Author Topic: Outraged  (Read 1229 times)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Outraged
« on: September 25, 2022, 06:06:03 AM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am just furious with the whole Trump family.  The nerve of them overestimating their wealth--at least according to the honorable attorney general of New York and others.  Also according to these folks, we have all been cheated--somehow.  I believe it was something to do with having their cake and eating it.  Is there nothing these lawless miscreants won't stoop to?
Swingem
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
Re: Outraged
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 07:39:15 AM »
The nerve of them overestimating their wealth--at least according to the honorable attorney general of New York and others.
What is it that you think was overestimated? The accusation has to do with overestimating the value of real estate properties or the size of property in order to make the properties appear more desirable to investors or taking credit for properties that did not exist or existed only on paper. A classic example is the triplex that the Trump family owned in the Trump Tower. It was claimed to be 30,000 sq ft. It was documented at 11,000.
Evidently this type of over valuation is not uncommon in real estate…..where the bulk of the Trump family money is found. Does this hurt you or me? Only if we are trying to buy from the Trump organization.
There are accusations that Mr. Trump inflated his net worth in order to impress investors or the press. Rent space in the Trump Tower…..advertised at 68 stories. It only has 58. There is more, much of it from the time before Mr. Trump became the political figure that he is today. Golf courses, vineyards, residences for sale…..the accusation is that values were inflated so as to make them more attractive to investors. Remember he is the one who coined the term “creative hyperbole”.
A legitimate question is why is all this information surfacing now more than ten years after.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 02:52:27 PM »
Buyers and sellers: caveat emptor.

“And if I continue to overvalue my property, the tax man will catch on and that's not good.”
That appears to be what has happened.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 03:07:39 PM »
Caveat or caviar? I prefer caveat...

Online Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 12:16:58 AM »
I purchased my current corner-lot residence on a property the Seller, the Seller's Agent, and County Property Appraiser's Web Site said was 3/4-acre.  That property, which I wanted to consider months before, had "just that weekend" returned to the market.  The previous Offeror, at less than full price, failed in their contract requested 45-day window to close, wasting everyone' s time. 

The residence, which we love, is $65K less than the houses we spent the previous 8-months considering.  The bank's interest rate is "from Heaven", practically "giving me" their money. 

The Seller was highly motivated.  I was highly motivated.  I made them a full price offer.  They accepted.  We closed.  I am a Happy Camper. 

In the year after I had moved and settled in, doing what I do as a Civil Engineer, I used simple math to check the property survey closure and its acreage.  The math said 1/2-acre.  Hmmmmm....

I pulled up a Computer Aided Design (CAD) program, created a 1:1 scale drawing of my survey, and double checked the reality. Yep, 1/2-acre.  I called the County Property Appraiser, seeking a partial refund of property tax paid at closing. 

All adjacent lots are rectangular and 1/4-acre.  I own a double lot, so 1/2-acre is correct

The Appraiser's Office changed the on-line information from 3/4-acre (that drew favorable attention to the property) to 1/2-acre (a 33% reduction!), pointing out that information on the Government's Web Site is neither "guaranteed" nor "actionable" against the Government if found in error.  Also, they tax in accordance with the number of lots owned, not acreage, so I got no refund there...but I tried.

I am STILL a Happy Camper...

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 03:17:46 AM »
  One can rest assured that anyone buying any super-valuable Trump property, has done their due diligence !

They bought the property, they were content with the deal they made and it was likely a win/win for all involved..except for a Demonrat puppet DA, who ran for election with her promise to "get Trump".

All I have to say to that DA, is pictured below;
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 06:13:07 PM »
She's such a stupid wh*re
Shame to be so young and
so stupid too.
People that are so rabid about
the environment need to epoxy
their rectum shut so they can't
pollute with their feces and the
methane from their bowels, and
epoxy their urethra shut so as
not to pollute the earth with
their urine full of ammonia.
then epoxy their nose and
windpipe shut so as not to
exhale any dangerous carbon
dioxide, then they should strip
and lay on bare ground in the
blessed rain forest and slit
their own throat so as to fertilize
mother earth and not be a drain
upon scarce natural resources

Win win
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Online Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 09:49:34 PM »
Tell us how you really feel Ranger99.  :o

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 11:38:36 PM »
i dont get it. I can tell a buyer my pickup is worth 60k used when i know its probably not worth 40. If the buyer is stupid enough to pay 60 then should i be charged with fraud?? Its his responsibility to be a smart buyer and not buy it in the first place. Same with selling my home. I can ask double what its worth and hope for a stupid buyer. Id say if anything by inflating the value of his property it made them subject to more property tax. Same thing can be said about a bank. If they loan him money on inflated values whos fault is it. As long as he pays those loans nobodys. Its the banks responsibility to assess the value of a property before they loan money on it. They sure arent going to take my word for how much its really worth. Same with the county assessor thats suppose to actually go there and value the property for tax purposes. I know they sure as hell dont call me and ask me the value of my property. The failures were with the county tax assessor, the banks and the idiots who overpaid. Far as im conserned all trump did wrong was bolster his ego a bit claiming to have more then he has. No law against that. Doesnt surprise me one bit though that darkangel has jumped on the liberal parties lynch mob.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 01:53:15 AM »
  Taxpayers of New York, sure don't get their money's worth from the Demonrats who run that shot show !

Ironically, it's the taxpayers of NY City who suffer the most...and they just keep coming back for more.

The tragedy is, the real thinking residents have to pay for THEIR stupidity in the voting booth...or the
  convenient (and crooked) "drop box"..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 09:52:05 PM »
Its no different here. We pay more so the people in detroit and lancing, flint, dearborn ect that consist of the biggest percentage of our welfare costs can get more when they sit on there stoop drinking beer with there hands out. Ever notice you rarely ever hear any politician on either side scream about welfare reform. Youd think today with buisnesses screaming for employees and they cant even get one applicant something would be done to tell those bums to either take these jobs or starve. When it pays more to stay home then to work the system is broke.
blue lives matter

Offline darkgael

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 10:28:35 PM »
hat. Doesnt surprise me one bit though that darkangel has jumped on the liberal parties lynch mob.
Lloyd, Lloyd, Lloyd: Lynch mob??? My earlier post took no such stand. It was a simple clarification of the accusations leveled against Mr. Trump by the NY AG. According to the accusations, if you took the time to read them, more was involved than simply over stating his wealth.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2022, 12:23:54 AM »
everyone here can see that you attack trump at any opportunity. It shows your true colors.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2022, 12:27:00 AM »
Let's be realistic!  I suspect that almost everyone here has bought/sold real estate..am I correct?

I worked in real estate about 25 years ago, and I suspect things have not changed greatly.

When selling a property, most often the owner sets an asking price somewhat more than he/she thinks the property is worth.

Common sense applied, they expect a bid somewhat lower, but will gladly accept the higher price, if the buyer
    offers it..

That kind of "horse trading" goes on daily, with real estate, cars, trucks, used tools and heavy equipment.

Perhaps, the best way of looking at this situation, is to consider her promise made during her political
 campaign, ...to "get Donald Trump"...by whatever means possible!

Keep in mind, now proven corrupt Cuomo, was delighted with her election to office..

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2022, 12:38:11 AM »
yup they call it free enterprise. Its one of the main things our country was founded on. FREEDOM WITHOUT GOVERNMENT CONTROL. Whats next. I they going to put me in jail for asking over book for my pickup?? Or even pass a law saying it illegal to even sell it because its gas powered!!
Let's be realistic!  I suspect that almost everyone here has bought/sold real estate..am I correct?

I worked in real estate about 25 years ago, and I suspect things have not changed greatly.

When selling a property, most often the owner sets an asking price somewhat more than he/she thinks the property is worth.

Common sense applied, they expect a bid somewhat lower, but will gladly accept the higher price, if the buyer
    offers it..

That kind of "horse trading" goes on daily, with real estate, cars, trucks, used tools and heavy equipment.

Perhaps, the best way of looking at this situation, is to consider her promise made during her political
 campaign, ...to "get" Donald Trump...by whatever means possible

Keep in mind, now proven corrupt Cuomo, was delighted with her election to office..
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2022, 12:50:12 AM »
  Right Lloyd, anyone with a modicum of life experience, should be totally familiar with the practice.

Certainly anyone who runs to be DA of the largest population city of the country, should have an abundance
   of "life experience"..

