoholic (a polite title for a drunk). Everybody in her family had been arrested at least once for public intox.
Linda doesn't drink or smoke, and married a cop that can stretch a six-pack of beer into 6 months,  and a 5th of bourbon into 1 year plus.

I know preachers kids that are dope heads or drunks, and I know preachers whose parents are dope heads or drunks.

I've always believed that these dopers and drunks have a weakness in their character, and like the altered mental state better than reality.

If they're drunks, they miss half their lives. If narcotics is their choice, they're always on the edge, and fly off in an irrational direction.

It's just the difference in personality, and personal strengths, or lack thereof.
It's just how some people are I guess.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2022, 04:57:16 PM »
I recall being prescribed tramadol a long time ago. I never did really understand why. The doctor said it might help with my sleep issues. I have both insomnia and apnea. I couldn't see any benefit from it so I stopped getting it.

I was prescribed both Tylenol 3 and later Tylenol 4 for pain which I have plenty of. At one point they were giving me 270 pills every 90 days. Luckily I never got hooked and honestly don't see how folks do but each body and mind are different and react differently to such things.

I took those 3 pills a day for awhile but just didn't feel like my pain was lessened by it. So I began cutting back and felt no increase in the pain. So I just stopped and tossed the remaining pills. Wow no increase in pain. It seems to me that none of the pills I've been prescribed have ever lessened the pain I have all the time. So I just learned to deal with it. Pain lets you know you are alive.

There were some other pills the doctor gave me that he said was to help me sleep but sleep didn't seem to improve. So I stopped taking them and big surprise no change in my poor sleep.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2022, 05:07:20 PM »
I've had morphine in the hospital
for pain from surgeries and injuries
and it helped tremendously without
making my innards bleed.
Doctor from years back would prescribe
me a handful of good opiate pain
relievers if I'd injured myself, back
strain, severely wrenched knee, etc.
pretty much on my word.
Never had a problem with any of it.
And they didn't cost a wallet full
of cash either. Last I remember
getting was like $3.25 or so.
We've had all the opiate crisis
and such since then and now
good inexpensive useful medicine
is extremely difficult to get because
of the few
Isn't it always?
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2022, 06:12:59 PM »
Gosh, after reading this thread I feel either lucky, or blessed that I have never taken any kind of drug and have never even had a sip of beer, or any other alcoholic liquid that I know of.  If that sounds crazy, so be it and at 79 I think I'll be content to keep it that way. 

I certainly don't want to sound critical of others who have had pain and such to deal with--just very happy to do without.
Swingem

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2022, 06:25:42 PM »
Gosh, after reading this thread I feel either lucky, or blessed that I have never taken any kind of drug and have never even had a sip of beer, or any other alcoholic liquid that I know of.  If that sounds crazy, so be it and at 79 I think I'll be content to keep it that way. 

I certainly don't want to sound critical of others who have had pain and such to deal with--just very happy to do without.
Consider yourself blessed.
For those who become addicted it’s a nightmare.
And having walked in their shoes, I cut the addicts a little slack because they need serious help.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye