Author Topic: he is right  (Read 583 times)

Offline locust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
he is right
« on: December 18, 2022, 03:58:03 AM »

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: he is right
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 09:49:31 AM »
That's pretty much it, but I can't believe a Jehovah's Witness would listen and agree with it.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 08:07:02 AM »
  Since I have heard all the pros and cons over the years, I didn't spend a full hour  or so, watching a preacher list all the things that aware Christians have been well apprised of for centuries.

His preaching seems to be very elementary, and would likely bore any well informed Christian; since most know there
    are flaws in the stories as they are popularly told. Primarily because 'the world' has latched onto the account of the
    birth of God's only begotten Son, and added fanciful, fictitious chapters and lines.

We can't help what the unlearned do, even though the have greatly embellished and in some places, completely
    ignored the written word.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 08:36:08 AM »
  Here is a far better explanation, from a far better preacher.  Note that the first couple minutes of the sermon presents evidence of just who Jesus is, and why he was born on earth..why God chose to come to earth.  (1 Tim 3:16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crBlKiBGiqw

The rest extrapolates...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 09:25:37 AM »
  Since I have heard all the pros and cons over the years, I didn't spend a full hour  or so, watching a preacher list all the things that aware Christians have been well apprised of for centuries.

His preaching seems to be very elementary, and would likely bore any well informed Christian; since most know there
    are flaws in the stories as they are popularly told. Primarily because 'the world' has latched onto the account of the
    birth of God's only begotten Son, and added fanciful, fictitious chapters and lines.

We can't help what the unlearned do, even though the have greatly embellished and in some places, completely
    ignored the written word.

Here is a far better explanation, from a far better preacher.  Note that the first couple minutes of the sermon presents evidence of just who Jesus is, and why he was born on earth..why God chose to come to earth.  (1 Tim 3:16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crBlKiBGiqw

The rest extrapolates...

A guy you've lambasted  from his very 1st post here, comes up with a sincere, and factual post, and all you can do is tear it down. Your entire demeanor concerning "anyones faith", is to "steal their joy".

There is not one thing wrong with that simple sermon in "layman's simplicity". He is a legitimate God fearing ordained Independent Baptist Pastor.

https://thecloudchurch.org/   https://thecloudchurch.org/about

What a shameful old self-righteous fanatic you are. Your not about Christ, and Salvation. Your about promoting "you". :-\

Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 12:13:53 PM »
     I did not watch the full message, since I heard that given information many years ago. So that is why I said it is elementary preaching.  Not an insult, perhaps he has a congregation of many who are new to the faith, and he has to preach at an elementary level.
      In fact, he could be doing a great job for his people, since they may need those basic, introductory sermons.

Give Locust credit, he posted that message, so he must have gained something from it.  Let's hope he gained
     a nugget of life changing bit of knowledge...
   How about you, did you learn something from it ?  If you did, all the more power to you !

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 12:53:56 PM »
     I did not watch the full message, since I heard that given information many years ago. So that is why I said it is elementary preaching.  Not an insult, perhaps he has a congregation of many who are new to the faith, and he has to preach at an elementary level.
      In fact, he could be doing a great job for his people, since they may need those basic, introductory sermons.

Give Locust credit, he posted that message, so he must have gained something from it.  Let's hope he gained
   How about you, did you learn something from it ?  If you did, all the more power to you !

If you had looked at it with a less critical all knowing religious fanatic  attitude, you would have learned he has a ministry that encompasses both English, and Spanish. I already knew it, but the point is; you could really use some humility, because you have very little. You ain't always right, but you are always condescending to anyone that doesn't agree with  you.
In this post your still talking down to locust, and "trying" to talk  down to me. Your fanatical about "yourself" being the expert concerning Christianity.
You ask did "I" learn anything"? Yes, I did. I learned "more" about your egotistical religious fanaticism, and how far you'll try to put others  beneath yourself, trying to make yourself look more aloof, and above others. You have no humility.
You believe yourself to be the only meat eater, and everybody else is on milk. Your a religious fanatic.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 01:02:47 PM »

If you had looked at it with a less critical all knowing religious fanatic  attitude, you would have learned he has a ministry that encompasses both English, and Spanish. I already knew it, but the point is; you could really use some humility, because you have very little. You ain't always right, but you are always condescending to anyone that doesn't agree with  you.
In this post your still talking down to locust, and "trying" to talk  down to me. Your fanatical about "yourself" being the expert concerning Christianity.
You ask did "I" learn anything"? Yes, I did. I learned "more" about your egotistical religious fanaticism, and how far you'll try to put others  beneath yourself, trying to make yourself look more aloof, and above others. You have no humility.
You believe yourself to be the only meat eater, and everybody else is on milk. Your a religious fanatic.

Now who is filled to overflowing with hubris?   ;)  :D  ;D

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 01:09:30 PM »

Now who is filled to overflowing with hubris?   ;)  :D  ;D

Obviously you. You  asked me what I learned. While you learned the usual. "NUTHIN"

I'm gettin bored.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 08:36:19 AM »
there is one thing about a sin . if you do it on purpose its even worse . you have read your bible and you should know things about Jesus not being born in December .it just doesn't add up . 3 wise men that came to see Jesus the night he was born do not work and yet people swallow it hook line and sinker. turn away and repent.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2022, 05:03:45 AM »
there is one thing about a sin . if you do it on purpose its even worse . you have read your bible and you should know things about Jesus not being born in December .it just doesn't add up . 3 wise men that came to see Jesus the night he was born do not work and yet people swallow it hook line and sinker. turn away and repent.