Otherwise, they are fakes, and the voters who elect them are simpletons...
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline darkgael

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2022, 10:57:02 AM »
everyone here can see that you attack trump at any opportunity. It shows your true colors.
Lloyd: I do not like Trump. My dislike has nothing to do with politics. I do not trust him or his organization. I have not liked him for decades. He is a liar, a narcissist, and a bully. If you go not see that then you are blind to evil. Any man that can say that he is never wrong cannot be trusted.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2022, 11:01:05 AM »
Lloyd: I do not like Trump. My dislike has nothing to do with politics. I do not trust him or his organization. I have not liked him for decades. He is a liar, a narcissist, and a bully. If you go not see that then you are blind to evil. Any man that can say that he is never wrong cannot be trusted.

Yet. You voted for him. Thank You for that especially since your opinion is plain. Wonder what you think of Hillary?

Offline DDZ

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2022, 01:04:41 PM »

Lets see. You don't like Trump or trust his organization. Whatever his organization is.  You haven't liked him for decades, he is a liar, a narcissist, and a bully, and you voted for him. LOL!   You got one thing right he is a narcissist, but that has nothing to do with how he governs America. You liberals just plain don't like him because he tells it like it is. I guess his mean tweets hurt your feelings. Funny I never saw one post from you that called Biden, or any democrat a liar. Is that because you exclusively vote for them?  Wonder why you think Trump is a bully? Is it because he called the media out for truly what they are? "fake news"  Or is it because he is the only president that ever spoke out about how the democrats are destroying America?  Or is it because dementia Joe called him a Bully?  Seems as though anyone that opposes the democrats are labeled a bully. DeSantis was just called a bully by Newsome.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Online Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2022, 01:05:35 AM »

Common sense applied, they expect a bid somewhat lower, but will gladly accept the higher price, if the buyer offers it.

During the 2020-21 "lockdown", residential mortgage interest sank to its lowest rate in over 50 years.  Banks, flush with cash, were uninterested in loaning money.  Every minor deviancy from the bank's already intolerable requirements stopped closings and put borrowers in limbo until resolved. 

At the same time, democrat-controlled administrations in "sanctuary" cities were running their decent business and residential folks out of town with "defund the police" and other protected BLM-focused programs.  Displaced residents matriculated from inflated "bourgeois" taxation to Texas and Florida.  Accumulated wealth and its politics from the North and West ran headlong to the South and East

Competition for every available home in Florida resulted in a serious "Seller's Market".  An asking price, inflated to increase seller's profit to about what one would expect, formed the foundation from which buyer's bid against one another - a greater offer than was asked winning.  Existing houses sold for $10K to $50K above their asking price.  The watch word was, if you sell, you better have a residence somewhere else, or be prepared for unaffordable housing yourself.

In '22, with Federal interest rates raised artificially to their mid-'90's levels, residential real estate sales in Florida have cooled and returned to a semblance of the "Buyer's Market" dominated by location-location-location, where demand is significantly higher.  Development and home construction that had started has cooled again. 

What I see for myself are rising interest rates, inflated fuel, material, and labor, cooling of the demand for new home construction, engineering and development formerly stopped is aching to be completed, and unscrupulous unsupervised contractors, or their and unscrupulous workers, are cutting corners in their attempt to make a fast buck.  For instance, the developer of 130-acres adjacent to our church, unsupervised by the County, cut all vegetation to within 20-feet of our property line, when their permit allows no cutting within 40-feet.  They dumped used oil and filters from construction equipment in the conservation woodland.  Now, as storms produce runoff, it pollutes and kills all vegetation in the public right-of-way ditches on its way straight to the Federally protected Indian River.

To me, it is another Carpet Bagger Invasion.  An analogy might be insufficient lubrication at startup galling the cylinder walls in the process.  It is going to take time for EVERYTHING to stabilize in this uncertain economy.  There is no New Normal.  The "bounce" at rebound has exceeded all expectations, and not for the better.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2022, 01:56:44 AM »

Yes!  That Trump guy is really bad..when compared to the great honesty, sterling character and the absence of any form of stain or corruption in such people as  Hillary, Chucky Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Andrew Cuomo,
  Joe Biden or his beloved son, Hunter !  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2022, 02:05:10 AM »
  All things considered, where to the Democrats go for an honest candidate in 2024 ?

Where will they get a candidate who doesn't want to enslave all the American people into the "great reset"?

Where will they get a candidate who doesn't want to grab our guns, kill our religious freedom or will work to
  cease the killing of little boys and girls?

Can they find a candidate who will stop the outrageous spending, and start allowing our children and grandchildren to not be buried in debt?

