Author Topic: Is this the first crack in a "conservative" court?  (Read 327 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Is this the first crack in a "conservative" court?
« on: October 21, 2022, 02:14:36 AM »
A federal judge in Wisconsin, and Amy Coney Barrett, have both rejected pleas by taxpayer groups, to stop Bidens tuition payoff plan.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/justice-barrett-rejects-appeal-to-stop-bidens-student-loan-forgiveness-plan/3916621/

On the surface, that looks like a sellout by at least one of the Trump appointed SCOTUS judges.  I guess I do not understand the SCOTUS well enough, because I didn't realize that any single justice could decide a case, just like that!

NOTE;
  Hey Joe, a "good, hard working kid" over in the next town has opened a pancake shop, but due to your Covid
  restrictions, he had to close his doors.  Please send him $20,000.00, so he can reopen his shop soon.  After all he is trying hard...

OH, BTW Joe..  My neighbor's son graduated from high school last year..and bought a new Corvette.  He doesn't have a job, and can't afford the payments..   He's a "good kid" and "means well", so please send him 20 grand to help him out.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Is this the first crack in a "conservative" court?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 07:43:32 AM »
Perhaps the Supreme Court rules on the LAW, rather than political ideology (as it should be)

The reason ACB ruled alone is because they made a direct appeal to her, as their assigned Justice, to fast track it to the Supreme Court without going through the system of appeals.  Each Justice has an assigned region and can dismiss the appeal or take it to the full court.  If rejected you must go through the traditional appeal process.  Hope that helps.

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 07:46:15 AM »
"NOTE;
  Hey Joe, a "good, hard working kid" over in the next town has opened a pancake shop, but due to your Covid
  restrictions, he had to close his doors.  Please send him $20,000.00, so he can reopen his shop soon.  After all he is trying hard..."

I believe he should have applied for the money available during the Covid bailout.  Lots of others, even the undeserving - like giant corporations, got a lot of money that way.

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 08:07:47 AM »
Perhaps the Supreme Court rules on the LAW, rather than political ideology (as it should be)

Were you singing the same song concerning the abortion ruling?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline DDZ

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 12:41:49 PM »
The federal government does whatever it wants to anymore. Want to steal a presidential election? Go right ahead the SCOTUS will do nothing about it. Want to shut down the country and close businesses and churches, because of a virus with a 99% survival rate? Go right ahead SCOTUS will do nothing about it. Want to limit free speech? Go right ahead the SCOUTS will do nothing about it.  Want to create a federal healthcare system? (Obama care) , or weaponize the DOJ, FBI, IRS, and EPA. Go right ahead the SCOTUS will do nothing about it.  The federal government has so much overreach anymore. Its taken as the norm. The SC is slowly becoming irrelevant.  A few more years and it will be filled with woke leftists that think they can write law.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 05:22:12 PM »
A federal court, appeals court I think, stayed Biden's actions. So now it will follow the correct process and almost certainly wind up in the supreme court. What the gal judge did was refuse it fast track status.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 11:59:58 PM »
  Thanks, Bill...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022, 01:32:52 AM »
Like the lady on fox News said this morning. It ain't debt forgiveness, it's debt transfer.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Casull

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2022, 11:46:56 AM »
A federal court, appeals court I think, stayed Biden's actions. So now it will follow the correct process and almost certainly wind up in the supreme court. What the gal judge did was refuse it fast track status.

Exactly.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2022, 12:08:23 AM »
"NOTE;
  restrictions, he had to close his doors.  Please send him $20,000.00, so he can reopen his shop soon.  After all he is trying hard..."

I believe he should have applied for the money available during the Covid bailout.  Lots of others, even the undeserving - like giant corporations, got a lot of money that way.

..And play right into the leftists' hands...building a bigger, more demanding, more tyrannical government..