Yes, some do fall for those errors, but sorry, I think you're behind the curve with aware Christians, Locust..  Actually most people who attend a Bible preaching, teaching church are well aware of these errors which have been present in the "Christmas story" for decades.

1) Not 3 wise men..no number given in scripture..could have been 16-18 or 20..

2)  No, they were not present at the stable.  They probably arrived between 6 months and 18 months after Jesus'
  earthly incarnation.

3) Bible says they visited Him at "the house".

4) Surely, Herod when pronouncing death to boys up to 2 years, gave himself a margin of coverage.

5) Exact date of Jesus' birth unknown, but taking clues from descriptive passages, some scholars say
    October, some say springtime.  However with a desire to note the world altering event, many Christians choose to
     consider it as late December, to honor our Lord and savior.  They do this, knowing that God "looks upon the heart",
   so obviously He savors their worship..

My grandson, who has recently been 'inspected & elected', to serve with me on the board of elders of our church,
  has just completed a paper on "The Christmas story", with a special emphasis on the Magi or "wise men"..

Much very interesting information, when gleaning sources from the Bible, archaeology and secular historians.

..But if you think serious Christians fall for those old tales..better think again.

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2022, 05:19:24 AM »

Yes, some do fall for those errors, but sorry, "I think you're behind the curve" with aware Christias, Locust..  Actually most people who attend a Bible preaching, teaching church are well aware of these errors which have been present in the "Christmas story" for decades.

My grandson, who has recently been 'inspected & elected', to serve with me on the board of elders of our church,

Once again ironglow demenishes locusts' faith, and promotes HIMSELF & HIS GRANDSONS' SUPERIOR "CHRISTIAN" KNOWLEDGE, AND WORSHIP.   ::)

JOY STEALING, ENCOURAGEMENT KILLING, SELF RIGHTEOUS RELIGIOUS FANATACISM ::)

CAN'T BE A REAL CHRISTIAN UNLESS YOU PASS "IRONGLOW INSPECTION" :o

A MODERN DAY PHARISEE AND BLINDLY, BLATANTLY "SHAMEFUL".

Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2022, 06:32:33 AM »
From Dee;
"Once again ironglow demenishes locusts' faith, and promotes HIMSELF & HIS GRANDSONS' SUPERIOR "CHRISTIAN" KNOWLEDGE, AND WORSHIP.   ::)

JOY STEALING, ENCOURAGEMENT KILLING, SELF RIGHTEOUS RELIGIOUS FANATACISM ::)

CAN'T BE A REAL CHRISTIAN UNLESS YOU PASS "IRONGLOW INSPECTION" :o

A MODERN DAY PHARISEE AND BLINDLY, BLATANTLY "SHAMEFUL".
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT IN BLAZES IS WRONG WITH YOU, DEE ? WHERE IN THE DICKENS DID YOU PICK UP THAT BURR UNDER YOUR SADDLE?

Contrary to what you are claiming,  I was having a discussion with Locust, explaining some of the irregularities practiced by some Christians...in which case, I was much agreeing with him.
  I extrapolated out the reasons some still keep the old errors alive, and tried to explain how they were not necessarily dangerous.
  .. But before Locust could even reply, you had to barge in with your bellicose, misinformed claims!

If you wish to claim you have better, more concise knowledge, go ahead and dispute what I said..with scriptural, and/or historical proofs.
   Don't just stand around like an old crow...cawwing and cawwing about it !  If you have some better knowledge,
 then let's have it !

You do evidence a latent skill however..since you do show a great turn at name calling.. as evidenced in your last post.

Does it truly trouble you that you apparently cannot keep pace with either Locust or myself? 

If so, just remember the old challenge....."Put up or.......

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2022, 11:42:48 AM »
i happened to drive past a church, and out front was a nativity scene. 3 wise men stood in place. [perhaps that's a misnomer evidently some men with some knowledge of the stars] . however, that is the message that's sent that they were there the night Jesus was born

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2022, 05:05:36 PM »
i happened to drive past a church, and out front was a nativity scene. 3 wise men stood in place. [perhaps that's a misnomer evidently some men with some knowledge of the stars] . however, that is the message that's sent that they were there the night Jesus was born

Right, much of that still persists..  I guess some cling to it simply because it makes a nice picture.

The "wise men" more appropriately, "Magi"..the term the contemporary term "magician" is derived from, were close advisers to Kings, and actually were often "king makers"..due to their great influence.

We meet these type fellows in the book of Daniel, when the soothsayers were called to interpret King
     Nebuchadnezzar's dream. They were heavy into astrological readings.

They were held in awe by the people..and somewhat in fear by kings, since they did possess such influence.

That is why King Herod, about went bonkers, when he heard the Magi were in town...looking for a newborn king.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2022, 06:50:30 AM »
  We have discussed the story of the nativity, and we agree that some things that are done , are not in strict keeping with scripture, but are still held by tradition and custom.

Here is a a man & group study related history, astronomy and other sources, and with hard work put together credible
   movie.

It concerns the origin, position, nature and gravity of the Maji, an astronomical look at the star, along with the culture and politics of the time..in order to put together a very comprehensive report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55VRdLnkvDw&t=232s

A great Sunday evening movie for the whole family..