Author Topic: On Dec 8, the number of law breakers in Oregon will skyrocket  (Read 670 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
On Dec 8, the number of law breakers in Oregon will skyrocket
« on: November 20, 2022, 07:22:13 PM »
They will effectively make criminals out of hundreds of thousands of God fearing, Constitution loving, patriotic gun owners in Oregon beginning the 8th of next month. If I didn't have so many close loved ones living in this communist controlled place that has morphed from a beautiful, and great place to live to a HELL HOLE led by Godless perverts, I wouldn't wait until the 8th to leave.  It's not that easy for most. I'm ashamed of what this state has become, and ashamed of What America is becoming. So far we have failed miserably to keep the freedoms we were given.

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Despite a current surge in sales, Oregon’s law enforcement leaders tell KOIN 6 News they expect gun sales to “freeze” when Measure 114 goes into effect early next month.

Law enforcement agencies say the money from the permits is not nearly enough to cover the cost of processing permits, and supporters of the measure say state lawmakers are likely going to have to jump in to provide some of that funding.

The backlog of background checks has now risen to 24,000 pending checks, twice as many as last week.

Officials with the Oregon Secretary of State’s Office say Measure 114 will go into effect on Dec. 8, 2022.

The Oregon State Sheriff’s Association says without a permit system in place they believe that all firearms sales by dealers, at gun shows, and most private transfers — other than to a close relative — in Oregon will immediately stop.

That backlog is certainly a representation of the worry over a potential halt in gun sales. The permits will have a $65 fee, and OSSA says that is not enough to cover the cost of processing them.

Even if state lawmakers throw more money towards this process, supporters say the lower cost of medical bills from gun violence, or investigating gun violence, will make up for it.

KOIN Morning Digest

“Ultimately, it’s about saving lives, reducing deaths and injuries,” said Elizabeth McKanna of Lift Every Voice Oregon. “You can’t put a price on that, that’s really important that we ended up saving lives.”

McKanna says she is confident this law will stand up to any Second Amendment challenge.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: On Dec 8, the number of law breakers in Oregon will skyrocket
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 12:39:56 AM »
Well, I couldn't read that bright red, and I don't know what Measure 114 is about, but I'm guessing its some sort of gun control.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 01:14:03 AM »
  I think the states run by bluebirds will be pushing the limits of the 2nd amendment.  They hate to allow people their constitutional freedoms.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 01:26:11 AM »
Basically you need a background check and training by law enforcement including live fire, to be able to get a permit to buy a firearm, permit good for five years cost $65. Then you need to get another background check and approval when/if you try to actually buy one. And no mags over ten rounds (except 22 lr). Cops don't have any plan on how to implement or where the $ are coming from to operate. Anti 2As say just delay until planning is done and details are worked out. Governor says she doesn't have the authority, cops say the same thing. Pro 2As say it will kill gun sales and transfers and cause LGS to close. And they also claim it will require a separate permit and training for rifles, for pistols, and for shotguns.

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 01:33:35 AM »
Yeah, the wheels will come off that plan pretty quickly.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 02:26:43 AM »
Basically you need a background check and training by law enforcement including live fire, to be able to get a permit to buy a firearm, permit good for five years cost $65. Then you need to get another background check and approval when/if you try to actually buy one. And no mags over ten rounds (except 22 lr). Cops don't have any plan on how to implement or where the $ are coming from to operate. Anti 2As say just delay until planning is done and details are worked out. Governor says she doesn't have the authority, cops say the same thing. Pro 2As say it will kill gun sales and transfers and cause LGS to close. And they also claim it will require a separate permit and training for rifles, for pistols, and for shotguns.

Gov Hokum tried that in New York...many have been shot down already and the others are pending.  State assn of Sheriffs hav8=e condemned her actions and many counties have already said she can pound salt!

Folks in Oregon who are fighting such stupidity, should contact these folks..they have "been there, done that"!

https://www.nysrpa.org/
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2022, 03:30:24 AM »
This will go into effect in 17 days. How it will play out in the days that follow is anybody's guess.

