Author Topic: 9mm ammo  (Read 2488 times)

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: 9mm ammo
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2022, 12:11:15 PM »

PS: My feathered friends just went on short rations as bird feed prices are outrageous.
   Yeah,  they seem to like to scratch it out of the feeder and on the ground , No table manners at all . :D

Offline Repete

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2022, 03:00:25 PM »
If the media would quit telling us about shortages. There would be no shortages. The shortages are what politicians have invested in.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2022, 04:55:48 AM »

PS: My feathered friends just went on short rations as bird feed prices are outrageous.
   Yeah,  they seem to like to scratch it out of the feeder and on the ground , No table manners at all . :D

Most of mine are quail and dove and they leave nothing on the ground at all. I put the grain in a feed pan made from the bottom of a blue plastic barrel but I could just dump it on the ground which I used to do and they get it all. I went to the feed pan because the quail are serious scratchers and I got tired of filling in the hole they scratched out just to have to do it again in a few weeks.
Like Like x 1 View List

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2022, 08:46:27 AM »
well i founds something worse the 10 buck a brick primers. Looked all over and theres no small rifle to be had at any price anywhere. I can find powder and bullets but no primers.
blue lives matter

Offline M134 Troll

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2022, 10:55:53 AM »
Federal 205 small rifle at Jay's were $90 a brick and $10 per hundred day before yesterday.  Only one or two bricks and a couple of 100.   IIRC they had a few more SR magnum primers but the shelves were pretty bare.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2022, 11:26:47 PM »
to long of a ride for me. The gas would cost more then the hazmat to get them shipped. I rarely go down state anymore so i dont get into jays very often. Honestly i dont know why i even worry about it. If i cut everyone off that bums ammo from me (which i have) ive got enough sitting here loaded to shoot the rest of my life.
blue lives matter

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2023, 05:11:41 PM »
Starting to loosen up here in the Midwest, not much. Ammo prices have come down some. 9mm that was $45/box is mid $20's. Couple years back would have been $15-$18 a box, depending on FMJ, H.P., cast. Powders and primers are a toss up. With my supplier I'm getting primers around $45/box. I've seen them at $150 and over. Just got a couple lbs. of Varget for $45/lb. Still high, but can't blame my supplier. Sells it any cheaper, somebody buys it all, puts it on internet and gets $75-$90lb. Makes more money than they do. I'm hoping that when the match's start at Camp Perry this July there will be some suppliers with reloading supplies. Miss the old days, case of primers, $110-$125-5000ct. 8lb keg of 4895-3031-Bullseye-Unique-??(whatever)- $90-$140. Like buying gas for .35/gal. Never see those days again.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2023, 10:52:07 PM »
hard to find here too but we have a small hardware store in town that was run by an avid loader and shooter. He sells compenents and guns and ammo. THeres good and bad. He died and his son took over and so far there still doing it and there are small primers there. Mostly because the two biggest reloaders in town were his late father and me. So theres lots of small pistol and rifle there but there 10 bucks a pack. Theres good and bad in that too. The bad is obvious. the good is that these prices have stopped about anyone around here that reloads. Im sure thats everywhere. When ammo prices and component prices go skyrocketing people say screw it and find a differnt hobby. I just finished loading every piece of 9mm and 40 brass i have (and its a shitpile) and today start on the 45acp which i have lots loaded but only about 500 emptys to load. Then i found another brick of small rifle stashed and even though i probably have enough 223 to shoot the rest of my life ill load up a thousand more. Then its the bolt guns. Im going to load every bit of brass in the house. Only thing ill have left is some 40 and 556 because i have tons of it and dont have the primers to do more. Sure would like to find some more once fired 45acp though. Its pretty rare to find it for sale these days. Seems nobody uses it.
blue lives matter

Offline phalanx

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2023, 10:32:37 AM »
I still have plenty of primers, all sizes. Stocked up on them during the Clinton Waco scare.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2023, 11:33:37 PM »
dont know how many times i told myself i had enough powder and primers for the rest of my life only to be flat out a year or two later. Same with lead. I used the last of my small pistol primers last week and have one brick of small rifle left. Pretty good stash of lg pistol and rifle primers so maybe its time to shoot the crap out of my 45acps and 10mms. I dont have an 8lb jug of powder or primer thats older then 5 years in this house let alone from the clinton era. Heck i doubt theres a primer 2 years old in the cabinet. Shouldnt be pissing and moaning though. Ive got enough ammo to shoot for the rest of my life or at least till this body gives out. But its just imbedded in my mind that youd best have a stash and id rather leave it and load another 500 for the week. But its to the point im going to have to start doing it. 10 bucks a pack for primers is just ridiculous and im old enough that if shtf i wont be good for much anyway and a quick bullet would probably be doing me a favor . 
I still have plenty of primers, all sizes. Stocked up on them during the Clinton Waco scare.
blue lives matter