Author Topic: The scoop on weapons in the UK..  (Read 359 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
The scoop on weapons in the UK..
« on: December 06, 2022, 04:10:17 PM »
So often we hear discussions upon the UK rules on guns, knives etc.  Most of us can only guess, and I suspect most residents of the UK can only guess, since many there seem so disinterested in guns etc.

Here is a video breakdown with a former London cop now living in the states..     Perhaps that will answer some questions you may have. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMMQ-GBSKUM
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The scoop on weapons in the UK..
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 04:49:33 AM »
I watched and enjoyed the complete video just because of the limey's delivery. Funny guy. Right at the last when the idea of teaching gun safety in the schools came up I decided both are out of touch with the education system in the US. NM can't teach but 13% of their students to read and write and you want them teaching gun safety? Uh,uh, no way, Jose'.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 05:23:29 AM »
The Scotts like to have guns, they have these gun clubs where you can buy, and keep your guns in a locker. They have shooting ranges where you can shoot. An armory where you buy ammo.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Bob Smith

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 07:15:33 AM »
Firearms legislation is the same through England, Scotland and Wales. It was not devolved to the Scottish government who are on record as wanting more stringent laws.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 07:24:26 AM »
Firearms legislation is the same through England, Scotland and Wales. It was not devolved to the Scottish government who are on record as wanting more stringent laws.

I was only in the UK in 1970, to 1972. Air crew member on a C141 cargo plane.
At RAF Mildenhall, England. Also RAF Lakenheath. Flying supplies to our bases in Europe.
Mostly Iceland for our base in Keflavik. We liked the women there  ;).
The men were jerks and wanted Americans out of the country.

The Soviet Union also used the sea ports. Our commanding officer didn't want us mingling with the Russians.
But they had vodka , a bit of bartering went on there. Back then a six pack of  Coors beer is what everyone
On the base wanted. Another plane was sneaking it in, officers first of course. Icelandic's make a mean ham sandwich.

. From the shore you could watch the Soviet northern fleet go by.

In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 02:09:43 PM »
Just me-  I have no weapons,
only firearms and cutlery
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb