Author Topic: Christmas music styles  (Read 295 times)

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
Christmas music styles
« on: December 27, 2022, 06:59:02 AM »
I am now listening to Sounds of the Seasons on cable TV;  early this season it was re-runs of mostly non-religious songs, with Christian songs by old school singers, Bing, Martin etc.

Now they are at least playing stuff , while a lot is till decades old, that is not the same thing over, and over, and over, and over.
They play till New Year's Eve.

On Christmas day I listened to some radio stations that I normally do not as on Christmas Day, many stations mostly play Christmas music with the majority being Christian based songs, BUT, one Christian Station I listened to played the new Christian style versions of old songs, and too many are not worth listening to.

As I said many times, instead of being up beat and celebrating, they are as if the singer was in misery, or horribly constipated.
Now some of the non-Christain based song redos are actually an a nice change.
In the long run, I much prefer most Christian songs , sung by a choir, and or Orchestra but Silent Night and Hark the Herald Angels sing are fine with a solo or duo singing.

Merry Third Day of Christmas and Happy St. Stephen's Day.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Christmas music styles
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 07:08:29 AM »
There are some new Christmas sings being written.  This particular one has fast become my favorite.
  Here it is, being sung by the man who wrote it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXmfkFoX-PE
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 10:16:23 AM »
I like that song, very beautiful tune, BUT, it is illogical at best.
YES, Mary knew exactly what and who Jesus was; one proof of point was the wedding where she motherly says:Jesus we are out of wine, do you thing and get me some more. ;D

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 10:55:53 AM »
Yes; she obviously knew the basic move by God...but perhaps some of the details were new to her.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 08:40:43 AM »
Using the British 12 days of Christmas molded to the Orthodox/Coptic Julian Christmas Day, today is the last day of Christmas.
I finally started playing some Christmas CDs, (partly to decide if a few should be removed to garbage burner outside or City Library bin where such stuff can be dropped off.

I keep the one side door open when I get up for a few hours , as I like to look out side, especially on a sunny day, and see the clean white snow, now; the years we had barely any to no snow at Christmas time, playing Christmas music just did not go well with brown dry grass, but, years snow is out there, I keep playing what reminds me of the Joy Jesus brought with his birth for quite some time.

This week is called Blue holiday officially in different parts of the world as the cold and non-celebratory month of January can get a person down (Even I have grumbled about this long before I knew January was a Blue holiday), so Christmas music helps.