Where will they find a Democrat who will back law enforcement, convince multi-generational welfare families, that work can be a positive, uplifting endeavor?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2022, 03:13:41 AM »
they really dont need anyone special or even qualified. They will vote for anyone that stands up there, declares hes a democrat and is for abortion and the government giving free money to them be they welfare recipients or students or illegal immigrants. They also have the unions (especially the teachers union) in there back pocket and most teachers would vote for mickey mouse rather then admit they made a mistake last election. As would the welfare bums and the black lives matter bunch and the baby butchers.
  All things considered, where to the Democrats go for an honest candidate in 2024 ?

Where will they get a candidate who doesn't want to enslave all the American people into the "great reset"?

Where will they get a candidate who doesn't want to grab our guns, kill our religious freedom or will work to
  cease the killing of little boys and girls?

Can they find a candidate who will stop the outrageous spending, and start allowing our children and grandchildren to not be buried in debt?

Where will they find a Democrat who will back law enforcement, convince multi-generational welfare families, that work can be a positive, uplifting endeavor?
blue lives matter

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2022, 06:32:25 AM »
Where will they find one who refuses to steal an election?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2022, 10:10:47 PM »
dont know. The democrats have that down to a science. Probably shouldnt put that on the internet. They will be breaking down my door next
Where will they find one who refuses to steal an election?
blue lives matter

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2022, 03:30:40 AM »
Fox News had an article yesterday about the FBI purging conservatives out.  Democrats believe in big government and that only big government can do big projects.  So, all the government agencies do not want conservatives in their ranks.

For instance.  NASA has built a big rocket that they are going to launch that is costing $4 billion per launch and drops in the ocean every launch.  Meanwhile over at Boca Chica, Texas SpaceX is building a bigger rocket that is supposed to cost around $250 million per launch.  Musk is using his Starlink satellite internet system to pay for it.  1 million customers at $100 a month service yields $1 billion in profits per year.  So he is launching around 50 satellites evey two weeks to expand the service.  He has over 3,000 satellites up there now and plans to put up 42,000 satellites for high speed internet.  He needs his big fully reusable rocket to finish the satellites, then use it to go to Mars.  It is made from high temperature stainless steel made in Alabama.  This shows private companies can build something cheaper than a government run program. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2022, 04:53:21 AM »
ever look at a bill they push into the house. 1/10 is for what its says and the rest of the money goes to special interest groups and places were not suppose to ask about, like there pockets or to buy them votes. As long as theres private industry battling and footing the bill to get contracts for something like space travel satalites ect the government should be prohibited from using our tax dollars to undercut them and if they do they should have to bid on it like anyone else and no overruns allowed. Nasa today is about like our government starting there own car factory and producing cars and trucks. Can you IMAGINE what one would cost!!!
Fox News had an article yesterday about the FBI purging conservatives out.  Democrats believe in big government and that only big government can do big projects.  So, all the government agencies do not want conservatives in their ranks.

For instance.  NASA has built a big rocket that they are going to launch that is costing $4 billion per launch and drops in the ocean every launch.  Meanwhile over at Boca Chica, Texas SpaceX is building a bigger rocket that is supposed to cost around $250 million per launch.  Musk is using his Starlink satellite internet system to pay for it.  1 million customers at $100 a month service yields $1 billion in profits per year.  So he is launching around 50 satellites evey two weeks to expand the service.  He has over 3,000 satellites up there now and plans to put up 42,000 satellites for high speed internet.  He needs his big fully reusable rocket to finish the satellites, then use it to go to Mars.  It is made from high temperature stainless steel made in Alabama.  This shows private companies can build something cheaper than a government run program.
blue lives matter

Offline darkgael

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2022, 05:32:15 AM »

Yes!  That Trump guy is really bad..when compared to the great honesty, sterling character and the absence of any form of stain or corruption in such people as  Hillary, Chucky Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Andrew Cuomo,
I hate Schumer. Don't like Pelosi. Cuomo turned out to be a disgrace. Biden becomes more embarrassing as the days pass. Hillary ? She is the reason that I voted for Trump.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2022, 09:01:58 AM »

I hate Schumer. Don't like Pelosi. Cuomo turned out to be a disgrace. Biden becomes more embarrassing as the days pass. Hillary ? She is the reason that I voted for Trump.

So as a general rule you vote Democrat.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline darkgael

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2022, 10:24:52 AM »
“So as a general rule you vote Democrat.”

How did you arrive at that conclusion as a follow up to my post? I am used to folk misinterpreting but that one…..that one is a head shaker.