Author Topic: Biden Signs $13B Gun Control Law, Vows 'Much More Work to Do'  (Read 834 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
https://www.newsmax.com/headline/gun-control-joe-biden-spending-second-amendment/2022/06/25/id/1076044/

President Joe Biden on Saturday signed into law the first major federal gun reform in three decades, days after a decision he condemned by the Supreme Court expanding firearm owners' rights.

"God willing, it's going to save a lot of lives," Biden said at the White House after signing the bill with his wife Jill by his side.

The bipartisan bill came together just weeks after mass shootings in Uvalde and Buffalo that killed more than 30 people, including 19 children at an elementary school.

The law includes provisions to help states keep guns out of the hands of those deemed to be a danger to themselves or others.

The reform came the same week as the Supreme Court expanded gun owners' rights, saying on Thursday for the first time that the U.S. Constitution protected an individual's ability to carry a handgun in public for self-defense.

"The Supreme Court has made some terrible decisions," Biden told reporters after that ruling, and another on Friday that eliminated the right to abortion nationwide.

Gun control has long been a divisive issue in the nation with several attempts to put new controls on gun sales failing time after time.

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

Your Email Address
Zip Code
(Optional for Local News)
Sign Me Up
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Biden, who is looking to improve sagging public approval ratings ahead of Nov. 8 midterm elections for control of Congress, made securing victories on gun control a part of his campaign pitch to voters.

The new law blocks gun sales to those convicted of abusing unmarried intimate partners and cracks down on gun sales to purchasers convicted of domestic violence. It also provides new federal funding to states that administer "red flag" laws intended to remove guns from people deemed dangerous to themselves and others.

It does not ban sales of assault-style rifles or high-capacity magazines. But it does take some steps on background checks by allowing access, for the first time, to information on significant crimes committed by juveniles.

"At this time when it seems impossible to get anything done in Washington, we are doing something consequential: If we can reach compromise on guns, we oughta be able to reach compromise on other critical issues," Biden said before traveling to Germany for the Group of Seven rich nations summit.

"I know there's much more work to do, and I'm never gonna give up. But this is a monumental day."

He said he would host families of gun violence victims and lawmakers at a White House event on July 11 to mark the passage of the gun safety law.

© 2022 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Biden Signs $13B Gun Control Law, Vows 'Much More Work to Do'
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 12:50:16 PM »
I'm thinking if this is challenged in the Supreme Court it goes away.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 01:06:22 PM »
I'm thinking if this is challenged in the Supreme Court it goes away.
As it should.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 01:07:08 PM »
So 13 billion for a restriction on Americans rights butt can’t have 5.5 billion to build a wall that actually protects Americans...

Offline Casull

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 01:40:25 PM »
So 13 billion for a restriction on Americans rights butt can’t have 5.5 billion to build a wall that actually protects Americans...

Agreed.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 01:43:27 PM »
Although I do agree with looking at juvenile records in connection with approving purchases, I can't come up with words about how much of an a hole Biden is and how much I detest his administration.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline phalanx

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 02:08:59 PM »
The left sure does want our guns.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 04:47:19 PM »
Notice Jill was right there.
 To check his spelling, I guess.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2022, 05:24:13 PM »
   From what I understand the red flag laws  are left to the states discretion , and  will  receive [ bribery ] funds if they enact those laws . Alabama has no red flag laws at present but throw  a few billion out there and greed will overtake commonsense  I'm afraid  .

Offline DDZ

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2022, 12:47:19 AM »
This bill does not follow the guide lines of our 2nd amendment.  Congress can't write laws based on public opinion or wants.  None of this bill should stand up to the scrutiny of the SC.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline DDZ

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2022, 04:58:24 AM »
Less guns in the hands of citizens, just transfers power from the citizens to government. Transferring power from us to them is the main objective.

