Author Topic: Kellyanne Conway: Trump Wants to Run to Settle 'Unfinished Business'  (Read 333 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/kelly-anne-conway-donald-trump-2024-axelrod/2022/06/30/id/1076771/

By Charlie McCarthy    |   Thursday, 30 June 2022 10:15 AM EDT

Former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said she expects former President Donald Trump to run again in 2024.

"I know he wants to, and he's planning to," Conway told David Axelrod during an interview for "The Axe Files" podcast at the University Club of Chicago.

"He'd like to run for president, and he feels like he has unfinished business."

Conway told Axelrod that Trump probably will make his announcement by releasing a statement, via the president's social platform Truth Social or through his Save America joint fundraising committee.

"I would imagine he's got a statement ready to go now announcing he's running for president again, and one day he's going to say, Put that out today. Today's the day," Conway said.

The manager of Trump’s 2016 campaign has been promoting her book, "Here's the Deal: A Memoir."

She also told Axelrod that, in retrospect, then-President Trump and his team should have done more in 2020 to explain why the country should "not change horses" in the election.

"I don't think he did enough of that at all, and I think that Vice President [Joe] Biden was benefited," said Conway, who told Axelrod that Trump suffered from too much airtime during the COVID-19 pandemic.

"I write in my book by about May [2020], I tell the president, 'I change my mind. It’s good for Vice President Biden that he’s in the bunker, in the basement, whatever he was doing in that room in Wilmington because we never had such a gulf between the exposure of two presidential nominees, party nominees.

"You had maybe a total of an hour a week of Joe Biden …. versus two hours a day of Donald Trump. It’s a lot of Donald Trump. And I think that with Biden he became the 'not Trump,' and there wasn’t enough maybe scrutiny and conversation about many of the things [Biden seeming old, irritated] we see now."

Conway also told Axelrod that, for the most part, Trump's use of Twitter was a great thing that produced the "democratization of information."

"Every single American, really anybody throughout the world, received an instant, free-of-charge presidential communication without going through the middle man," she told Axelrod.

Conway, however, added that Trump should have been more judicious with his tweets.

"With Donald Trump and Twitter, and I told him that, he needs to tweet like we need to eat — it’s just about better choices,” she said before adding that Trump’s most popular tweets concerned Trump Tower visits during the transition period, interviews of potential Cabinet members, and conversations with other heads of state.

There also was the much-liked tweet showing Trump wearing a mask.

"See, people want to see you go first. They want to see you set the example," Conway said she told Trump.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Kellyanne Conway: Trump Wants to Run to Settle 'Unfinished Business'
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 05:09:52 AM »
Whoever runs on the Republican side is going to get the same treatment from the commies, but maybe it's time for DeSantis to step up.  No one should doubt that it's going to be all out war though.  The Florida Governor had better not have any skeletons in his closet, but on second thought--it won't matter, the commies will make them up.
Swingem

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 05:14:31 AM »
I like the way Trump performed on many fronts and would like to see him in office again...

Offline phalanx

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 06:26:48 AM »
 A lot of folks are pushing for Ron DeSantis. Maybe both of them on the same ticket. That would make liberal heads explode. :)
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Casull

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 08:56:17 AM »
A lot of folks are pushing for Ron DeSantis. Maybe both of them on the same ticket. That would make liberal heads explode. :)

That would be a dream team.  If elected, we'd have four more years of Trump, and hopefully then eight years of DeSantis.
Aim small, miss small!!!
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 11:00:32 AM »
I think ego’s May get in the way on this. No way Trump will run as vice and not sure about DeSantis taking a back seat. We will see.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 06:57:50 PM »
Florida is an evolving state and one powerful voice for conservatism. DeSantis can do more for the country right where he is. Later he would make a great Senator. We need more good conservatives in the House and Senate. Ever bit as important as who's President.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2022, 06:30:10 PM »
Trump had his crack at the cat, so to speak. He did some great things for the Country. In my opinion, although a lot of what he said was true, he was a bit thin skinned, and somewhat unPresidential in his use of social media. I think his time as the Conservative front runner has passed. He should continue to lend his influence, but Conservatives need a candidate with star quality, and a tempered sense of what to say and when. The Dems and far leftists have shown us where they are headed, and they have to be stopped.
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff