Author Topic: Transitioning to alternative energy Conclusion  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Dixie-Dude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Transitioning to alternative energy Conclusion
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2022, 04:50:26 AM »
Even if cold fusion worked.  It would be so cheap that the government may not allow it to be built for running everyone else out of business in the energy market. 

I read where there have been 10-15 patents to improve gas mileage ever since the 1920's, but the patents were all bought up by the oil companies back then so never brought to market.

I also saw where a Japanese man invented a ultra sound washing machine.  It looked like an aquarium.  You put the dirty clothes in there and the ultra sound machine knocked the dirt out of the clothes without detergent.  This was on the Discovery channel or something like that.  The Japanese detergent companies bought up the patent and it never came to market.  It used about 1/6th the electricity as a traditional washer.  He also developed a microwave dryer, but metal snaps and buttons didn't work in it.  It used less power than a traditional dryer.  Neither had hardly any moving parts. 

No telling what has been invented and patents bought by a competition that would be going out of business. 

I worked in the natural gas industry for 40 years.  There has been disinformation put out by the oil companies against wind and solar.  The "greenies" have also put out disinformation about the oil and gas industry too.  That is one reason why I take the middle ground. 

ALL energy sources should be developed to the max.  If our country was awash in plentiful cheap energy, it would attract new industry and bring a lot back home.

Excessive enviromental regulations, not allowing pipelines, etc have caused prices to rise.  Wars cause prices to rise.  Florida has consistantly voted against offshore windmills because of the ocean view.  The feds may FORCE them to put some in.  Massachusetts off Marthas Vinyard several years ago voted against offshore windmills, but the Feds may make them put the up.  Anyway when this vote came in, they voted instead to put in a fuel oil generator using imported oil. 
Opelika Portal

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2022, 05:40:34 AM »
ALL energy sources should be developed to the max.  If our country was awash in plentiful cheap energy, it would attract new industry and bring a lot back home.
Cant argue with that. Ive got no problem with solar and wind added to coal and gas and nuke. Problem is thats not whats happening. The libs are trying to replace cheap energy with more expensive energy and even with stuff they KNOW cant produce enough let alone enough cheap energy. Will it be different when the republicans back in office? I hope so but im skeptical. So many bad feelings right now i can see the republicans going all out of the oil and coal companies and hanging the green ones out to dry. What absolutely needs to be done is take the government right out of the engery game. They have no constitutional right to control  what form my energy comes in. They should have no right to use my tax money to push there green energy agenda. Either give the oil and coal people the same subsidies to reserch cleaner power as they do the solar and wind companies or dont give anyone anything. IF they want to claim its cheap power then put it on even ground with coal and gas and let the real prices prove the truth. Same with electric cars. NO MORE tax money for R&D. No more state aid to build charging stations. If it really makes economic sense people will flock to the dealerships. Car companys are private industrys that are there to make a profit for there stock holders. Why should us tax payers have to foot the bill for them to design something that there going to make a profit from.
blue lives matter

Offline phalanx

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2022, 05:03:51 AM »
And here they were talking about mining Mars and the Asteroid belt a few years ago. When we can’t even hold onto any sensible solution here and now. We’ve only recently discovered a lot of things about Mars we now know, and it isn’t anything that would support a colony. No matter what Nation your from here on Earth. It would take Trillions to even try.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2022, 05:30:53 AM »
LMAO. You must have really had to dig to find a web site that said that. What exactly are non-carbon artificial humanoids and what are they made from that doesnt have carbon? 
I think they're talking about inhabiting Mars with non-human non-carbon artificial humanoids. No CO2 needed.
blue lives matter

Offline magooch

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2022, 05:51:13 AM »
Let's talk about the real plan that is already in operation.  China continues to develop a more efficient virus that will kill billions of people.  The Russians put a megalomaniac in power who kills millions with the plan to capture a huge chunk of the world's energy resources.  The U.S.A rigs an election to put a moron in power who does his best to reduce as much energy production as possible.  Then the really big and insidious plan gets rolling; the switching to battery powered lawn mowers to replace gas powered mowers.

It's all so obvious that most people haven't realized what is happening right in plain view.  Oh yeah, I forgot one other facet of the overall plan and that is to abort as many new lives as possible to augment the overall reduction of human life on the planet.  With all these plans in full operation the world poopulation will be reduced to a sustainable minimum and the energy crisis will be solved.