I know there are some gun owners that think its a good thing that the bill included having to be 21 to buy a semi-auto rifle. 18 year olds are considered adults, and can be handed a semi auto and sent to war. Again its against their constitutional rights to not be able to buy a semi auto rifle, or even a handgun for that matter.  Does someone all of a sudden become a law abiding citizen at the age of 21?   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2022, 11:45:49 AM »
All laws that infringe on the right to keep and bear arms are bad laws. PERIOD!
Every rotten SOB in the Republican party that voted for this should be removed from office. Every single one of them. They are a bigger threat to our republic than the Liberal Democrats. We elected them to protect us from these very threats, and they lied to us to gain the office we entrusted them with. Shame on them. If we keep electing them.....Shame on us.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2022, 01:19:03 PM »
Nowhere I look at this issue does
anyone want to mention the people
that shouldn't be running around freely.
Namely the mental cases and criminals.

More enabling and making excuses
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Online Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2022, 10:20:26 PM »
It is a FACT that Criminals commit less crime AFTER they have been shot. 

No "feel good" legislation has EVER stopped a Bad Guy from carrying a gun, though it has stopped the Good Guys.  When liberals are cringing in their self-made, safe zone, sanctuary city, police defunded, bubbles, and mayhem and death are knocking at their door, they WILL cry out for protection from...NOBODY!, because the Government is minutes away while the threat is imminent.  CRIME will continue.  NOTHING will change.

Our "elected" (stolen election) Politicians consider themselves our Masters.  The 2nd Amendment makes their power grab MUCH more difficult.  Allocating another $50M for enhancements to Washington, DC's "Wall of Protection" is a signal that additional abuses by the Democrats are afoot.  Disarming legitimate gun owners and controlling the purse strings of government are their goals. 

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2022, 11:09:08 AM »
It is a FACT that Criminals commit less crime AFTER they have been shot.  . . . .

^ ^ ^ FACT ^ ^ ^
Just like when a criminal is executed, they
no longer have to be taken care of and
watched over. Scarce law enforcement
and medical resources no longer have to
be wasted on lowlifes that we already know
are career criminals.
Just like dealing with varmints that
get in your eggs or hens, or raid
your vegetable garden
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Casull

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2022, 08:48:54 AM »
This bill does not follow the guide lines of our 2nd amendment.  Congress can't write laws based on public opinion or wants.  None of this bill should stand up to the scrutiny of the SC.

Are you serious?  That's ALL congress does.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline DDZ

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2022, 10:36:17 AM »

Actually I am. We have a constitutional republic, not a democracy where there is mob rule.  All judges and congressmen took an oath to uphold the Constitution. I don't care if 75% of the people want a law banning Semi Auto's, or banning 18 year olds from having a semi auto. Its against the constitution and Bill Of rights that such laws be written. 

Offline Casull

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2022, 10:51:32 AM »

Actually I am. We have a constitutional republic, not a democracy where there is mob rule.  All judges and congressmen took an oath to uphold the Constitution. I don't care if 75% of the people want a law banning Semi Auto's, or banning 18 year olds from having a semi auto. Its against the constitution and Bill Of rights that such laws be written.

Of course it's against the Constitution.  That's the only thing to keep them in check.  But, if it doesn't involve a violation of the Constitution, then yes, they will make laws based on popular opinion.  It's what they do.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2022, 11:52:32 AM »
Then we have executive orders. “I don’t even know what I’m signing” That’s a joebama quote for those that don’t know...

Offline Casull

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2022, 02:13:50 PM »
Then we have executive orders. “I don’t even know what I’m signing” That’s a joebama quote for those that don’t know...

Hell, he doesn't even need to say that.  We know it.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2022, 02:18:10 PM »

Hell, he doesn't even need to say that.  We know it.
Yeah, butt, he actually did say it and it was documented on live televersion...

Offline Casull

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2022, 03:46:48 PM »
Well, he's NEVER been accused of being too (or even very) bright.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Online Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2022, 10:22:01 PM »
The vast majority of the People are too stoopid to think for themselves.  As Sleepy Joe was considering his run for President, Obama told the Nation:
https://freebeacon.com/politics/obama-biden-warning/
Don’t Underestimate Joe’s Ability to F— Things Up