Based on the passage of Oregon Ballot Initiative 114 and its expectation to take effect on December 08, 2022, Sportsman's Warehouse currently understands the following impacts to Oregon residents;
December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase a full capacity firearm magazine (magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds).
December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase a firearm equipped with a full capacity magazine (firearms equipped and sold with magazines holding more than 10 rounds).
December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase ANY firearm without a valid Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit.
If a firearm customer's background check is delayed (goes into the "OSP que") and the approval comes on or after December 08, 2022 (Thursday) – the customer will need a valid Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit to take possession of the firearm.
On and after December 08, 2022 (Thursday) all firearm buyers must have an Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit to purchase ANY firearm.
At this time there are no known OR law enforcement agencies issuing the Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit.
The new Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit may require live fire training.
Sportsman's Warehouse is dedicated to serving our Oregon customers and is doing everything possible to satisfy their needs.
This includes extending store hours and resupplying stores on a rapid schedule.
We encourage you to reach out to your local representatives on this egregious initiative and its potential long-term detrimental impacts to the outdoor sporting goods industry, hunting, shooting sports and Oregonians Second Amendment rights.

Offline orerancher

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 12:15:58 PM »
Giant catch-22...just as it was intended  to be...got to have a permit to buy a  gun..but no way to get a permit
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2022, 12:16:46 PM »
I'm betting sales are brisk to say the least.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2022, 05:23:43 PM »
Right now sales are brisk. I read that those awaiting approval of backgdound check is huge right now. Something like 4 or 5 times what it was before the law passed.

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2022, 05:48:27 PM »
Ya know.....you'd think that sometime, some of the anti-firearms crowd would realize that thier laws are the biggest firearms sales motivator than anything else.

Roger

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 12:53:05 AM »
Ya know.....you'd think that sometime, some of the anti-firearms crowd would realize that thier laws are the biggest firearms sales motivator than anything else.

Roger

The only thing bad about "blue state" gun sales is, you better not use'em to protect yourself.

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 01:48:56 AM »

Roger

The only thing bad about "blue state" gun sales is, you better not use'em to protect yourself.

However, remember that in Oregon most of the state is actually red land area wise. It's mostly the I 5 corridor that is blue and although they run the state, they constitute just over 50% based on the Governor's race. There was only maybe two percent between R & D this last run (and both less than 50%). Personally I think that if the R's had run a better candidate, they would have won. If I remember correctly, Drason (sic) stayed in state the last time the R's left to stop the passage of an anti 2A law, thus provided a querrom so it could be passed. Just my take on the local situation.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2022, 04:30:46 AM »

Roger

However, remember that in Oregon most of the state is actually red land area wise. It's mostly the I 5 corridor that is blue and although they run the state, they constitute just over 50% based on the Governor's race. There was only maybe two percent between R & D this last run (and both less than 50%). Personally I think that if the R's had run a better candidate, they would have won. If I remember correctly, Drason (sic) stayed in state the last time the R's left to stop the passage of an anti 2A law, thus provided a querrom so it could be passed. Just my take on the local situation.

Well lets see.....The current Gov. Kate Brown  assumed the governorship upon the resignation of John Kitzhaber (a Democrat) in 2015. He resigned after criminal charges were brought against him. She was elected to serve out the remainder of his gubernatorial term in the special election in 2016 and was reelected to a full term in 2018. As an openly bisexual woman (pervert). The new Gov.elect Kotek is a homosexual (pervert) that won by a slim margin, in a race for Governor that hasn't had Republican representation since voting in person was halted.I personally know a Liberal female voter that received two ballots this year in the mail. She trashed one of them. Were there other duplicates sent to Democrat voters?
That is My take on why Republicans lose close races. Even some not so close. We will never see honest elections if we don't return to voting in person with valid proof of citizenship. Especially in Liberal controlled states like Oregon, Washington, and Californicate.

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2022, 06:42:16 AM »
I think the camel is in the tent. Gonna have to trash the tent, hang the camel, and start from scratch. Ain't no politician gonna vote in election day voting with an ID, any more than their gonna vote in term limits. That just ain't the way politicians operate.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2022, 01:45:26 PM »
YUP!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 09:20:32 AM »
  From OP...  " That backlog is certainly a representation of the worry over a potential halt in gun sales. The permits will have a $65 fee, and OSSA says that is not enough to cover the cost of processing them."

Other states can do it at a very low fee..  Keep in mind, most Demonrats can lie to your face..without any pang of conscience..

From Dee;  "
The only thing bad about "blue state" gun sales is, you better not use'em to protect yourself."

Pretty much depends upon which county in which the act of self defense has transpired.  I don't fear a jury in my home county, anything like I would a jury in a particular neighboring county.