I have to confess that I have bought into this overall plan and done my part.  I now mow my lawn with a battery powered mower and hey, it works really well. 
Swingem

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2022, 05:54:53 AM »
“What exactly are non-carbon artificial humanoids and what are they made from that doesnt have carbon?”

Maybe one of his silicone sex dolls ;)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2022, 09:02:43 AM »
silicon is not carbon free. https://www.britannica.com/science/silicon Its defineately way about my paygrade and  only an egomaniac would frequent this board and pretend it isnt about his paygrade. Your an old criple man sitting in front of a computer pretending. You dont have one single person here fooled in the least. You probably picked that siicon based life form off an episode of star trek.  ::)
AI silicon based bots.  The kind Musk and Schwab talk about all the time. And discussed in Musk's neural link project. But way above your paygrade Lloyd, so I expect you to be forever ignorant on the subject and just be your same disrespectful self.
blue lives matter

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2022, 09:14:35 AM »
lots of truth there. Other then the lawn mower. I hope yours holds up. My neighbor bought a green works unit and it died on him half way through the summer. It was kind of cool being so quiet though. It would actually work great for me. Im up at 4am every day and the days i mow i sit and wait till 9 so i dont wake up the neighbors wife. I do have a crap pile of dewalt and other brand cordless tools. Just got a dewalt cordless 20 v string trimmer to replace that pos 2 stroke milwaukee i had that id crank on till i about had a heart attack to get going. Son in law would clean the carb and it would get hung back up and the next year when i needed it for my twice a year trimming it would give me fits again. Heck i even have a Stihl batter chain saw and love the little thing. So i guess im at least sipping the kool aid but do it where it makes sense. cars and trucks just arent there yet.
Let's talk about the real plan that is already in operation.  China continues to develop a more efficient virus that will kill billions of people.  The Russians put a megalomaniac in power who kills millions with the plan to capture a huge chunk of the world's energy resources.  The U.S.A rigs an election to put a moron in power who does his best to reduce as much energy production as possible.  Then the really big and insidious plan gets rolling; the switching to battery powered lawn mowers to replace gas powered mowers.

It's all so obvious that most people haven't realized what is happening right in plain view.  Oh yeah, I forgot one other facet of the overall plan and that is to abort as many new lives as possible to augment the overall reduction of human life on the planet.  With all these plans in full operation the world poopulation will be reduced to a sustainable minimum and the energy crisis will be solved.

I have to confess that I have bought into this overall plan and done my part.  I now mow my lawn with a battery powered mower and hey, it works really well.
blue lives matter

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2022, 11:43:49 AM »
A silicon life form would replace carbon with silicon in the molecular DNA if there are silicon life forms.  Sand is one silicon atom with one oxygen atom. 

Anyway I posted the links for laser destruction of radioactive material. 

Opelika Portal

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2022, 02:51:44 PM »
Well, there are a lot of new smaller nuclear reactors that are self-contained like pebble bed reactors.  They won't melt down as they run cooler, but still can boil water for steam generation.  Also thorium won't melt down either.  No-one seems to want to build them.  Europe is rethinking newer style reactors that are safer, cheaper, and easier to install and maintain. 

Something no one is talking about anymore is earth sheltered homes.  Semi-underground that can save a huge amount on energy to heat and cool.  Where I live at 3' deep it is a constant 60 degrees F.  Homes could be built semi-underground on hillsides instead of flat land that is better for farming.
Opelika Portal

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2022, 10:46:38 PM »
gosh your smart. You were able to copy that whole thing off the internet without misspelling a word. Maybe they should use you for a model. You 3/4s of the way there already and havent even got out of your house.
Or usually SiO² which is silica (quartz). Also called  silicon dioxide.
But yeah like Carbon.....Silicon has 4 valence electrons and so can chemically combine with other elements much like carbon, but with different properties.
As for lazer destruction of Radiologic materials i don't know how cost effective or practical that  is for huge amounts of material, or materials already in the environment.  Already nuclear based generation is very expensive.  Already some economists are  talking about Bideneconomics causing electric consumers bills tripling in 2 or 3 years., so is your paying $300/month now - - could be over $900/month coming up soon. Which means alot of people will have to make do without power.
blue lives matter

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2022, 03:56:53 AM »
Ok you two!.... Quit with the name calling, or I'll send you to the principals office.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2022, 04:45:32 AM »
but then hed have to leave his house ::)
Ok you two!.... Quit with the name calling, or I'll send you to the principals office.
blue lives matter

Offline phalanx

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2022, 05:46:11 AM »
Mars: It sure ain't like those Hollywood movies. Or those novels. Never was, never will be.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III