Author Topic: Just got a KelTec P-32  (Read 638 times)

Offline Stan_TheGunNut

• Trade Count: (0)
Just got a KelTec P-32
« on: March 12, 2004, 12:07:33 PM »
I just got a new KelTec P-32 today, and stepped outside and fired 100 rounds of the cheapest ammo the store had.  The gun came with two magazines, a 10 rounder and the standard mag.  I did have a few failures, both in feeding and ejecting.  I'm pretty confident that the el cheapo ammo that I purchased is the culprit.  Each time I fired the pistol, it sounded different.  Some seemed to be hot loads, and some were very weak.  The ammo was "American Ammunition" which the box states is made in Miami.   Has anyone had any experience with this ammo?  It's my understanding, that while the P-32 may not be the best gun ever made, it's certainly not the worst, and I can't imagine having that many failures...I never have before.  Is the P-32 that finiky about ammo?  (A friend of mine swears by his.)  Also, for what it's worth...I took the gun out of the box, made sure there were no barrel obstructions, and started making noise.  

Anyways, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.
Stan
Stan

Offline stormin29

american ammo
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 01:57:53 PM »
I have used their ammo once in  .38 special. There was a lot of deviation in the ammo just as you experienced.  One load was like a .38 wadcutter and the next was like a plus P load.  I am also looking at a Keltec, good hot weather gun for Florida.

Offline Stan_TheGunNut

Just got a KelTec P-32
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 04:23:03 AM »
Thanks for the input.  Also, that's what drew me to the little P-32, I thought it would be a good summertime gun.  

Stan
Stan

Offline Dave in WV

Just got a KelTec P-32
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 03:34:51 AM »
Stan, go to this site and if you do this mod you will greatly help the performance of your P-32. I did it to my P-32 and it took care of my feed problems. Dave
http://www.ktog.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=9ca18f3d31a22f5c88d21894564c7740&threadid=3541
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein