Author Topic: Finally, Gov Abbott sends the Guard to protect Texas border  (Read 1670 times)

TM7

Finally, Gov Abbott sends the Guard to protect Texas border
« on: November 23, 2022, 04:14:32 AM »
Finally. But watch this.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/greg-abbott-mobilizes-texas-national-guard-protect-southern-border/

Texas National Guard Takes ‘Unprecedented’ Steps to Protect Border

Days after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott declared an invasion over surging illegal immigration numbers, the Texas National Guard is deploying tank-like armored vehicles along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Finally, Gov Abbott sends the Guard to protect Texas border
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 04:35:48 AM »
   I heard that on the news while driving.  First off, I thought, "good going gov Abbott !"   ..And it was a good move by him..
   Then I struck me, concerning the media's lack of understanding, when they said he was sending "tank like" vehicles to the border.
     What in tarnation is a "tank like" vehicle..either it is a tank or it is not. 

Obviously, if it is not a tank it must be something else, in that case, it is a reporter's job to find out  what it is.

Rather like having Thanksgiving dinner at a fine restaurant, where the menu lists a "turkey like" entree !

Would you be inclined to ask.."Whaaaat" ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline TrumpWon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 06:31:35 AM »
M113 armored personnel carriers were mentioned in the MSM articles I read

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 07:42:52 AM »
Thread title: Finally, Governor Abbott sends the Guard to protect the Texas border

Actually, the Texas National Guard has been on the Texas border for over a year. They put up fencing and gates, and put locks on the gates.

Then, the Border Patrol comes along and cuts the locks, and in some cases takes down the fencing.

This "Invasion Declaration" is something different, and in all actuality, about all the Texas National Guard can do is take them to a Border Crossing and send them back to Mexico. Texas does not have the funds, nor the means to deport them.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 10:25:58 AM »
Sadly; what happens when the feds are terribly derelict in their duties...or should I say, corrupt in their nature?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 12:23:20 PM »
No, they've had a "manned active presence" on the  border for over a year. The new invasion declaration will change their duties only slightly. The Texas National Guard has been a big part of "Operation Lone Star".
Who d you think has been loading those illegal border jumpers on all those buses?

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 01:24:02 PM »
Yeah well, maybe they will start sending the illegals back to where they came from; instead of transporting them to where they want to go.

Texas doesn't have the funds to deport them any further than back to Mexico, IF Mexico will accept them, and that's a big IF.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 02:50:53 PM »
The Mexican border is in the middle of the Rio Grand River. I guess "the inference" can be what ever you want it to be, and the facts will just be the facts.

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 04:31:29 PM »
The Mexican border is in the middle of the Rio Grand River. I guess "the inference" can be what ever you want it to be, and the facts will just be the facts.

I wouldn't be surprised if some states start shipping the illegals right back to Austin.

Neither would Texas. The northern states haven't been any help other than to complain.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2022, 01:51:48 AM »
Neither would Texas. The northern states haven't been any help other than to complain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what are the northern states suppose to be doing?

I guess these northern states are doing the same thing Texas did when they were invaded by illegals for the last 40 years. I.E. not much.

How about offering assistance (guard units,  ect), instead of whinin and doing their "Joe Biden imitation" when they get a bus load. The obvious. "UNITED" STATES

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 03:10:44 AM »
Texas has a states right to protect itself from invasion, which I have detailed in earlier post. Northern states are not part of Texas' invasion, nor did any other state help northern states with the illegal invasion for the last 40 years.

Finally, Abbott has perhaps figured this out and is taking direct action to solve a Texas problem. Perhaps he figured out to do nothing is political suicide by replacement theory per Demoncrat strategy.

Texas has a GDP of $1.81 trillion dollars, slightly more than Russia's GDP. And Russia is confronting the entire western megalopoply and banking establishment. So Texas should be capable of solving it's invasion problem, even if the Feds have abandoned their constitutional duties.

Btw, I can see how old time Texans would be very upset to watch their state be culture subverted by a mass foreign illegal invasion.

Forever the "Russian Apologist", bringing Russia into "everything". Trouble is, Russia like Mexico, is the invader.

So your the expert on all things Russia,  and now Texas. All the way from your living room. In Wisconsin.  ::)

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022, 03:47:59 AM »
Lame arse reply, disconnected from reality and conventions of discussion.

You brought up Texas is too poor to deal with the invasion, but more like too cheap.
Texas is economically comparable to Russia. The point you refuse to admit is Russia is involved with a far bigger undertaking then Texas dealing with border jumpers. That's a fact and valid comparison of our day. Injecting your Russian hatred and misguided political musings into the discussion is disingenuous, but a fixation expected from you.

Hopefully and finally, Abbott has this figured out that Texas has to contend with Texas problems, instead of constant whining.

Of course your right. All the way from your living room. In Wisconsin.  ;)

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 03:48:39 AM »
Russia's problems are of her own making or rather Putin's. She is the invader, not the the receiver of an invasion like Texas is. Texas and Arizona stand alone in being over run with no help at all from our so called federal government where the responsibility lies to stop it. All Putin has to do to cure his problem is to pack up and go home.

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2022, 03:51:21 AM »
Russia's problems are of her own making or rather Putin's. She is the invader, not the the receiver of an invasion like Texas is. Texas and Arizona stand alone in being over run with no help at all from our so called federal government where the responsibility lies to stop it. All Putin has to do to cure his problem is to pack up and go home.

That's is way too factual to be understood. In Wisconsin. To comprehend that everything Texas is doing to stop the invasion is immediately being "undone" by Washington is a stretch for some. You and I actually see it. The rest are northern armchair quarterbacks that don't really get it because its not happening to them.  .;)

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2022, 06:35:42 AM »
Fyi.... I don't live in Wisconsin.
I live in Le Grande Bois du Nord.

OandS....the only analogy I was making was Russia has about the same GDP as Texas.
But politically there are different circumstances, but both Tex and Rus issues anchored in Washington intransigence.

Naaaa, you live in Wisconsin.  ;)

Offline phalanx

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 10:44:52 AM »
Fyi.... I don't live in Wisconsin.
I live in Le Grande Bois du Nord.

OandS....the only analogy I was making was Russia has about the same GDP as Texas.
But politically there are different circumstances, but both Tex and Rus issues anchored in Washington intransigence.

Sounds like something an Icelandic would say.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 12:59:15 PM »
Texas was shipping to sanctuary cities in northern states. Were they not? Great idea! They deserve them, and should welcome them with open arms.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 01:26:01 PM »
Texas was shipping to sanctuary cities in northern states. Were they not? Great idea! They deserve them, and should welcome them with open arms.
Agreed although I sure hope the city’s closest to me are not sanitarium city’s :)

Offline Dee

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2022, 02:45:34 AM »
NWH..
Sometime when you got nothing to do, Google what is a sanctuary city or state. It's a term declared by a mayor or governor, sometimes to express progressive values, but likewise meaning 'we are not federal immigration agents- - do not expect us to do your work for you'.

But what I want to ask you is how shipping these illegals to presumed sanctuary cities makes America a better place?
How does this practice solve the illegal invasion problem?

Well we're the "UNITED" States aren't we? You don't have to drive all the way down here to get "your share" of the illegal border jumpers. We'll shipments up to you.

And to your question as to how does this solve the problem? It doesn't!

But "northern non border" states sittin on their asses and complainin about a bus load ain't helpin either.  ;) So much for "United" ::)

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2022, 03:51:12 AM »
I wish Abbott would send a couple or three bus loads to the Round House in Santa Fe when the legislature meets next year. Just pull up to the front, tell them to go on inside where they are waiting  with open arms, and drive off. NM doesn't have a problem with them because our governor refuses to see one. Ask anyone along the border if there is and you will get an entirely different answer.

Offline Dee

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2022, 04:07:02 AM »
I wish Abbott would send a couple or three bus loads to the Round House in Santa Fe when the legislature meets next year. Just pull up to the front, tell them to go on inside where they are waiting  with open arms, and drive off. NM doesn't have a problem with them because our governor refuses to see one. Ask anyone along the border if there is and you will get an entirely different answer.

I enjoy the critics from up north complaining, and giving advice about a situation that they're totally clueless about. It's a comedy of know nuthins. :)

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2022, 05:37:39 AM »
Agreed.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2022, 10:35:10 AM »
Legal or illegal? There IS a difference you know.

Vendictive? Why not as the powers that be in this state have no interest in what conditions are along the Mexican border and there aren't enough voters there to matter to them. Maybe it will wake them up but probably not.

Offline Dee

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2022, 01:07:10 PM »
LOL, A "know it all northerner" (as usual) has all the answers for what the governor needs to do. Not even a hint of a clue of whas going on down here.  ::)

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2022, 02:16:52 PM »
Funny that Governor Abbott is doing what the “conspiracy theorist” said he should do months ago and got the same bs response...

Offline Dee

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2022, 03:01:35 PM »
Funny that Governor Abbott is doing what the “conspiracy theorist” said he should do months ago and got the same bs response...

What's funnier is Governor Abbott has been doin it for almost 2 years and the "conspiracy theorist" along with his little "echo troll" were totally oblivious to the fact.
Both think they have prophesied a solution that neither even comprehends.

Wonder when that little "echo troll" is gonna make that run to Walmart, and buy himself a personality of his own? :-\

Offline Dee

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2022, 03:23:18 PM »
LOL, A "know it all northerner" (as usual) has all the answers for what the governor needs to do. Not even a hint of a clue of whas going on down here.  ::)

Well you're certainly no help.
Just flapping your gums and whining like an old washer woman; having no real solution either.
Then BSing nobody can understand the problem if they live north of Philadelphia....
You can whine like a Karen and be vindictive all you want , but the Feds don't care.

Maybe a long shot, but perhaps Abbott figured out he has to take direct action.

But I 'm not going to hold my breath  b/c Texas is probably already too far gone; seeing that Dallas host really disgusting drag shows for young children. And I mean really disgusting if you paid attention _ _ and just crickets from Texans.

Oh my gosh! I'm so offended! A "Wisconsin cheese head" doesn't approve of Texas. Oh, the shame of it all.  ::)
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2022, 03:37:53 PM »
Never been to Wisconsin.....
But I have been to Texas, and I'm happy to report not all Texans are vindictive sour grapes like Dee.

LMAO!
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2022, 04:26:21 PM »

What's funnier is Governor Abbott has been doin it for almost 2 years and the "conspiracy theorist" along with his little "echo troll" were totally oblivious to the fact.
Both think they have prophesied a solution that neither even comprehends.

Wonder when that little "echo troll" is gonna make that run to Walmart, and buy himself a personality of his own? :-\

Says the site curmudgeon...

LOL, this could go on and on, but the truth is, you don't know "shlt from come here" about the border problems in Texas, and your little "echo troll" knows even less. Everyone on GBO I'm sure knows that.
You blabber about what you know nuthin about and your "little groupie troll" who lacks any real personality of his own, just follows you around cause he doesn't know any better.
And a Wisconsin "cheese head"? Well, hes just that.

So adios cheesy, your way over your head, and talkin silliness. ;)